Does anyone Roleplay?

The Drifter

Such as Dungeons and Dragons?
I used to roleplay alot online, but stopped for awhile. I just wanted to know if anyone else did this sort of thing here.

And, I do not mean World of Warcraft or Runescape

adventure_al

there was a raven roleplay thread on here for a while started off well but faded away :(

i tried to find the link to it for you but no success Im afraid.

Personally Im not into roleplay much but I do like story writing. Its similiar in the sense of creating your own characters and ideas.

Michael24

^Haha!!

Some of the games look like fun, but I could never understand all the point systems and stuff like that, so I mostly just stuck to board and videos games. But my brother was quite heavily into Magic at one point.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
I make a point NOT to date anyone who does roleplaying stuff (that includes World Of Warcraft geeks). Let's just say really bad experiences...:eek:

Nurhachi1991

Violet Indy said:
I make a point NOT to date anyone who does roleplaying stuff (that includes World Of Warcraft geeks). Let's just say really bad experiences...:eek:

I know I hate Warcraft to, most of my friends play it yet they make fun of me for liking Sports............ What is happening to this world?

The Drifter

I never played World of Warcraft.
I used to play the tabletop stuff with dice, character sheets, etc. Also, there are some great roleplaying sites on the web I used to dabble in.

keylan

I am an avid rolll player. Mostly as of late I have been playing Dragonlance on a Play by Post board and also Star Wars. I do own the Adventures of Indiana Jones RPG box set and also the Raiders of the Lost Ark source book but have not played them yet.

BadDates

I love roleplaying! Currently doing some regular AD&D but my favourite systems by far are Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay (especially for the wonderful background) and Call of Cthulhu. I've got the original Indiana Jones Roleplaying game in my collection too but have sadly never found anyone enthusiastic about playing it with me.

keylan

Well first of all we would need to see how many people are intersted in playing a Indy rpg. After that we can either use the rules from the box set which are most likely d6 rules or we could use the d20 modern rules if anyone has the rules for that game. We also need to get someone to run the game. We have many hurdles to overcome before this might become a reality.

The Drifter

keylan said:
Well first of all we would need to see how many people are intersted in playing a Indy rpg. After that we can either use the rules from the box set which are most likely d6 rules or we could use the d20 modern rules if anyone has the rules for that game. We also need to get someone to run the game. We have many hurdles to overcome before this might become a reality.

You are right.
Are there anyone out there who are interested in this? I know that I am!

whipem

I was actually very interested in D&D a few years back (always been a fan of fantasy novels, and I even bought the guide) but I couldn't find anyone else who wanted to get a game going. But what's that about playing online? Maybe something for beginners?

And referring to roundshort's thread, I wonder if anyone's combined the two kinds, you know, the guy has to defeat the troll/whatever with the "sacred lance"...pretty crude, but I'm in the middle of finals week now and I've been studying for a few hours straight now.

whipem

Sure, I'll see about giving it a try this summer. I guess you can post them, PM, I don't know, whatever works.