New Acquisitions!!

tnswman

featofstrength said:
a friend of mine from my Ghostbusters costuming group surprised me with these...
a 5 ft video store stand-up...
180558_758841728274_34314617_41426438_3954793_n.jpg

and what may easily be the new crown jewel of my collection, an Official Pix Harrison Ford autograph!
180558_758841738254_34314617_41426440_3083173_n.jpg

What a pal!(y)

That Harrison "autograph" isn't authentic. The true official pix autographs were only done on 2 KOTCS photos ( one was done in 11x14 only and one in 11x14 and 8x10 ) The hologram will also state authentic Indiana Jones autograph edition as well. Again, Harrison only signed KOTCS photos for Official Pix. That was the agreement. The 11x14's were limited to 50 each as well.

The autograph shown here does not match Harrison's autograph at all bud. If you need some examples of Harrison's authentic sig, just let me know.

Sorry to have to tell you this.

The Drifter

tnswman said:
The autograph shown here does not match Harrison's autograph at all bud. If you need some examples of Harrison's authentic sig, just let me know.

Sorry to have to tell you this.

Sorry for butting in, but how can you tell the difference? I think I remember you showing some autographs of Ford's in your collection. I'm not trying to sound rude, I just really wanna know.

Billy Ray

The Drifter said:
Sorry for butting in, but how can you tell the difference? I think I remember you showing some autographs of Ford's in your collection. I'm not trying to sound rude, I just really wanna know.

Tnswman is definitely an authority on autographs, and not just Harrison Ford's.

I'm no expert on either autographs nor handwriting but the signature itself really doesn't look like any of the other known authentic autographs that have been posted here. I know that people's handwriting/signatures can change over time and that no two are exactly alike, but this just looks way different to me.

tnswman

Billy Ray said:
Tnswman is definitely an authority on autographs, and not just Harrison Ford's.

I'm no expert on either autographs nor handwriting but the signature itself really doesn't look like any of the other known authentic autographs that have been posted here. I know that people's handwriting/signatures can change over time and that no two are exactly alike, but this just looks way different to me.

Thanks!

Exactly, The signature doesn't match Harrison's signature in any way. The shape, letter formation, & flow are all wrong. There are plenty of authentic autographs to compare it to but this is 100% not authentic. Plus, Official Pix never offered this image signed by Harrison. Only KOTCS images.

bonoferox

tnswman said:
Thanks!

Exactly, The signature doesn't match Harrison's signature in any way. The shape, letter formation, & flow are all wrong. There are plenty of authentic autographs to compare it to but this is 100% not authentic. Plus, Official Pix never offered this image signed by Harrison. Only KOTCS images.

Agreed.

That signature just reaks of fraud from all angles. Hopefully you didnt get ripped off too bad.

Montana Smith

Found this original 1981 Raiders hardback annual today, under a pile of books at a car boot. Never had this before, only the comic book mini-series version.

IMG_0001-1.jpg

indyclone25

Montana Smith said:
Found this original 1981 Raiders hardback annual today, under a pile of books at a car boot. Never had this before, only the comic book mini-series version.

IMG_0001-1.jpg

i saw one like this on ebay a few weeks ago -i but i let it pass since i bought another downtowner hat from todds . i should have gotten it.

Stoo

Montana Smith said:
Hardcover? I'm wondering if this was a UK-only edition.:confused: Nice find, Smiff!(y)

Stoo

indyclone25 said:
\ i think on the ebay auction it did say uk printing only
That's what I figured. Thanks, Mark.
RaiderMitch said:
Nice find. Howard Chaykin cover. And looks to be in great condition
Indeed, Mitch. This reminds me how good the painting is. It has a certain, Bob-Peak-style quality.(y)

Montana Smith

Stoo said:
Hardcover? I'm wondering if this was a UK-only edition.:confused: Nice find, Smiff!(y)

RaiderMitch said:
Nice find. Howard Chaykin cover. And looks to be in great condition

indyclone25 said:
\ i think on the ebay auction it did say uk printing only

It's not in bad conditon - a crease on bottom right corner of the cover, and little nick on the top edge. Inside it's fine. It was on a stall with masses of vintage books (mainly Star Wars and Marvel) all at 50p each to clear. It took ages to see everything, moving things aside, until this one came to light. Not quite like uncovering the Ark, but my heart leapt a bit when I realized what I was looking at. There was also an old battered Raiders paperback, but unfortunately not another of those first editions with the concept artwork...

This annual was published by Grandreams Ltd, London, and printed in Holland, back in the days when it was okay to put a Swastika on something (and they put at least six of them on each cover!)

It's not price clipped, so I can tell you that it originally cost £2.25 in 1981.

Last edited:

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Grandreams.

Ex-WatsonBrown brothers (publishers of the UK Marvel Star Wars hardback) Brian and Peter Babani, had an exclusive license for Marvel annuals. Always good products utilising both the Marvel catalog and new material. They also reprinted Temple of Doom.

Montana Smith

JuniorJones said:
Ex-WatsonBrown brothers (publishers of the UK Marvel Star Wars hardback) Brian and Peter Babani, had an exclusive license for Marvel annuals. Always good products utilising both the Marvel catalog and new material. They also reprinted Temple of Doom.

I've had the Temple of Doom one for years, along with a Blade Runner, and the obligatory Star Wars annuals, but It's the first time I've seen the Raiders firsthand.

Barnett College

goodeknight said:
LOVE the sword hanger, Barnett. Did you make it?? Adapt it to be a hanger? Is it resin? Can't wait to hear more info. awesome (y)

Since I got sarednabs sword, i knew i had to build something special for it, so I madeit from scratch specially for it. I made it on wood, with some gold foil work on.
I really enjoy doing it.
Thansk for your interest.Glad you like it.
bests
Barnett