Hellboy II: The Golden Army

DocWhiskey

I'm a huge Batman fan, but I love Red. I wasn't able to get to a theater when Hellboy II was released. And when I finally got to a theater, it was for The Dark Knight. I seen Dark Knight Friday and Saturday. I went to my Local theater the next on Sunday to see Hellboy, but they canceled it's times because Dark Knight needed more screens:( .

HovitosKing

I got 6 complimentary tickets to an advanced screening and still didn't end up seeing it. Dark Knight, however, I paid extra through Fandango to make sure I could see it opening night.

FranCasanova

Hellboy in Tenerife?

Hi,

Watch this :)

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/L9jZJTki1gE&hl=es&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/L9jZJTki1gE&hl=es&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

kongisking

So, as per Le Saboteur suggestion, I'm bumping this thread so we can all collectively mourn the fact Hellboy III is very unlikely.

Anyone want to join me in my tears?

Le Saboteur

kongisking said:
Anyone want to join me in my tears?

Wait for it...

hellboy_ii_the_golden_army_movie_image_doug_jones_as_abe_sapien.jpg

No.

Here's why: Big Red didn't suddenly disappear from the popular imagination a la Indiana Jones. He simply reverted back to the realm that spawned him -- the comics. As of 2013 Mignola was still producing new stories featuring Hellboy. 2014 appears to be no different as Hellboy in Hell: The Descent will collect the most recent (?) mini-series, and the expanded universe of B.P.R.D., Abe Sapien, and Lobster Johnson have all-new issues.

lobster_johnson_color_by_thisismyboomstick-d48g61h.jpg

This is my boomstick!

So, not only did you receive two rather excellent movies you were given a splendid bit of lagniappe with Hellboy Animated. If you didn't see them, do check out Blood and Iron and Sword of Storms. I'd recommend buying them, but since there are some cheap bastichs out there, both have been made available on YouTube via Starz.

Sword of Storms can be viewed here. After that, click through here for Blood and Iron.

Please note: You cheap bastards are the reason why there will never be a third Hellboy whether that's animated or live-action.

And just to twist the knife:

Ron Perlman said:
"[Hellboy 3] needs to be twice as big as Hellboy 1 or Hellboy 2. It's all of these oracles coming home to roost with these apocalyptic things taking place.

Guillermo's version of this resolve in the trilogy is epic in scope. Not just anybody can make this movie. It has to be somebody who's no stranger to this sense of scope.

For me to do Hellboy 3, it could kill me - in terms of physically demanding, for a guy my age, but it's worth it because anyone who sits and listens to Guillermo's version of how this thing ends is completely seduced. It's so theatrical and compelling and if you liked the first two movies in any way, shape or form, this is the ultimate one-two punch."

kongisking

Le Saboteur said:
So, not only did you receive two rather excellent movies you were given a splendid bit of lagniappe with Hellboy Animated. If you didn't see them, do check out Blood and Iron and Sword of Storms. I'd recommend buying them, but since there are some cheap bastichs out there, both have been made available on YouTube via Starz.

Sword of Storms can be viewed here. After that, click through here for Blood and Iron.

I've seen Sword of Storms, which was quite enjoyable in and of itself, but I have yet to find a chance to see Blood and Iron, which I've heard is actually much better than Storms.

Shame Pacific Rim sort of tanked in the eyes of the American studios, otherwise they may have trusted del Toro with the budget Hellboy III requires. But if I'm incorrect about the grosses of PR, please set me straight, Sab. After all, you're the best at what you do, but what you do best isn't very simple for baboons like me to understand...:D

Montana Smith

kongisking said:
I've seen Sword of Storms, which was quite enjoyable in and of itself, but I have yet to find a chance to see Blood and Iron, which I've heard is actually much better than Storms.

Both were good. Blood and Iron even came with an Animated style action figure of Big Red himself. He's a bit dusty, but the films are filed away in the library.

I've a good mind to dig them out for another viewing.

kongisking

Montana Smith said:
I've a good mind to dig them out for another viewing.

Not a bad idea at all. I mostly remember Sword of Storms for having the movie actors (terrifically) voicing their characters, and it made my aching for an animated Indiana Jones movie/TV show all the more painful...