Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize

monkey

I am very proud of my President on his winning the Nobel Peace Prize.

I think he is very deserving.

In the very short time he has been in office, he has done so much to promote world peace, restore America's Honor, and erase the horrible stain that the bush administration left behind.

There is much more to be done, but I am proud of my President, and I congratulate him on this honor.

As I have said before, in many different ways....despite whatever faults he may have, President Obama is the antidote to the poison that george w. bush has sewn throughout the world.

monkey said:
I think he is very deserving. In the very short time he has been in office, he has done so much to promote world peace...
What has he done? No kidding. I understand he's donating his million dollars, I didn't hear to whom, and I applaud that! But what exactly has he DONE?

monkey

Rocket Surgeon said:
What has he done? No kidding. I understand he's donating his million dollars, I didn't hear to whom, and I applaud that! But what exactly has he DONE?

He has had a PROFOUND impact on the Islamic World!

His speech to Muslims had a profound impact on the Muslim World.

This has, and will, relate DIRECTLY to LESS American causalties.

This may not impact YOU, but it directly impacts ME!!!

I can not see how anyone can not see how President Obama has not had a profound and immediate impact on our world.

Perhaps you have blinders on.

Perhaps you choose to NOT see.

Don't know what else I can say.

monkey said:
How

monkey said:
Examples please

monkey said:
This has, and will, relate DIRECTLY to LESS American causalties.
To my knowlege he disagrees with Gen McCrystal who has dramatically changed the American Strategy. Once again...HOW?

monkey said:
This may not impact YOU, but it directly impacts ME!!!
I don't see how this comment has ANY bearing on my simple question. Please DON'T explain...please tell me what Obama has DONE. Please.

monkey said:
I can not see how anyone can not see how President Obama has not had a profound and immediate impact on our world.
Great, you can't see it...now explain WHAT he's done. TALK?

monkey said:
Perhaps you have blinders on.
PLEASE HELP ME. TAKE THE BLINDERS OFF, TELL ME WHAT OBAMA HAS DONE.

monkey said:
Perhaps you choose to NOT see.
Perhaps? PERHAPS? Is english your first language? I BESEECH YOU, don't make fun of me! PLEASE! Help me! Tell me what the hell you're talking about! What has he DONE?

monkey said:
Don't know what else I can say.
REALLY?!? YOU DON'T?

I'll tell you what, instead of writing this volume of crap, why not make it easy on yourself and simply answer the question. For Fcks Sake MAN!

What has he done?

Robyn

Rocket Surgeon said:
How

Examples please

To my knowlege he disagrees with Gen McCrystal who has dramatically changed the American Strategy. Once again...HOW?

I don't see how this comment has ANY bearing on my simple question. Please DON'T explain...please tell me what Obama has DONE. Please.

Great, you can't see it...now explain WHAT he's done. TALK?

PLEASE HELP ME. TAKE THE BLINDERS OFF, TELL ME WHAT OBAMA HAS DONE.

Perhaps? PERHAPS? Is english your first language? I BESEECH YOU, don't make fun of me! PLEASE! Help me! Tell me what the hell you're talking about! What has he DONE?

REALLY?!? YOU DON'T?

I'll tell you what, instead of writing this volume of crap, why not make it easy on yourself and simply answer the question. For Fcks Sake MAN!

What has he done?

Yes, I'd like hear the answer to this as well.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Robyn said:
Yes, I'd like hear the answer to this as well.

Indeed, I voted for the guy, but this award is a bit of a joke, <I>at this point in time</I>...give it a few years, sure, but right now? With him being nominated less than two weeks after having taken office? If the reason cited was something about easing racial tensions in his home country and allowing for a national conversation about race - well, that wouldn't be quite true either, but it is closer to the realm of what has happened.

He won it, by the way, for "his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples." The Nobel committee seems to have directly cited his work to outreach to the Muslim world and to curb nuclear proliferation. He also noted that he has created "a new climate in international politics."

This article in Time cites reasons that for Obama's own sake, this award is not the best thing, and how it might not encourage sound policies. (For what it's worth, the President certainly has handled this thing graciously, and with just the right touch of surprise.)

Forbidden Eye

This award is so dumb and stupid, the Oscar is probably more relevant.

This man has done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. Keep in mind, people nominated him back in January, so what accomplishments has he done then besides be the first black president? People have got to destroy this Messiah image. I thought this award couldn't get any lower when Gore won it, I was wrong.

He should've done what Ving Rhames did:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Tk3EgDPZD0w&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Tk3EgDPZD0w&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Gear

Ron White said:
Ha, ha-what?

If Obama was a white man, would you, monkey, still be so proud of him? Would he have still won this Peace Prize? Would he be our president?

