The Indy Cast

lairdo

Stoo said:
It would've been interesting to hear about Laird meeting up with Pat.

Yeah, sorry to not give details on that. Also, Mitch was on Ed and me for not recording something when we met up in Melbourne in August.

Pat and I got a chance to meet very briefly at Penn Station before I boarding a train to Albany last May. Pat's brother came along too, so I got to meet another Indy fan. We shared a drink at a bar in the station and talked movies and trivia. It felt like old friends catching up - certainly newsworthy for Pat and myself but probably not for anyone else.

Still, it's rare for IndyCast people to meet up given being spread across Connecticut, New Jersey, Ohio, California, Manitoba, Michigan (I think Kyle is from Michigan) and Australia plus other places for the majority of listeners. We're hoping for sure to meet up if Ed makes it to the States in 2011, and I am also hoping some of us can get to Montreal for the Indy exhibit opening. Mitch is coming to California in February, so we'll meet then if not sooner.

Thanks everyone for the comments and feedback.

Laird

lairdo said:
...Mitch was on Ed and me for not recording something when we met up in Melbourne in August.
First meetings may not be the time, but it would be interesting to hear a few insights/revelations. How tall IS Ed?;)

lairdo said:
Pat and I got a chance to meet very briefly at Penn Station before I boarding a train to Albany last May. Pat's brother came along too, so I got to meet another Indy fan. We shared a drink at a bar in the station and talked movies and trivia. It felt like old friends catching up - certainly newsworthy for Pat and myself but probably not for anyone else.
Was it May? I thought it was July...a brisk 14 block crosstown walk in the sweltering heat leaves an impression. But it was great fun to meet and believe it or not get a few words in edgewise. Not from Laird, my brother! Once automation/security was mentioned he was a juggernaut.

We met at Tracks Raw Bar & Grill in Penn Station, on the LIRR side. Laird was as personable and friendly as you might imagine. We even breifly touched on politics/philanthropy. Time was pressing as we met between connections but an opportunity not to be missed. I can only imagine everyone at a real roundtable, (at a nice pub of course!).

Laird had just picked up his custom whip and I gave him the trivia question early...(Mutt's political leanings). You can find out for yourself if it helped at all...

lairdo said:
Still, it's rare for IndyCast people to meet up given being spread across Connecticut, New Jersey, Ohio, California, Manitoba, Michigan (I think Kyle is from Michigan) and Australia plus other places for the majority of listeners. We're hoping for sure to meet up if Ed makes it to the States in 2011, and I am also hoping some of us can get to Montreal for the Indy exhibit opening. Mitch is coming to California in February, so we'll meet then if not sooner.
Mitch was very nice to come out on an early Sunday morning to walk the Yale campus with the family unit. We even broke into Indy's classroom "set" to take pics. I would have made it to Keith's wedding but my 75 year old Mother had triple bypass surgery that week. It was a great break when Keith drove about an hour to hang out and brought some monkey brains with him! They were delicious!(y)

I may be catching up with Joe too, time, (and work) will tell.

Now, Atilla (you're east coast right?) ...where was it you enjoy cigars and libations?

Cheers!

Saber79

I love tracks, I used to hang out there all the time, only an hour away from my house, who knows I was probably there during the meet and missed it :mad: :D

Saber79 said:
I love tracks, I used to hang out there all the time, only an hour away from my house, who knows I was probably there during the meet and missed it :mad: :D
The Irish bartenders are pretty funny...we were there shortly after France eliminated Ireland from the World Cup by "The Hand of God."

I asked Kate how about the French? ...and she screamed FU.. the french! She gasped and covered her mouth and we all chuckled. Love the old style tokens they give for free drinks...(y)

Saber79

haha classic...Kate definitely throws out some good ones here and there...and I kept a few of the tokens, just because they are awesome.

indycast

IndyCast Episode 118 is here! We talk collectibles with throwmetheidol.com's Les David, announce the winners of our diorama contest, Rob looks at your favourite Spielberg films and Pat makes a welcome return with Indy trivia!

You can listen to the episode here!

Montana Smith

indycast said:
IndyCast Episode 118 is here! We talk collectibles with throwmetheidol.com's Les David, announce the winners of our diorama contest, Rob looks at your favourite Spielberg films and Pat makes a welcome return with Indy trivia!

You can listen to the episode here!

On air Shark Attack!

Sooooo funny!

:D

Stoo

My review of IndyCast Episode #118 = "Really good."

