what r u eating

RedeemedChild

Rocket Surgeon said:
The History Channel and The Golden Compass...hmmm. Tough sources to rebuke.

I guess intolerance is a fine basis to begin a new religion...that and to keep undesirables off the throne.

The Diet of the Holy Roman Empire, assembled at Speyer in April, 1529, resolved that, according to a decree promulgated at the Diet of Worms(1521), communities in which the new religion was so far established that it could not without great trouble be altered should be free to maintain it, but until the meeting of the council they should introduce no further innovations in religion, and should not forbid the Mass, or hinder Catholics from assisting thereat.

Against this decree, and especially against the last article, the adherents of the new Evangel ? the Elector Frederick of Saxony, the Landgrave of Hesse, the Margrave Albert of Brandenburg, the Dukes of Lüneburg, the Prince of Anhalt, together with the deputies of fourteen of the free and imperial cities ? entered a solemn protest as unjust and impious. The meaning of the protest was that the dissentients did not intend to tolerate Catholicism within their borders. On that account they were called Protestants.

In course of time the original connotation of "no toleration for Catholics" was lost sight of, and the term is now applied to, and accepted by, members of those Western Churches and sects which, in the sixteenth century, were set up by the Reformers in direct opposition to the Catholic Church. The same man may call himself Protestant or Reformed: the term Protestant lays more stress on antagonism to Rome; the term Reformed emphasizes adherence to any of the Reformers. Where religious indifference is prevalent, many will say they are Protestants, merely to signify that they are not Catholics. In some such vague, negative sense, the word stands in the new formula of the Declaration of Faith to be made by the King of England at his coronation; viz.: "I declare that I am a faithful Protestant". During the debates in Parliament it was observed that the proposed formula effectively debarred Catholics from the throne, whilst it committed the king to no particular creed, as no man knows what the creed of a faithful Protestant is or should be.

http://books.google.com/books?id=PS...sult&ct=result&resnum=10#v=onepage&q=&f=false

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False Religions/Roman Catholicism/satanism_in_the_vatican.htm

http://www.cephas-library.com/catholic_vatican_assassins_detail.html

Rocket Surgeon said:
I think wine fits this topic as well as a Capri Sun!

...and this has been as interesting as this thread has ever been, if not more!

(are we in danger of a shut down?)

I think I'll enjoy a nice Sterling Cabernet, it's 5 O'Clock somewhere...
You've got humer and your being difficult. If you really want the truth go search the word wine press and tell me what you read.

IndyWolf15 said:
You've got humer and your being defacult. If you really want the truth go search the wine press and tell what read.

Hmmmmm, no offense but it's difficult to take advice when...ah forget it.

RedeemedChild

sarah navarro said:
because I have bad joints and bones and I'm trying these pills to see if they work. And I'm only 18 it sucks.

Well I noticed when I was quite a young chap (i.e. 5 or 6) that the well formed, delicate packages called females are quite frail and must be handled with care, hence Mario and Luigi are always in the business of looking after the fine rose that Princess Peach is.

6a00d83452033569e2011570578af5970b-800wi

princess_rosetta_by_ichigokitty.jpg

sarah navarro said:
because I have bad joints and bones and I'm trying these pills to see if they work. And I'm only 18 it sucks.
Thats terrible Sarah, I'm going to look at some books my parents have and see if there is anything that will help your bones and joints, ok Sarah?

OH MY GOODNESS RC I THINK I'M GOING TO FAINT.:eek: :sick: :dead:

sarah navarro

RedeemedChild said:
Well I noticed when I was quite a young chap (i.e. 5 or 6) that the well formed, delicate packages called females are quite frail and must be handled with care, hence Mario and Luigi are always in the business of looking after the fine rose that Princess Peach is.

6a00d83452033569e2011570578af5970b-800wi

princess_rosetta_by_ichigokitty.jpg
Haha I had to read that twice. :p Well at least were not talking about the previous subject anymore which half of the poeple in th convo don't know what they're talking about XD

sarah navarro

IndyWolf15 said:
Thats terrible Sarah, I'm going to look at some books my parents have and see if there is anything that will help your bones and joints, ok Sarah?

OH MY GOODNESS RC I THINK I'M GOING TO FAINT.:eek: :sick: :dead:
Well thanks a lot ! :)

sarah navarro said:
Haha I had to read that twice. :p Well at least were not talking about the previous subject anymore which half of the poeple in th convo don't know what they're talking about XD
Its great to have humor, isn't guys?

Your welcome Sarah.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Rocket Surgeon said:
(are we in danger of a shut down?)

Insofar as the discussion of wine goes? No, there's no danger of a shutdown for that. And I quite agree that this topic became interesting for the first time with the onset of this topic.

But then you get people going off the deep end, calling the Catholic Church Satanist, as though the programming breaks on the D-Day Channel and Pullman's armored bears are somehow intended as a valid condemnation of the largest global denomination of Christianity there is. (I'm not the sort to be swayed by numbers, but since apparently that's how you can judge the quality of films, it can probably be used to judge religions as well.)

At any rate, the sort of interpretations being bandied about are the sort that make a really great case for Catholicism, because Catholicism actually has standards embedded within a tradition of interpretation, rather than the absolutist individualism suggested by most of the Protestant sects.

The most important thing to remember in discussions of religion, I think, is that interpretation is a necessity, that you cannot divine any sort of absolute meaning from Biblical texts because there is such a remove between us today and the Word, if it is indeed even taken to be received from God. Which is to say: before we start throwing the word "heresy" around, take a step back. Consider how solid the ground you stand on is. And, perhaps, remember John 8:7. Don't bother to look it up: it's the bit about sinners and stones.

sarah navarro said:
So now I'm eating and I'm gonna post what I am eating on the "what r u eating thread" ;)
I'm eating left over pizza isn't that great?
Yea that's great Sarah i love pizza myself ;). I haven't eaten yet I'm waiting for my dad to come from work in Alabama and my mom to come home from work in downtown Atlanta so we CAN EAT :D.

Don't forget to pray before you start eating Agent Crab ;).

The Drifter

IndyWolf15 said:
Yea that's great Sarah i love pizza myself ;). I haven't eaten yet I'm waiting for my dad to come from work in Alabama and my mom to come home from work in downtown Atlanta so we CAN EAT :D.

What part of Alabama does your dad work at?
My wife is originally from there, and I lived there awhile also.

Agent Crab

Enough with the relgion. Which it should be kept private, not rubbed in someone's face.

Movin' on.

What's fer dinner?

Agent Crab said:
Enough with the relgion. Which it should be kept private, not rubbed in someone's face.

Movin' on.

What's fer dinner?
I don't know whats for dinner what would you like my dear friend?