If McCain had been a black man, would he be our president? Would you be proud of him, monkey? (after all, he did endure torture for his country as a POW in the Vietnam War) Would he have won this Peace Prize?

By the way, how's Obama coming along on providing proof that he was born in the U.S.?

monkey

Rocket Surgeon said:

Can you be just a bit more hostile?

And no, English is not my first language.

Robyn

Gear said:
If Obama was a white man, would you, monkey, still be so proud of him? Would he have still won this Peace Prize? Would he be our president?

If McCain had been a black man, would he be our president? Would you be proud of him, monkey? (after all, he did endure torture for his country as a POW in the Vietnam War) Would he have won this Peace Prize?

By the way, how's Obama coming along on providing proof that he was born in the U.S.?

Interesting points..

monkey said:
Can you be just a bit more hostile? And no, English is not my first language.
Asking if english is a second language is hardly hostile when you respond with the better part of a hundred words and you won't or CAN'T answer the simple question: What has he done?

The way I see it, I asked you very nicely to explain what it is you were posting about. I even gave an example of how I like the way he's donating his award money. You write he's VERY deserving, and go on to lash out at me with some crack about blinders.

And Yes I can be a WHOLE lot more hostle...hell, I was being nice.

(and yes I understand your sarcasm)

Here's something on the light side, but apropo:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YT5Kl38fSVY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YT5Kl38fSVY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

DocWhiskey

Rocket Surgeon said:

He's not Bush.

Which is now enough for a President to receive the Nobel Peace Prize.

Finn

Staff member
DocWhiskey said:
He's not Bush.

Which is now enough for a President to receive the Nobel Peace Prize.
QFT.

The sad thing is that this doesn't tell as much of President Obama, but of the state the world is in.

And oh, while I'm quite neutral towards this nod (don't love it, don't hate it either) may I remind the first rule of every critic... when you think a wrong guy got it, don't say just that... also say who should have got it instead.

I mean, he may have been a bad call, but was there any better in the contention this year?

Jonesy9906753

Gear said:

I believe politics in general are B.S,but damn dude
hawaii811090361V3_b.jpg

Obama%20birth%20certificate.jpg

get those eyes checked compadre​

monkey

Rocket Surgeon said:
The way I see it, I asked you very nicely to explain what it is you were posting about. I even gave an example of how I like the way he's donating his award money. You write he's VERY deserving, and go on to lash out at me with some crack about blinders.

And Yes I can be a WHOLE lot more hostle...hell, I was being nice.

Thanks for being nice Rocket.

Didn't mean for my post to sound like lashing out at you. Sorry if it came off like that. My 'blinders' remark wasn't meant to be a 'crack'. What I meant was that there are some people who will see no good in anything President Obama does, no matter what.

You don't seem to be that kind of person.

Anyway,

What has President Obama done?

I've said before that one of the greatest things he has done is to NOT be george w. bush. That may sound disingenuous and sacrcastic, but there is quite a bit of truth to it.

But to list his most important accomplishments thus far:

He is in the process of ENDING the Iraq War. In fact for all intents and purposes it is ended. What remains is the pullout, which will take some time. American casualties have gone down dramatically. This I would list as his greatest achievement thus far.

Yes, yes, yes....I KNOW.....there's a war in Afghanistan. As I've said before, ....one thing at a time. I believe that unlike his predecessor in the White House, President Obama will ensure that a sound strategy is employed in Afghanistan. the bush strategy of 'War without End' has failed utterly. I am hopeful of much improvement in the situation in Afghanistan in the future.

President Obama is restoring America's honor in the world. Polls indicate a dramatic turnaround of the world's view of, and respect for America and Americans since President Obama took office. Under the bush nightmare the world's opinion of America sunk to the lowest levels possible.

President Obama has reached out to the Arab and Muslim world. Dialogue, Diplomacy, Respect........things noticeably absent during the bush administration, have been restored.

He has renounced Torture!

As an American I am ashamed that torture ever had to be 'renounced', but thanks to bush, cheney and the other War Criminals, it became necessary to renounce it. President Obama has done so. That's a huge step forward.

george w. bush created Terrorists with his stupid and hateful policies. President Obama's thoughtful and sound policies in this regard will help make it less likely that young Arabs and Muslims will choose Terrorism. That is the REAL way to fight Terrorism. Stop it before it starts.

I think those are some very great achievements by my President in his short term in office thus far.

Now, on to the racial thing. Some others here (not you Rocket) seemed to think that President Obama's race had something to do with MY opinion of him and his achievements.

Actually no. Not only no, but not even remotely.

To those who asked me those questions, I would ask you if President Obama's racial makeup affects YOUR opinion of him?

And to those who sink to the level of asking about the President of the United States proving his citizenship..........well, that doesn't even deserve an answer.