@Ed & Les: BEST interview with Les David of the Ravenwood Museum, to date! Too much to comment on so I'll just leave it a that. Have a listen, folks...

@Rob: "Hook" was voted one of the most favourite Spielberg films outside of Indiana Jones? "HOOK"??? Jesus H. Cripes...What is wrong with people?:confused:

The Sharkey Opinon segment was freaking HYSTERICAL and his comments were spot-on! "I'm here in the balcony with my bag of stones..." & "Piggy stepped on more lines than Rip Torn at a DUI stop." are comedy at it's best. I loved your "Jaws" intro, Rob, as it was very fitting. Looking forward to more audio from Sharkey the Snarkey...

@Pat: Tough question this time around but thanks for airing my 'fan challenge'. Although I did correctly answer the Lacrosse & Patriots questions here at The Raven, I'm guessing those answers didn't count in the long run (...and that's O.K. with me).:cool:

Advice: the background music during Pedro's portion was much too loud!:whip:

Stoo said:
@Rob: "Hook" was voted one of the most favourite Spielberg films outside of Indiana Jones? "HOOK"??? Jesus H. Cripes...What is wrong with people?:confused:

The Sharkey Opinon segment was freaking HYSTERICAL and his comments were spot-on! "I'm here in the balcony with my bag of stones..." & "Piggy stepped on more lines than Rip Torn at a DUI stop." are comedy at it's best. I loved your "Jaws" intro, Rob, as it was very fitting. Looking forward to more audio from Sharkey the Snarkey...

Thanks for the comments, Stoo. I'm probably not the best person to ask about Hook since I have a big soft spot for it. I loved it when it came out so it just is too nostalgic for me to dislike it now. That being said, I recognize it's flaws and can't imagine voting for it ahead of most of the other titles on the list. But that's what makes these polls interesting!

DoomTown

Stoo said:
My review of IndyCast Episode #118 = "Really good."

@Pat: Tough question this time around but thanks for airing my 'fan challenge'. Although I did correctly answer the Lacrosse & Patriots questions here at The Raven, I'm guessing those answers didn't count in the long run (...and that's O.K. with me).:cool:

Agreed, Stoo, a great episode. Was really nice having the trivia back! Speaking of which, your fan challenge looks to be a bit of a toughy...Looking forward to tackling that one. Am I the only Trivia Brother that has ALL of the "Young Indy" episodes?

Have to admit, my jaw hit the floor when I heard that familiar shark theme...did NOT expect that one...

Stoo said:
It's a really good question. Chris A from the UK is next up, ( didn't forget about you!). Montana nailed the cat one too, and I was going to read it out, (yours too) but I had so much going on, when it came to it I forgot! Usually I post them here afterwards...usually.
Stoo said:
Advice: the background music during Pedro's portion was much too loud!:whip:
Ugh! I know, sorry Pedro! Funny, Mitch wrote me the exact same thing in an email...
harvey7297 said:
Trivia dearth finally over. WHEW! :D Welcome back, bro! (y)
Thanks, your question made me laugh! Can't wait to see if anyone can figure it out! Now on to the next one!
DoomTown said:
Agreed, Stoo, a great episode. Was really nice having the trivia back! Speaking of which, your fan challenge looks to be a bit of a toughy...Looking forward to tackling that one. Am I the only Trivia Brother that has ALL of the "Young Indy" episodes?

Have to admit, my jaw hit the floor when I heard that familiar shark theme...did NOT expect that one...
Me too! Is it my imagination or does he sound like someone we know?:confused:

DoomTown

BTW Pat, Since it was SOOO long since the last trivia segment, you may have forgotten to announce the winner of the "Making of Temple Of Doom" DVD's...Perhaps next segment??? ;)

indyclone25

great show and lots of nice info from les, but he said he uploaded the comics from the indiana jones magazine from th u.k , where can i find that in the raven forums ?

indyclone25 said:
great show and lots of nice info from les, but he said he uploaded the comics from the indiana jones magazine from th u.k , where can i find that in the raven forums ?
Lost Treasures UK magazine I think...

Saber79

A little off topic, but I just wanted to spread the word to my fellow raveners that my wife and I welcomed a beautiful baby boy today (Dec 15). James Robert and his mommy are both doing well.

Now we can really share many adventures!! :whip: :whip:

Picts are up on my facebook page...when he comes home from the hospital, I'll have to dress him appropriately in a tiny fedora!