Chase sequence for Indy 5

Gobi-1

I would love to see dog sleds, snowmobiles, and a giant snow plow involved in an action scene.

The villains have a snow plow and Indy needs to get to it to save something/somebody but first he has to make he way through the convoy. He would first use the dogsled, then he would get a hold of a snowmobile and finally he would fight a villain along the snow plow itself. Indy punches the villain into the snow plow and red snow is spewed forth.

Last edited:

Echo22

Cable car. Was done in Bond's Moonraker - but could be so much better now.
Or a Hovercraft would be cool.

Either way, I definitely want to see a helicopter. Never been in an Indy movie - now that we're in the late 50's, that's sort of a no-brainer.

Dr.RosenRosen

Don´t need another Chase Sequence

Hello Raveners,

personally, i don´t want to see another Chase Sequence in IJ5. I mean, it has been done in every Indy Movie and even if it´s a tradition, it gets boring.

I like to see Dr.Jones solving puzzles and i want a truckload of boobytraps, but no big chase sequence after all. :dead:

Best Wishes,
Dr.Rosen Rosen

NickTurner

No red snow. Bond did that already.

I think a chase could be anything - it really just depends how it's filmed. For example, how about a chase on bicycles? If it were in China it would make sense - lots of bikes there. Indy could be pedaling frantically down the street avoiding people. dogs, carts etc. and then the whole Red Army on bikes comes over the horizon (like the Hovitos maybe?)...

Any chase they do HAS to fit in with the story. Skull's rushing about in the jungle felt more like a gratuitous "gotta have a chase scene" than something integral to the story. The Raider's chase worked so well in part because of the improvised desperate die-hard nature of it. TOD mine cart scene was born of desperation too, as was the "how the he** do I stop a tank". I DID like it when Indy grabbed the RPG though!:gun:

JP Jones

Here's my other idea for a chase. We're in Africa and it has planes and nice 50s cars. There could be some scenes like in LC where the plane is chasing the car, but the majority of it could be Indy and CO. jumping from car to plane, winding about in the savannah shooting at each other. Just gives me goosebumps thinking about it.:D

nitzsche

I got it! This would be awesome and allow for some comedy...

Bicycles.

Picture it...

Pick a crowded pedestrian area in Asia or Eastern Europe and there is no room for vehicles so the chase is bicycles.

emtiem

Yes to cable cars (think more Where Eagles Dare than Moonraker); helicopters (probably From Russia With Love-style!)... how about a big old hovercraft? The dates might be a bit out on that but it could be a fun thing to see. Indy would of course need to be run over by it at some point only to appear completely unharmed at the other end!
I like the idea of the logging action scene- I'd want to see some hopping-from-log-to-log across a river action!
One thing I'd like to see Indy face off against is an act of God: no not an Ark-style-one: a normal one. How about Indy having to fight baddies off in the middle of a hurricane? Maybe outrun a volcano eruption?

If we were back in the 30's I'd like to see a bit of a runaround around a Hollywood studio lot: have him have to recover an artefact from a movie set that's about to be burnt down, get chased by gangsters (who of course own the studio) through the sets of lots of films, with plenty of opportunity for gags (I'd like to see Indy do the old Buster Keaton have-the-building-facade-fall-around-him stunt), end it up the WB-style water tower and then whip-slide the hell outta there as it all falls down! :D

Insomniac

ZVE3521.jpeg
Try the Katyusha rocket launcher
Picture The Russians just collected the artifact from Indy in a Temple with a labyrinth but Indy is left for dead tied up next to his sidekick and the Russian decide to destroyed to seal Indy and his ally in for eternity so they load up a Kotyusha Rocket Transport and blow up the tomb and the the site of the face of the earth but thru all this madness Indy and his friend knock out a few Russian soldiers leading them to the center of the labyrinth as they are being led into the entrance to the labyrinth he knocks out the guards and rushes to the exit as the 8 each men are loading rockets into the 2 transports and grabs the first horse with in sight and rides of with two transport fully loaded transports firing behind him eventually they hit his horse he leaps of onto another nearing enemy transport and indy originality ensues.

Sidekick marion or Indy girl maybe Sallah

AnnieJones

Wow! Everyone here has some really good ideas!(y)
I personally was thinking of something along the lines of a fight scene in a cave,behind a waterfall.But that's only one of my ideas.

Nurhachi1991

Ok Mutts sitting in the diner and Biff Tannen walks in

Biff: Hey Williams I thought I told you never to come in here..... well this time its going to cost you.

Mutt: Well I'am here you got a problem with that?

Biff: As a matter of fact Butthead I do!

Mutt: Well Biff...... WHAT THE HELL IS THAT!?!?!

Biff: What?

Mutt punches Biff in the face and makes a dash for it and hops on his motorcycle. Biff and his gang jump into his car to chase down Mutt after Mutt makes and impossiblsly sharp turn Biff and gang try to steer out of the way and see none other than a manuere truck

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

They crash and get covered in manuere which Biff really hates by now

DocWhiskey

^ Hahaha. I DO want to see that.

Indy: I don't think they came here for the milkshakes.

Mutt: Gimme a milk. Chocolate.

Sakis

TR.N Staff Member
Although I must admit that I'd like to see Indy again on horseback it should be only for the opening sequence, otherwise Spielberg and Lucas would just repeate himselves. But how about a chase scene with these things?

2096405019_a93a3f07a9_o.jpg

2096405145_f2fa044a58_o.jpg
63-601-243ci4sd.jpg

BassettSkiDoo66.jpg

Insomniac

Awesome I like the first photo the best!
It has quite a bit of potential.
It totally reminds me of the thirty something chases in the bond series all with weird and obscure vehicles!

Col. Detritch

Insomniac, love the Katyusha rocket launcher. It has potential to be quite a large threat to Indy. Perhaps Indy is on horseback riding after the truck. The central villain is aggravated by his persistence and climbs onto the back, rotates the rocket launcher and fires them at Indy. Now Indy must dodge rockets and get to where he needs to go- something on a truck be it a person or an artifact...!(y)

What I have also wanted to see is the artifact Indy is racing for used against him in the chase. So the scene would have to like Raiders- after the artifact is found. The artifact would also have to be something like the staff of Moses from SoK and not something like the ark! So once again we could have Indy on horseback and the villain leans out of his window back at Indy. He hopes out and climbs across the canvas of the truck and into the back and pulls out the staff (example only). The villain fires a blast if energy, lighting or something at Indy to no luck. Then he creates a fire tornado and it heads at Indy (It?s in the bible story somewhere). Indy manages to pervade so his soldier?s fire and the villain continues to use the staff. The villain uses the staff to split the sand from under Indy?s horse?s feet. The horse slips as the sand rushes up into two columns either side. Indy knows he won?t survive and jumps aboard the truck and tries to take the staff off the villain in a brutal struggle. The sand collapse back to the ground and the horse is seen barley escaping. Meanwhile the soldiers are being blasted by the staff and disintegrate around the fight. They staff blows the driver away. The fight continues on the out of control truck! :)

Well that?s what comes to mind for now anyway!:hat:

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
A modern sawmill chase scene.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/PWcc2hCwsWM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DoomsdayFAN

Whatever it is, I hope it's something that can be done with a minimum amount of CGI. Shoot it practically, the same at the OT films did.

Btw, I hope whatever the new major chase sequence is is as batsh*t crazy as the mine cart sequence in ToD, and hopefully they shoot it practically. If it's done with CGI, it wont be nearly as impressive.