Lego Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures (General thread - NO hint requests)

Agent Z

legoindydemo20080513160uv8.th.jpg

Instant wallpaper! Thanks! (y)

The Tingler

I Hate Snakes! said:
Oh boy, that demo was not easy for me. I am a terrible, terrible PC gamer. I lost count of how many times I died... :dead:

That's the great thing about the Lego games - death isn't really a barrier to enjoyment!

Arab Swordsman

Ok, techinical question...I have a Logitech precision gamepad and can't use it in the game because there are more controls than buttons that I can configure on the pad. Is anyone else having this problem?

Raider Joe

The Tingler said:
That's the great thing about the Lego games - death isn't really a barrier to enjoyment!

Exactly! I think that's why the previous reviewer's criticism in the other thread must be tempered. You can't compare this to GTA4 or Call of Duty 4, are you kidding me? It's Legos. Whimsy rules the day. Script follows the movie, with Lego-intrinsic fun attached to it. And if it's like the Lego Star Wars games, there will be so much hidden stuff, so many characters, that the replay value for kids AND adults will be high and it'll be a blast.

:)

Dust McAlan

The Tingler said:
That was exactly why I was able to enjoy it. If it had been a serious game where death was a big deal, like starting over, I might have called foul. But blowing up into Lego bits then reforming to try the jump again suits the feel of the game perfectly, and actually made me laugh out loud at some of the ways I died.

The Tingler

Perhilion said:
GameTrailers has a new video up. The grail knight laughs at Donovan when he dies!

The Tingler said:
<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0" id="gtembed" width="480" height="392"> <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" /> <param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /> <param name="movie" value="http://www.gametrailers.com/remote_wrap.php?mid=33894"/> <param name="quality" value="high" /> <embed src="http://www.gametrailers.com/remote_wrap.php?mid=33894" swLiveConnect="true" name="gtembed" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" allowFullScreen="true" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="392"></embed> </object>

Previous page.

To whoever asked about the Logitech gamepad - a lot of those controls you don't need to worry about. I still can't work out what those 'Hat Up/down/left/right' controls do! You only really need four buttons and a control stick, although a second stick is useful for looking around.

Rhys135

Just noticed this on Play.com

Pre-order your copy of Lego Indiana Jones from Play.com and receive an exclusive code to unlock the character 'Belloq' from the start of the game.

Hmmm...not a great pre-order gift, but I suppose it makes sense why Paul Freeman has been doing those interviews?

The Drifter

WOW that trailer look awesome.
I can't wait to play the truck scene, and the mine cart scene!
But, I was reading the wikipage to this game, and it shows the chapters to each movie that you can play.

When you play through Last Crusade, it starts off in the Knight's Tomb! I wonder why we can't play as young Indy on the train?
That would be awesome!

The Tingler

Shortie said:
Maybe that's the secret level.

Good guess I think! I'm personally hoping for a Kingdom of the Crystal Skull secret level! Like how the first Lego Star Wars finished with an Episode IV level.

I think a 'Complete Adventures' package is the obvious choice for the next Lego Indy, with Indy IV included. I just hope they add a lot more to it than the Lego Star Wars Complete Saga did.

Indy Jones

The Tingler said:
Good guess I think! I'm personally hoping for a Kingdom of the Crystal Skull secret level! Like how the first Lego Star Wars finished with an Episode IV level.

I think a 'Complete Adventures' package is the obvious choice for the next Lego Indy, with Indy IV included. I just hope they add a lot more to it than the Lego Star Wars Complete Saga did.

I think to make it a "complete saga" game, it would be cool if they covered some Young Indy episodes or even levels of Expanded Universe stuff like the novels, comics or other video games!

Lego Infernal Machine? Bring it!

The Tingler

There are two options for TT Games - either Lego Indy II with Kingdom of the Crystal Skull and a mix of levels from various Indy sources (comics? Books? Games? Young Indy? Maybe!), or the much more likely Complete Adventures which just has the additional KOTCS section.