Could this mean a new Indy game is in the works?

Nurhachi1991

If only it were so... I have been hoping with the recent success in adventure games (uncharted) That the king of adventure would get a worthy game... but more than likely its going to be Star Wars Episode 2,0000: The return of the clones and its gonna tie in how the clones were remade after the destruction of the second death star resulting in a new clone war :p

michael

Is there really a demand for an Indy related game outside of an Indiana Jones message board?

Indy's brother

michael said:
Is there really a demand for an Indy related game outside of an Indiana Jones message board?

An Indy game that was good enough on it's own merits (rather than just brand recognition) would create an interest and demand for more Indy outside of our circle. ;)

michael

Indy's brother said:
An Indy game that was good enough on it's own merits (rather than just brand recognition) would create an interest and demand for more Indy outside of our circle. ;)
Well, I'll say this: If it's executed flawlessly, then I have no gripes, with anything, if it's done right, it can always work.

But lets come back down to reality. Indy tends to get the short end of the stick on this stuff, but that's because he has no expanded universe with hundreds of characters and story lines. It's always going to be just Indy and whatever artifact he's searching for. And ultimately and unfairly will be compared to the movies.

So with that said, it HAS to be executed to perfection for it to be loved by all, not just us Indy geeks. We all know we'd play whatever they gave us if Indiana Jones was on the cover, I just don't think it will have a chance to be treated to the quality it deserves.

And also, after playing Uncharted: Drake's Fortune & Among Thieves, and anxiously awaiting Drake's Deception, I honestly have no desire to play an action oriented Indiana Jones game. That's why I'm going to hate if they do make an Uncharted movie, it's going to take a lot of the magic away because somebody wants to make a dollar. Video Games DO NOT work as a movie.

If anybody should make an Indy game, it should be TellTale. Look at what they did with Back to the Future (great reviews) and the upcoming Jurassic Park which looks really interesting.

If they got a chance, an adventure (not action!) game of Young Indy (sooo much potential here) or Indy in the World War 2 years, IMO, would be a bold, yet amazing way to go with it. Rather than some lame ass Staff of Kings game nobody cares about. I want a decent story! *ahem* Fate of Atlantis!

Check out their site: http://www.telltalegames.com/ I can totally picture a Young Indy in that style of artwork. It would translate well, I believe. Ok, I'm rambling now.

But to say for the final time, if anything is done right, it can always work, so don't think I'm totally against it.

Indy's brother

michael said:
But lets come back down to reality. Indy tends to get the short end of the stick on this stuff, but that's because he has no expanded universe with hundreds of characters and story lines.

Oh most certainly, just me airing out a pipe dream in a thread that is a pipe dream in itself. ;)

michael said:
It's always going to be just Indy and whatever artifact he's searching for. And ultimately and unfairly will be compared to the movies.

As is the problem with all licensed games, really.

michael said:
So with that said, it HAS to be executed to perfection for it to be loved by all, not just us Indy geeks. We all know we'd play whatever they gave us if Indiana Jones was on the cover, I just don't think it will have a chance to be treated to the quality it deserves.

Of course, on the flip side of that is that the Indy brand has a bit of a hurdle to overcome because of the notorious nature of licensed games, and the less than mind-blowing games he's been in previously, none of which seemed to be able to cross over into the mainstream gaming world as a universally accepted success.

michael said:
And also, after playing Uncharted: Drake's Fortune & Among Thieves, and anxiously awaiting Drake's Deception, I honestly have no desire to play an action oriented Indiana Jones game. That's why I'm going to hate if they do make an Uncharted movie, it's going to take a lot of the magic away because somebody wants to make a dollar. Video Games DO NOT work as a movie.

While I understand the comparisons that Uncharted has gotten to Indy, I wish they would stop. Nathan Drake certainly has Indy influences, but not to the point that they are interchangeable characters, as the gaming public seems to infer.

michael said:
If anybody should make an Indy game, it should be TellTale. Look at what they did with Back to the Future (great reviews) and the upcoming Jurassic Park which looks really interesting.

I'd love for almost any reputable studio that is not directly affiliated with Lucasarts to take a stab at it! Imagine the possibilities! (never happen)

michael said:
But to say for the final time, if anything is done right, it can always work, so don't think I'm totally against it.

Even if you or anyone else were against it, a good enough game could change anyone's mind, and in there's always room to hope for the best. There is no solid reason to believe that it's impossible for a great Indy game to emerge someday, it's a great license.

ArnoldTohtFan

You know there's a really obvious idea that no one has picked up yet, and the fan support for such an idea would be incredible.
There really is only one way to make the ultimate Indy interactive adventure, and I've got it figured. My opinion is that an action-adventure game with FPS and RPG themes would be best, and a game should be made of each film. Obviously this would be for the next-gen platforms PS3 and Xbox 360 (not wii becoz it sucks :p)

I think the best producer for the series of games (not including KotCS) would be Michel Ancel, based on his outstanding work and direction of the 2005 game adaptation of King Kong. That game was an unsurpassed milestone in interactive storytelling and adventure, and the cinematics were breathtaking for their time. The publisher would be Ubisoft, best of the best (y)

Remember, these would NOT be mere "Indy games" they would be "interactive adaptations" of the movies, so it would be like "playing" in the movies. It's an awesome idea, why has it not been thought of before?

EvilEmperorZoRG

Lucas Arts, GIVE US A DAMN INDY GAME.
I just can't believe it that this generation of consoles will not get an Indy game even though we got the 4th movie that raised 800.000.000 dollars not counting DVD sales. Why they had to cancel the old game seen back in 2007 ? I liked Staff Of Kings as a PSP game but c'mon.... PSP and PS2 ?
Oh yes, and the Nitendo. What's Lucas Art's problem and they don't release a next gen high quality game ? Let's hope that they hired that guy to give us a good Indy game even now, almost at the end of these consoles lifecycle.
Oh, and bring Harrison Ford as the voice of Indy :whip:

Le Saboteur

Olliana said:
Could this mean... SOMETHING?

Yes, it means that there's another Star Wars game in the works; probably the recently announced Star Wars 1313.

In other important news, LucasArts' creative director, Clint Hocking, recently left the company. He posted the following on his blog:

Clint Hocking said:
"I recently left my job at LucasArts and am moving on to something new. Unlike last time, I already have something lined up and I am currently in the process of dealing with the living hell of relocation."

I still wouldn't be surprised to see LucasArts shuttered in the next five years. Those of us who would like to see another Indiana Jones game can consider it a dead franchise.

IndyBr

Le Saboteur said:
Yes, it means that there's another Star Wars game in the works; probably the recently announced Star Wars 1313.

Indeed, that's terrible. And the worst is that, by what we can see in the videos, they took Uncharted and transformed it into a Star Wars game. I mean... are you serious? Uncharted is an adventure game just like Indiana Jones, they should make an Indy game that rivals it (without all that climbing that Nathan Drake does), and instead of it... Lucas Arts decided to make the Star Wars equivalent of Uncharted. What a waste of a good oportunity, damn. (n)