Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings

Superboydevlin

Rocket Surgeon said:
Can't get it straight away,so I'm jealous and will be waiting to hear your opinion!
What did the preorder cost?

The pre-order of my game costed about the same if you just went a store and bought it which would be $50.00.(y)

Superboydevlin

The Tingler said:
SCAN!!!

Please. :hat:

If anyone hasn't played it by the weekend, I'll have the proper Indiana Jones Fan opinion up on IndyJones.net by then for both the Wii and PSP versions.

And my mumblings and first impressions here, of course. :whip:

Nice to hear an unbiased opinion. :p

I would be more than happy to help!:whip:

Trennas

Game doesn't appear in Dutch stores until the 12th or so, so I have to bide my time for a bit.. Which might be a good thing seeing as I'm short on cash atm :p Nevertheless, I'm looking forward to it!

The Tingler

Those cheeky bastards. I don't know if any of you have signed up to LucasArts Insider, their e-mailing list, but they just sent me one telling me that Staff of Kings had just been released.

And, well, this was the picture they chose:

topstory.jpg

Gee, thanks for rubbing it in guys.

indyjones2131

Fella over at the official forums is playing it on PS2. Says the whip is cool. Music is cool. Graphics aren't better than ET. And there is no satchel - and I assume no story related reason for its absence.

SO...

Here is the contact page for A2M. I already sent a message asking why on earth they would exclude the satchel - such an important piece of Indy's iconic attire.

http://www.a2m.com/en/contact.aspx

Maybe if enough of us complain, they might at least explain, or maybe release a satchel patch...?

Irfaan

After talking to my [strike]contacts[/strike] top men, I am FINALLY getting Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings for PSP! I'm paying £60 to get it early, it can either be The biggest most fantastic purchase yet or it can be the biggest waste of money since all the things I bought for dreamcast.

And it's most likely the latter :(. I asked these top men of mine to do this years ago (for Xbox 360 or PSP) and they just phoned me saying they have it and that I have to pick it up (and pay the additional fees it took for them to get it out early from the gamestation boxes).

TBH, I wouldn't to it but since they have already done it for me, I guess I have no choice :(

Oh well... I could be suprised! It may actually be fantastic!

indyjones2131

Still no word on the game informer review?

Also where are ALL of the other reviews from the major game sites!? They reviewed Ghostbusters but not Indy!?

Poor Indy. Really getting treated poorly all around lately (canceled book, crappy movie, canceled 360/Ps3 game, etc)

Billy Ray

indyjones2131 said:
Can you post more details?

What is on the cover of that issue?

Max Payne 3 is on the cover of the new GameInformer. Not sure if it is out at newstands yet, he has a subscription. I would have scanned it but, unfortunately, I just packed up my scanner and put it in storage this past weekend.

When I get home, I can type up the article, it's not very long. The gist of it was that they said the puzzles were too easy, controls not all that good (which contradicts other reports), the flying/driving amounts to "seeing if you can fly/drive in a straight line" (which doesn't seem to be the case from the game play videos at all). They did say that the environments were very nicely done though.

I am not a huge gamer and don't follow reviews and gaming magazines all that much but, from what I have read of GameInformer, they seem like the unoffcial XBOX 360 magazine, and seem to be very biased towards that platform. They very seldom have anything good to say about any Wii games like I said and definitely don't give them the coverage that they do XBOX or PS3 games.

Needless to say, their review did not lower my excitement for the game in the least.

Irfaan

indyjones2131 said:
Still no word on the game informer review?

Also where are ALL of the other reviews from the major game sites!? They reviewed Ghostbusters but not Indy!?

Poor Indy. Really getting treated poorly all around lately (canceled book, crappy movie, canceled 360/Ps3 game, etc)

I hope by "crappy movie" you don't mean "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull"?

Neevrmind, opinions are opinions.

Going to go pick the game up, should get it soon.

Shall I upload the menus and first level, etc today?

Irfaan said:
Going to go pick the game up, should get it soon.

Shall I upload the menus and first level, etc today?

Are you kidding?

Does the Pope $#!t in the woods?
Does a bear wear a funny hat?

Of course you should!

Snakes

Picked up the game for the Wii this morning and played up to the gunfight on the cablecar. So far, the game has its highs and lows, the graphics are mixed, with some good textures here and there but mostly theyre pretty low quality. The animation isnt the best, but I'm pretty spoiled in that department (Uncharted did it). The Wii controls work very well though, being both responsive and really fun. So far the story isnt very fleshed out, but I think that might pick up later. The writing and voice work is pretty good, Indy sounds like Harrison Ford (although more like Han Solo than Indy), and the music is all John Williams goodness, which really adds a lot to the overall atmosphere and experience. (One minor gripe though, they used Mutt's theme in one spot which, for me, felt out of place) Although I'm not too far into the game, it seems good, but could be better. No explanation on the satchel though, I think they mustve forgot it...(n) Overall, its not that great a game, but for Indy fans, its probably worth a shot.

Irfaan

Just got it, and finish recording the first level, hurray! I'm going to start uploading (kinda difficult getting things up and running hardware wise for PSP recording).

Just know this, the first level is nothing special...at all. It doesn't last very long and Indy doesn't even look young lol! Oh well, it was certainly a treat to see the menu, music, etc...

Will post when it's up! It will be a clear video btw!

RaidersoftheArk

What a blunder if they forgot it,how could it pass Lucas Arts than,this shows how involved Lucas really is.(n) :rolleyes: (n) Not that i care about a bag but it is icon to Indiana Jones,is he now going to hide all the artifacts in his shirt..:sleep:

The Tingler

Wow, he actually used his gun at one point! And has a satchel! I wonder if he calls his enemies "Nazis" too?
And yes, that voice sounds spot-on!

The constant clicking got on my nerves quickly though. :)