General Indy 5 Thread - rumors and possibilities

Honestly...will there be another Indy film in the next decade?

• Total voters

RaidersoftheArk

I agree, i would really like to see a afwull villian,maybe even killing some one in the Indy Serie or something,because Irina was not as rough as the other villians,she had more a charm and only waved with her sword making threats..

Texas

Indy 5 needs a good gunfight!

I want to see Indiana Jones fire his legendary pistol in Indiana Jones 5. Spielberg and Lucas went too PC by not showing Indy firing off his legendary revolver. I want to see our hero get in an intense gunfight like seen in the Raiders gunfight in Nepal. That was one of the biggest things lacking with Crystal Skull, the lack of Indy using his pistol to ward off enemies.

Indy's brother

RaidersoftheArk said:
I agree, i would really like to see a afwull villian,maybe even killing some one in the Indy Serie or something,because Irina was not as rough as the other villians,she had more a charm and only waved with her sword making threats..

Yeah, I think the only person she actually waxed was a russian soldier holding on to the back of a duck. Belloq didn't kill anyone either, but his sleezy indifference kind of made up for it somehow.

James

Indy's brother said:
Belloq didn't kill anyone either, but his sleezy indifference kind of made up for it somehow.

The main difference this time around is that the "champagne" villain (as Spielberg calls them) had a more central role. We hadn't really seen this happen since ROTLA. (And in that case, Belloq was complemented by two traditional heavies, Dietrich and Toht.)

FordFan

IF they make an Indy 5, which I don't think they will...Spielberg being the most reluctant...I hope they keep the '60s world events out of it. The filmmakers keep talking about what's possible about bringing Indiana Jones into the 60s. Obviously, it will probably take place then, but I hope it isn't such an integral part to what the movie is. Temple of Doom could have taken place at any time, the Thuggee Cult wasn't as exclusive as the Nazis.

I'm not saying it shouldn't take place in the 60s, I'm saying that if Indiana Jones interacts with President Kennedy, they may as well give him a Dr. Pepper and rename him Forrest Gump.

Ray Hare

Beginnings of my story

How's this for starters?....just for fun! 'Indy and Zhou are on the stone stairs. Indy -"Don't touch anything. Gimme the torch." Indy turns Zhou around and takes a torch from his backpack. They begin to slowly descend into the dark abyss. A loud Click breaks the silence. Indy-"Did you touch anything?" Zhou - "Well no, just maybe, YYEESSS!" The stairs flatten and become a slide rocketing Indy and Zhou down. The flashlight beam swings wildly. Indy sees a ledge briefly illuminated by the light. He jumps, just regaining his balance. Turns. Crack!Indy's whip catches Zhou wrapping itself around his wrist.Indy pulls him up. The torch reveals massive spikes at the bottom of the stairs/slide. Indy - "I said dont' touch anything!" Zhou nods approval............What do you think happens next? Do you care?? ha ha ha ;)

caats

i think spielberg forgot how much fun it was, and then had a buttload of fun making this. so he'd be open to one more

TheMutt92

Thought of an interesting way to include Marion in Indy V without her tagging along, but possibly giving her a meaningful role (without other characters getting in the way).

So following the opening sequence, Indy is back home and teaching at Marshall (or whatever an associate dean does). At this point, Mutt is nowhere to been seen (either off at school, in the army, etc.). So like LC, the beginning is a little slow, w/ Indy and Marion being invited to a dinner of some sort hosted by friends/colleagues of the Jones'. At the party, we get our first taste of the macguffin as Indy talks w/ his colleague.

Late after the party ends, Marion and Indy are still talking, but at last decide to leave. As they are leaving, the film's villains (commies, other gov. agents, mercenaries) strike at the Jones' colleague friend (because of the macguffin). This leads to some sort of small action sequence (like the motorcycle chase in KOTCS, or the bar fight in ROTLA).

After this, Indy and Marion (and the colleague friend if he still be alive) begin attempting to figure out clues on the villain, how they're friend is related, and then the macguffin. After this, Indy (and possibly his colleague) head off on the adventure, leaving Marion behind (cause I mean, she dosn't really need to follow him).

So that was my bright idea. I'm writing this after a spur of the moment. I just thought it was good cause, hey, Marion is involved in an action scene, helps w/ riddles, and then probably appears at the end w/ no one else trying to take away her screen time.

UltimateManGod

Now, I don't know if this has been said, but if there was a 5th, Indy should go to Australia. It makes perfect sense. It's the only inhabited continent Indy hasn't been to during the big movie story lines, and it would mean all the odd numbered movies feature desert locations as main locations, and the even numbered ones feature jungles. I don't know of any myths, legends, etc. that Indy could go for there, but I'm sure some of our resident Australians could give a hand.

IndyFan89

UltimateManGod said:
Now, I don't know if this has been said, but if there was a 5th, Indy should go to Australia. It makes perfect sense. It's the only inhabited continent Indy hasn't been to during the big movie story lines, and it would mean all the odd numbered movies feature desert locations as main locations, and the even numbered ones feature jungles. I don't know of any myths, legends, etc. that Indy could go for there, but I'm sure some of our resident Australians could give a hand.

I agree about the odd and even theory, that would mean all the odd Indy's are better than the evens LOL! :gun:

nitzsche

You gotta lose Indy in the Bermuda Triangle now that it has been established in the series that there is travel between dimensions. You could connect the Bermuda Triangle to Atlantis somehow.

They need to bring more of the occult and magic into the series like they did with Temple of Doom.

You also have to get Indy out of the jungle and desert and up into the mountains or out on the ice somewhere.

IndyFan89

DoomsdayFAN said:
More Whip
More Booby traps
Better climax
WAYYYYY better score
Return of the Ark as a Co-Maguffin :rolleyes:

are what Indy 5 needs.

Don't forget Shorty or Sallah as a side kick.

To many side kicks suck, why did they have to add new side kicks in KOCS when they had a handful of old ones to pick from.

Who the hell is Mac?! :confused:

EddyW

I thought Mac had some things going for him, but his character, in the end, was just poorly written and in this appearances didn't add much to the story. But would you really want to see an Indiana Jones that's just a mash-up of thing you know from older Indy films? Where's the adventure in teaming up with guys you already know, to go searching for something you already know? I thought the "in your face" references in KOTCS to the older films was one of the weaker parts of the film, it made the lack of a real Indy feeling extra obvious to me. "We couldn't come up with new, cool stuff, so here is some stuff that will compensate for that. Remember the ark? Tadaaah!"...