General Indy 5 Thread - rumors and possibilities

Honestly...will there be another Indy film in the next decade?

• Total voters

DIrishB

IndyFan89 said:
George sees him as something most people didn't like and that the next movie will make more money without him. :rolleyes:

So you're saying like Jar-Jar in Episode II and III, Mutt might end up getting a much smaller role in an Indy 5? ;)

emtiem

DIrishB said:
So you're saying like Jar-Jar in Episode II and III, Mutt might end up getting a much smaller role in an Indy 5? ;)

I don't think he's any way as bad as Jar Jar, but I could imagine him perhaps only being there at the beginning, or perhaps we might see him tracking Indy down to help him at the end of the film as a sub-plot.

The Man

Screw the sharks - bring on Dolphin Robot...

dolphin.jpg

"I have crossed oceans of time to find you..."

DIrishB

emtiem said:
I don't think he's any way as bad as Jar Jar,

Not at all. I like the character of Mutt...Jar-Jar just ****ing pisses me off.

but I could imagine him perhaps only being there at the beginning, or perhaps we might see him tracking Indy down to help him at the end of the film as a sub-plot.

Agreed. Such a plot would also allow Mutt to grow and show he can be just as independant and adventurous as Indy, while not overshadowing or taking away from Indy/Harrison's deserved screen-time.

clorrificus said:
am i the only one who still loves george lucas? everyone seems to hate him nowdays.

Its not that we hate him, we just hate his bad ideas which he's convinced are all good ones.

Zorg

emtiem said:
I'd like a Hitchcock North By Northwest-style Indy 5: Indy's framed for murder or somesuch (obviously he knows too much about the location of some relic or his theories have to be discredited or something) and has to go on the run- on his own withouth Marion or Mutt. That also fits the 50's feel very nicely.
Alternatively, or perhaps additionally, you could have Mutt joining the army. That means he can be following his dad's footsteps, plus you have the whole G.I-Elvis feel to him this time around (nice 50's touch again); and that also means that he doesn't have to be around for the whole film. Indy goes on the run, ends up in Europe or wherever Mutt is serving, who has been told about Indy's plight by Marion, and Mutt brings along some GI mates to help out just in time for the climax.

Wow, those are some nice ideas. I could see that happen.

Indy's brother

DIrishB said:
Agreed. Such a plot would also allow Mutt to grow and show he can be just as independant and adventurous as Indy, while not overshadowing or taking away from Indy/Harrison's deserved screen-time.

No problem here if Mutt continues, I just think that if he must exist in another film, it should be his own--but only if we get a solid Indy film first. The same b-movie feel for a sci-fi 50's series. That would actually be cool.

For example, Mutt is monitored by the U.S. Govt. becase of the events of Skull, and is brought in to offer insight on a buried ufo (stealing some of the plot from "Quatermass and the Pit"http://www.answers.com/topic/quatermass-and-the-pit-film) I envision a scene where a flying saucer descends over a drive-in movie theater whose patrons are all wearing 3D glasses. The ufo hovers for a second in front of a screen that is showing a flying saucer as well, while we see the audience in awe at what they think is a 3D effect.

audience2.jpg

MaverickKing

emtiem said:
I'd like a Hitchcock North By Northwest-style Indy 5: Indy's framed for murder or somesuch (obviously he knows too much about the location of some relic or his theories have to be discredited or something) and has to go on the run- on his own withouth Marion or Mutt. That also fits the 50's feel very nicely.

Alternatively, or perhaps additionally, you could have Mutt joining the army. That means he can be following his dad's footsteps, plus you have the whole G.I-Elvis feel to him this time around (nice 50's touch again); and that also means that he doesn't have to be around for the whole film. Indy goes on the run, ends up in Europe or wherever Mutt is serving, who has been told about Indy's plight by Marion, and Mutt brings along some GI mates to help out just in time for the climax.

Me likey. That sounds much better than anything Lucas could come up with.

IndyFan89

indyrcks said:
When will they start filming or getting it all together :confused:

If they're making another one because KOCS made allot of money like HF said, then they should start filming next summer and have it out by the summer after that.

So 2 years until we are back in the theaters with our fedoras on. :(

indyrcks

that will make Harrison Ford 68 do you think he is still able to be Indiana Jones or do you think he should just hang up his fedora and whip just wondering:confused:

The Man

IndyFan89 said:
If they're making another one because KOCS made allot of money like HF said, then they should start filming next summer and have it out by the summer after that.

So 2 years until we are back in the theaters with our fedoras on. :(

Can Lucas ensure a stupid script is written in time for such a quick turnaround, though?

I'll bet on May 2011. Everything should be sufficiently over-egged and embarrassing by then...

QBComics

indyrcks said:
that will make Harrison Ford 68 do you think he is still able to be Indiana Jones or do you think he should just hang up his fedora and whip just wondering:confused:

If we do strat it next summer and get it in 2010, then he'll be 67 doing shooting. Not to bad...

The Man

Johnny Jones said:
Seriously guys, he's already 66 and still in great shape, what difference is two or three years going to make at this point?

True, there's nothing ill-fitting about the older Ford. Just give him something more and better to do next time. Stick him on a horse..!

QBComics

The Man said:
True, there's nothing ill-fitting about the older Ford. Just give him something more and better to do next time. Stick him on a horse...!

I'd like a Chinese adventure, mabey in the moutains or something. I think a chase scene up a side of a mountain would be superb, except with as little CGI as they can give us. ;)

No Ticket

The Man said:
True, there's nothing ill-fitting about the older Ford. Just give him something more and better to do next time. Stick him on a horse..!

Yeah the film should put more focus JUST on Indy. I mean, KOTCS was okay with the focus on "family" and all that... but after so long without any new Indy movies most everyone wanted the focus to be on him. The next one needs to make sure he has plenty to do, more like the way Raiders did.