Stoo

monkey said:

The 2nd line of your post is a repetition of the 1st.:rolleyes: How do you know that he has made a "profound impact on the Muslim World"? Because you say so? As Rocket asked, please provide some examples.

I was in Cairo when Obama made his speech and while there was definitely a buzz in the air, I couldn't tell you whether the people were pleased with it or not. The following photo was taken during lunch at a restaurant in a suburb (Heliolopolis) of Cairo because several parts of the downtown area were closed-off for his appearance. (Although, we did see Air Force One flying over flanked by Egyptian heliocopters!(y) Eyewitness to history in the making.)

2009June04_CairoObama.jpg

Next day, I literally walked in Obama's footsteps when visiting the pyramids at Giza less than 24 hours after he'd been there. Dr. Zahi Hawass personally took him inside so "I stepped where he stepped".

Commander-in-Chief Obama and Dr. Zahi Hawass at Giza:

obama-giza2.jpg

6a00d8341cc90353ef011570bf9e63970b-pi

Gear said:
If..If..If..For the sake of argument, Obama is half-caste. He is as much white as he is black.

What *wasn't* reported was that Hawass even allowed Obama to carve "BARACK was HERE" on the ass of the Sphinx. Here's a photo I took but you can't see it because the other side was closed to tourists. It can be seen with binoculars from another vantage point. There was also local talk that he kissed the ass, too.:p

2009June05_CairoSphinxRear2.jpg

monkey

Stoo said:
The 2nd line of your post is a repetition of the 1st.:rolleyes: How do you know that he has made a "profound impact on the Muslim World"? Because you say so? As Rocket asked, please provide some examples.

I was in Cairo when Obama made his speech and while there was definitely a buzz in the air, I couldn't tell you whether the people were pleased with it or not. The following photo was taken during lunch at a restaurant in a suburb (Heliolopolis) of Cairo because several parts of the downtown area were closed-off for his appearance. (Although, we did see Air Force One flying over flanked by Egyptian heliocopters!(y) Eyewitness to history in the making.)

Nnext day, I literally walked in Obama's footsteps when visiting the pyramids at Giza less than 24 hours after he'd been there. Dr. Zahi Hawass personally took him inside so "I stepped where he stepped".

If..If..If..For the sake of argument, Obama is half-caste. He is as much white as he is black.

What *wasn't* reported was that Hawass even allowed Obama to carve "BARACK was HERE" on the ass of the Sphinx. Here's a photo I took but you can't see it because the other side was closed to tourists. It can be seen with binoculars from another vantage point. There was also local talk that he kissed the ass, too.:p

First of all stool, thanks for rolling your eyes, and pointing out my repetition of my first sentence with my second. I have taken notes, and will work harder in the future to avoid this discrepancy.

Secondly, WOW!! You are quite the world traveler.....Stool is certainly an International Man of Mystery. Thank you for going to such great pains to point this out to us.

Wow!! You've been to a "Foreign" country?? Sure hope I can do that some day. ;)

Anyway Stool, I don't play the 'examples' or 'proof' game. I GAVE my examples and my proof. You would have to be a complete idiot to not recognize the profound impact President Obama has had upon the Arab/Muslim World, and upon the rest of the World.

Keep jacking your jaw, and keep sending photos from the couple of countries you've been to.

PS I'm Rolling my Eyes Right Now!

Last edited:

Peru1936

Rocket Surgeon said:
Here's something on the light side, but apropo:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YT5Kl38fSVY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YT5Kl38fSVY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Hey, does anyone remember when SNL was funny? I miss the old days. Anyhow, that skit, other than being dry and lackluster, is pretty much on the mark.

Robyn

Stoo said:

Next day, I literally walked in Obama's footsteps when visiting the pyramids at Giza less than 24 hours after he'd been there. Dr. Zahi Hawass personally took him inside so "I stepped where he stepped".

Yes, Obama is as much white as he is black, but some people never want to notice that.

Thanks for sharing the pics Stoo! Great photos, it must have been interesting getting to be there in Cairo during Obama's speech.

monkey said:
First of all stool, thanks for rolling your eyes, and pointing out my repetition of my first sentence with my second. I have taken notes, and will work harder in the future to avoid this discrepancy.

Secondly, WOW!! You are quite the world traveler.....Stool is certainly an International Man of Mystery. Thank you for going to such great pains to point this out to us.

Wow!! You've been to a "Foreign" country?? Sure hope I can do that some day. ;)

Anyway Stool, I don't play the 'examples' or 'proof' game. I GAVE my examples and my proof. You would have to be a complete idiot to not recognize the profound impact President Obama has had upon the Arab/Muslim World, and upon the rest of the World.

Keep jacking your jaw, and keep sending photos from the couple of countries you've been to.

PS I'm Rolling my Eyes Right Now!

And the childish insults begin yet again....