Date of Indy/Marion's Marriage please?

Indyologist

Hi guys! Haven't been here in a while... how are all you loyal Indyfans? Happy and healthy, I hope. Anyhoo, I was doing some research online, but I was not able to find Indy and Marion's wedding date ANYWHERE! :mad: I DID find out that Marion's birthday is 3/23/1909 (did you know this, guys? ;) ). I know they were married in 1957 and that they were married in the spring or summer from outside shots of the chapel, but when the heck was the date?! I'd love to celebrate this date every year as I LOVE Indy and Marion's relationship, but this date escapes me. What is the date and where did you find the information, should you have it?

Thanks so much for the info. in advance, guys! God bless you all!

IAdventurer01

Always great to see old faces returning - it has been a while!

Unfortunately, I don't think I can be too much help. There may not be an official date for this as new supplementary material for this sort of thing has been disappointingly sparse since KotCS was released.

I wonder if we can just speculate and find a date to make unofficial fan-canon until the powers that be confirm otherwise? ;)

Indyologist

Last edited:

Kai Hagen

It would make a compelling story if Elsa fell like this:

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hc8ngiMlCto" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>,

miraculously survived, found Indy after his marriage, and showed him their child.

Stoo

Indyologist said:
Hi guys! Haven't been here in a while... how are all you loyal Indyfans? Happy and healthy, I hope. Anyhoo, I was doing some research online, but I was not able to find Indy and Marion's wedding date ANYWHERE! :mad:
Hi, Indyologist. Guess you don't remember but, almost 8 years ago, I provided this information to you in your other thread:

Date of Indy/Marion's marriage?

Therein you'll find a link to where I posted scans of the invitation. That wedding date is not reliable for a couple of reasons so check out yet another link for a discussion of it in yet another thread.

Welcome back to The Raven! :hat:

Indyologist

Stoo said:
Hi, Indyologist. Guess you don't remember but, almost 8 years ago, I provided this information to you in your other thread:

Date of Indy/Marion's marriage?

Therein you'll find a link to where I posted scans of the invitation. That wedding date is not reliable for a couple of reasons so check out yet another link for a discussion of it in yet another thread.

Welcome back to The Raven! :hat:

Thanks for the welcome, my friend! And yes, IAdventurer01, I guess I AM living up to my "name," which I invented in, um, 1985 I think. So this topic has been visited before by myself, eh? Huh. Musta forgot. I researched these threads again. Yeah, looks like a spring wedding to me. Hmph. What an aggrevating cunundrum! Looks like they ignored the spring weather in the freakin' film and just pulled a date out of their a**! Must be an error/misprint, as someone pointed out. That sucks. :confused:

Indyologist

We're Gonna Vote Re: Wedding Date for IJ/MJ

Okay guys, this is ridiculous. Obviously some stupid boob screwed up Indy and Marion's wedding date (date that Indy/Mutt left for Peru? C'mon, people! :mad: ). So I say, if you guys don't mind, we're gonna vote on it! Perhaps I'll even invite those from other Indy sites and they can join us in the vote -- for the date of Indy & Marion's wedding! Of course, the year will be 1957, but we will be voting on first the month (either May or June) and then we'll decide on the date of the month. Whatever the date is, it will be on a Saturday of either May or June. I will just look up all the Saturdays in May and June 1957, depending on what month "wins." I will have these polls be active for an entire week for each of these 2 polls. When all is said and done, we will finally have a date! When the official date is announced, someone can add/edit this date on all Indy timelines everywhere and alert other Indy-related sites with a link to the topic. I will create the topic in the next 5-7 days. Let's do it! Let's make Indiana Jones history!!!!! What do you guys think? Your ideas/opinions are valuable! Are you all excited about this? I hope so. I for one am SICK :sick: of not having a decent date for this special event in Indy and Marion's life!

Stoo

Dear, Indyologist. Love ya, babe, but it's gotta be Spring/Summer 1958. No ifs, ands or buts about it. :whip:

Indyologist

Stoo said:
Dear, Indyologist. Love ya, babe, but it's gotta be Spring/Summer 1958. No ifs, ands or buts about it. :whip:

Why 1958? Did I miss something? Sorry if I did. Just wanna be sure about this... it's important, Marion. Trust me. (Sorry, couldn't resist).

Indyologist

Vote #1 - May or June 1957 will begin Sun 7/1!

Voting poll #1 deciding on the month for the date of Indy/Marion's wedding day in 1957/1958 will be posted on Sunday, 7/1! The months to choose from will be either May or June. Tell your friends on other Indy boards to join us if they are interested in making Indiana Jones history!!! This poll will be effective for one week. Looking forward to all of you voting. Of course, if you have any questions or comments, post them here as well. Your thoughts are always appreciated.