Indiana Jones - Thunder in the Orient FanGame

Professor Jones

Has anybody noticed that a new Fangame project has recently born?

Indiana Jones Thunder in the Orient: http://highvoltagearts.webs.com/apps/blog/

Seems to be a sequel for KOTCS... among the characters there's Mutt as well.

By the way, I've just realized that in the "Fountain of Youth" Forum there's an updated list of the fangames that are on their way (or that are completely dead!)... interesting... you can check it here: http://www.miez.nl/yabbse/index.php?topic=1134.0

P.S. Maybe I should have started this thread in the Fanwork section...I was undecided... so please moderators feel free to move it! And sorry if I have mistaken.

The Tingler

No, this is certainly the right forum!

Interesting, but I think they've underestimated how long it actually takes to make a game... especially an Indy one. That screenshot doesn't inspire much confidence, either.

That list is good though, but Fountain of Youth is the one that has the most chance of being great... and released.

Professor Jones

I certainly agree that the TITO (Thunder in the Orient) Indy sprite isn't inspiring at all (so isn't the sprite of that background). Indy sprite seems just a cropped image from a KOTCS poster (and probably IT IS).

As for the other fangames, I wouldn't say that FOY is the more probable to be released: I count on Indiana Jones and the Crown of Solomon... Given the recent updates and news that can be found in their site, their work seems to be progressing.

The Tingler

Professor Jones said:
As for the other fangames, I wouldn't say that FOY is the more probable to be released: I count on Indiana Jones and the Crown of Solomon... Given the recent updates and news that can be found in their site, their work seems to be progressing.

I stand corrected! Didn't see those last few updates - the last time I checked it had gone very quiet there.

According to their website, it should be out within the next few months!

Professor Jones

The Tingler said:
According to their website, it should be out within the next few months!

I hope so! Have you played the demo? I've found it really incredible... it catches perfectly the spirit of old graphic adventures... In my opinion FOY demo pushed a little too far the pedal of humour (but they've done a great job anyway!).

Col. Detritch

Originally Posted by Professor Jones
I hope so! Have you played the demo? I've found it really incredible... it catches perfectly the spirit of old graphic adventures... In my opinion FOY demo pushed a little too far the pedal of humour (but they've done a great job anyway!).

I have played it and it is great! Such potential put to good use. As for with the FoY comment you made... I felt the same way! :gun: Though they have done a fantastic job and I with them all the best.

When I went on the forum I was supried to find Indiana Jones and the Secret of Pandora was cancled! I really wanted to see how that would pan out:hat: