TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > The Films > Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
User Name
Password

Old 04-23-2003, 03:49 PM   #1
00Kevin
Indyfan

Question

let's speculate what songs/music clips from past indy films should appear in indy 4 (besides the raiders march)

perhaps the marion and willie love themes if they show

keeping up with the jonese clip somewhere in there

other clips (arc, grail, stones, nazi...)could be used in short homages (like the arc on the wall in LC)

let the battle begin!
00Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003, 05:30 PM   #2
Attila the Professor

Perhaps a slight bit of the Nazi theme if there is a reference to them...I agree with Marion and Elsa, but I still hope they don't show up...I hope a bit of the artifact themes when Indy goes back into the field...perhaps a bit of an action scene theme if it would be appropriate...
Attila the Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003, 05:39 PM   #3
swords
IndyFan

Good thread 00. I was actually thinking if they bring back any musical piece, theres the one from LC which I thought fits the Indy theme well. It wasn't used much for LC, just on the boat with Panama Hat, does anyone know which one Im referring? The scene where Indy briefly looks at the cross sliding overboard, and he quickly dodges for it and catches it, the music that accompanies Indy there I think would be good to bring back.

I always thought that sounded pretty enchanting, which is surprising they only used it for this brief sequence in LC.
swords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003, 05:40 PM   #4
Attila the Professor

Quote:
Originally posted by swords
Good thread 00. I was actually thinking if they bring back any musical piece, theres the one from LC which I thought fits the Indy theme well. It wasn't used much for LC, just on the boat with Panama Hat, does anyone know which one Im referring? The scene where Indy briefly looks at the cross sliding overboard, and he quickly dodges for it and catches it, the music that accompanies Indy there I think would be good to bring back.

I always thought that sounded pretty enchanting, which is surprising they only used it for this brief sequence in LC.

That's the Cross of Coronado theme, perhaps my favorite theme in the entire series, including the Raiders March.
Attila the Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003, 07:31 PM   #5
Aaron H
Moderator Emeritus

Raiders theme, of course. But I think that the Grail theme should be referenced somewhere.
Aaron H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003, 07:59 PM   #6
00Kevin
Indyfan

Quote:
Originally posted by Attila the Professor
Quote:
Originally posted by swords

That's the Cross of Coronado theme, perhaps my favorite theme in the entire series, including the Raiders March.

yeah, the CoC one would be good too
Old 04-30-2003, 04:19 PM   #7
Duguay
IndyFan

Well, there's two themes that I consider closely tied to Indy and his father, there's the introspective one that can be heard in "Keeping up with the Joneses", and there's the cute one that plays whenever they are in trouble, heard in "Scherzo for motorcycle" track on the LC soundtrack. I personally prefer the cute theme, it always makes me laugh because I associate it with Indy and Henry's hilarious antics. But I suspect the introspective one will be used, since the word is that they want Sean Connery involved in the new movie.
Duguay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2003, 11:11 PM   #8
FordFan
IndyFan

I think the best sequences of music in the whole series (aside from the march) are The Map Room and The Truck Chase.

Does anyone realize that if John Williams conducts an excellent score, the film will be a classic? Think about it. An excellent score can really save a movie.
FordFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 06:11 AM   #9
00Kevin
Indyfan

yes......but It would have to be an amasing score

the SW prequels had great music.....but still arn't as loved as the origonal

the question is: Can JW make such a score???????? his best ever?????

If the plot or something is bad.....then It's up to JW to save it

and if the plots good...then JW can make it the greatest adventure film EVER

I sure hope he puts all effort possibly to make this magical
Old 05-01-2003, 05:20 PM   #10
Von Beck
IndyFan

I hope JW will go above and beyond to make the IndyIV score as good or even better than the other Indy movies which hopefully, some parts that become classic.
Von Beck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2003, 03:13 PM   #11
westford
IndyFan

If JW's gonna recycle anything for the IJIV score, I just hope it's Indy stuff - doesn't matter too much which tunes, as long as they're Indy. In Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, there was a track that was pretty similar to the Zam Wesell chase music from AotC (the Quidditch scene with Harry and Draco going after the snitch with the bludger right behind them, which even looked like a cross between the pod racing from PM and the speeder bike chase on Endor - Harry Potter is Luke Skywalker!!! ).
westford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2003, 04:13 PM   #12
Barryson Ford
IndyFan

i always liked the 'haunting' Ark theme,which actually is played more in Raiders of the lost ark then the Raiders march.
so i vote for that
Barryson Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2003, 04:52 PM   #13
NileQT87
IndyFan

i love the marion/indy theme...actually bits of it are in the full raiders march. it goes into snipits of their love theme.

maybe well even hear willie rehashing "anything goes."
NileQT87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 08:06 PM   #14
sarah navarro
IndyFan

wow this was posted a long time ago , i just felt like saying they should definitly use the raiders march with the love theme (same song)
sarah navarro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 04:38 AM   #15
oki9Sedo
IndyFan

Well it all depends on the story....whats the point in using the Ark theme if the Ark has nothing to do with it? The same goes for any other theme.
oki9Sedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 09:00 AM   #16
IndySeven
IndyFan

Here's the music that should be reused:

Raiders Theme (of course)
Ark Theme
Truck Chase

All three of these are awesome and should definitely be used again!
IndySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 01:39 PM   #17
oki9Sedo
IndyFan

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndySeven
Here's the music that should be reused:

Raiders Theme (of course)
Ark Theme
Truck Chase

All three of these are awesome and should definitely be used again!

It wouldn't make sense to use the Ark theme unless the Ark is involved in the story.

As for the Truck Chase music, great as it is, that music was written for that action scene and that action scene alone. All of the big action sequences in the trilogy have their own distinct themes: the Cairo marketplace, the Flying Wing, the truck chase, Indy vs. the Thuggee slavemaster, the bridge sequence, the Young Indy prologue, the speedboat chase, the tank chase etc.

So presumably the big action scenes in Indy IV will have their own distinct cues.
Old 07-14-2007, 02:32 PM   #18
Katarn07
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00Kevin
yes......but It would have to be an amasing score

the SW prequels had great music.....but still arn't as loved as the origonal

Says who? Duel of the Fates, Across the Stars, and Battle of Heroes are among the best pieces in the entire SW saga. They're up there with the main theme and the Imperial March.
Katarn07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 01:53 AM   #19
No Ticket
IndyFan

I'd rather not get reused themes much. I can't WAIT to hear the Raiders March (Indy theme) again though. But the prequels reused themes all over the place. I want to hear some fresh John Williams in this movie. He is SO GOOD at theme music. I can't wait to hear what's new for this one! Last Crusade has the best music IMO, btw. Just thought I'd throw that in there!
No Ticket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 09:42 PM   #20
jeshopk
IndyFan

Hopefully every second of this will be new music, just like the previous ones. A reprise of Raiders march at the end with quotes of indy's hero theme where appropriate. Attack of the Clones re-used so much from the TPM recording, I don't even consider it a finished film.
jeshopk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 11:18 AM   #21
Echo22
IndyFan

I'm predicting and hoping for all new music, as well. The Raiders march will indeed be in there at just the right moments. I can see Spielberg even taking an active role in deciding where and when during the film - because, after so long, it would definitely add to the emotion of the scenes. It's probably going through his head even while in the filming stages.

I can also see a few musical cameos, as well...

Marion's theme - If she's in it, you can count on it.
Henry Sr.'s theme - Whether Connery is in it or not, they'll likely reference him somehow. The theme I'm referring to was used in two major scenes in Last Crusade: after the tank goes over and he finds that Indy survived and when Indy presents the Grail to him once he is revived.
Indy's whip theme from Raiders: Best I could come up with for a title. It's the theme used in the beginning when he swings across the trench before finding the idol. Also used in the Well of Souls when he's climbing the Egyptian statue. I could see Williams using this just for fun as a more subtle nod to Raider's. There's a similar theme in Last Crusade when he is swinging around outside of the Castle just before Sr. is introduced.
And, yes, if either Short Round or Willie find their way into this film, then it's probable you'll have a couple of seconds devoted to them. It would be overkill though if Marion is involved.

As for new themes:
LeBeouf's character for sure.
Blanchett's character also definite.
Villain's theme (maybe a Russian march)
Hurt's character - If he's the villain, then it will be the same.
Artifact theme - you bet!
And three or four action sequences.

Harrison Ford and John Williams will play the biggest roles in bringing a sense of nostalgia to the fourth film (with obvious help from Spielberg). I already know that this will be one of my favorite scores. It's a no-brainer.

Can't wait!

Last edited by Echo22 : 07-16-2007 at 11:24 AM.
Echo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 12:15 PM   #22
oki9Sedo
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo22
I'm predicting and hoping for all new music, as well. The Raiders march will indeed be in there at just the right moments. I can see Spielberg even taking an active role in deciding where and when during the film - because, after so long, it would definitely add to the emotion of the scenes. It's probably going through his head even while in the filming stages.

I can also see a few musical cameos, as well...

Marion's theme - If she's in it, you can count on it.
Henry Sr.'s theme - Whether Connery is in it or not, they'll likely reference him somehow. The theme I'm referring to was used in two major scenes in Last Crusade: after the tank goes over and he finds that Indy survived and when Indy presents the Grail to him once he is revived.
Indy's whip theme from Raiders: Best I could come up with for a title. It's the theme used in the beginning when he swings across the trench before finding the idol. Also used in the Well of Souls when he's climbing the Egyptian statue. I could see Williams using this just for fun as a more subtle nod to Raider's. There's a similar theme in Last Crusade when he is swinging around outside of the Castle just before Sr. is introduced.
And, yes, if either Short Round or Willie find their way into this film, then it's probable you'll have a couple of seconds devoted to them. It would be overkill though if Marion is involved.

As for new themes:
LeBeouf's character for sure.
Blanchett's character also definite.
Villain's theme (maybe a Russian march)
Hurt's character - If he's the villain, then it will be the same.
Artifact theme - you bet!
And three or four action sequences.

Harrison Ford and John Williams will play the biggest roles in bringing a sense of nostalgia to the fourth film (with obvious help from Spielberg). I already know that this will be one of my favorite scores. It's a no-brainer.

Can't wait!

Yes, that "Indy's Whip Theme" plays twice in Raiders and doesn't play at all in the sequels.

As for the "Henry Sr. theme", I always considered that to be a theme for the reconciliation of the two, rather than a character theme, if you get me.

But yeah, there'll be lots of new themes, for characters and action scenes.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:52 AM   #23
No Ticket
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarn07
Says who? Duel of the Fates, Across the Stars, and Battle of Heroes are among the best pieces in the entire SW saga. They're up there with the main theme and the Imperial March.

I agree with you 100%. I think that poster who said that doesn't realize that most of the music in the prequels is reused themes because most of the characters already had established ones. A lack of as much fresh material for the prequels. Most of the new stuff was pretty good, but what you named was by far the best. The great thing about Indy 4 is, I imagine most of the music will be brand new save for The Raiders march. That's the way it was for the previous three. Not as many reoccurring characters.
No Ticket is offline   Reply With Quote