Your favorite continuity error in the trilogy?

The_Raiders

sarah navarro said:
In LC when hes at Brunwald castle he whips outside into the rain outside of one of the rooms,and when they show his whip wrapping around the cable it all the sudden clear and dry outside not a drop of rain in sight.Then when he breaks throught the window into his dads room its raining again.:p

Yeah I threw in LC with a friend and he said the same exact thing.

gear guardian said:
What I dont understand is how he would have been killed by having the tank drive into the cliff 'wall'. I don't think it would have 'killed' him, maybe just scrape him up a bit, but when you think about it it doesn't seem like a deadly trap.

Can someone explain this to me?

Your right. He would have probablt just'v been dragged across the rock wall, get some cuts, and continue to be wacked in the hands by Vogel, and as far as his satchel bags strap being around the gun barrel, when you see him climb on top of the tank the strapis still around the barrel, then he's magicly on the tanks with his bag still :confused: :dead:

Michael24

The thing about the cliff wall. It protrudes out up ahead of the tank. Hanging from the barrel, he would have hit the protrusion, which probably would have done some damage to the barrel and either broke it backwards, smashing him against the side of the tank, or breaking the barrel enough that he slips off and faces the chance of getting caught up on the tread wheels, either being crushed further into the wall or mangled by the wheels.

In any event, I'm sure it wouldn't have been a pretty sight if Indy had hit the cliff wall. :)

NoCamels

My favorite is that Belloq takes Indy's pistol and whip in the beginning of Raiders- Indy doesn't have them in the whole chase scene but he's got them later at home. I like to think maybe Belloq mailed them to him with a mocking note.

Also, the horsey ones are Indy's briefly got spurs on in the Raiders truck chase and in Last Crusade there's a brief shot of a horse with what appears to be a regular American western saddle on when the Nazi convoy stops.

If you wanted to be really nitpicky, when Indy jumps from the horse to the tank, you can just barely tell he's got a stunt saddle with some kind of foothold to jump from and that the horse he's riding in Petra is not the horse he's riding in the tank chase. But I can't tell you how many times I've watched the tank chase in slow motion and zoomed in to figure that out! (I'm making Indy's saddle in miniature.)

Michael24

NoCamels said:
My favorite is that Belloq takes Indy's pistol and whip in the beginning of Raiders- Indy doesn't have them in the whole chase scene but he's got them later at home. I like to think maybe Belloq mailed them to him with a mocking note.

Haha!! That would be funny. But I always figured he just bought news ones once he returned, or had some extras anyway.

NoCamels said:
Also, the horsey ones are Indy's briefly got spurs on in the Raiders truck chase and in Last Crusade there's a brief shot of a horse with what appears to be a regular American western saddle on when the Nazi convoy stops.

Indy's wearing spurs? You mean, you can actually see spurs on his feet at one point? At what moment during the chase?

But how the heck can you tell the different between an American saddle and a non-American saddle?

And I just remembered another goof, when the truck is speeding up on Belloq's car, you can see the back of the seat that Indy's stunt double is sitting on as he hangs onto the wheel well. I'm not sure why didn't think to have the double pull his jacket over the back of the seat to hide it, and I wish they had erased it on the DVD like they did with the cobra's reflection.

NoCamels said:
If you wanted to be really nitpicky, when Indy jumps from the horse to the tank, you can just barely tell he's got a stunt saddle with some kind of foothold to jump from and that the horse he's riding in Petra is not the horse he's riding in the tank chase. But I can't tell you how many times I've watched the tank chase in slow motion and zoomed in to figure that out! (I'm making Indy's saddle in miniature.)

I never noticed that until Vic Armstrong pointed it out in a documentary. Now I see it all the time, though it doesn't really bug me.

Gear

Michael24 said:
The thing about the cliff wall. It protrudes out up ahead of the tank. Hanging from the barrel, he would have hit the protrusion, which probably would have done some damage to the barrel and either broke it backwards, smashing him against the side of the tank, or breaking the barrel enough that he slips off and faces the chance of getting caught up on the tread wheels, either being crushed further into the wall or mangled by the wheels.

In any event, I'm sure it wouldn't have been a pretty sight if Indy had hit the cliff wall. :)

Hmm. First, thanks for answering my question guys.

I never thought it would be pleasant to endure; he would gat all messed up yo. :p :rolleyes:

I simply didn't understand why Indy seemed so horrified.

The_Raiders

I also noticed when ever Indy gets caught in a trap, right when it's about to send him to his doom, it seems to reset itself. Like when his head was about to be crushed in the rock smasher it'd get right where his hat would start touching the roller then it'd show short round goin to get the maharaja, and then back to indy and he'd be a couple inches away from the roller, same with the spike chamber and in RAidERS when satipo left and that door was closing.

Tron7960

Maybe this doesn't count, as it's not self contained in one movie but the scene in TOD where Indy reaches for his pistol only to find an empty holster is a great moment. It just feels wrong to me given that it's set before the Cairo scene. Indy's too self assured during that moment in Raider's if it had previously been unsuccessful. Seems like a continuity issue to me.

Nurhachi1991

I would have to say when the Coranado exploded and sunk at the begining of Last Crusade

that there was a life saver just floating by after a whole ship explodes it would have been burnt and indy would have drown

and how the heck did indy swim to shore?

The_Raiders

What about in TOD when Willie tried to pushe the statue in her room, Indy already pushed the other one that led into the temple, so there was no need for Willie to try, you can tell by the look on her face she didn't want too. And also when Indy and Willie fell on the awining from club Obi Wan, how did short round know they were gonna fall there so he could pick'em up :confused: :dead:

Nurhachi1991

that was pretty hot when willie was pushing the statue. jk

yeah how did short round know where to go........

and why in the heck would Lao Che have a real antidote???? he could of killed indy by putting anti freeze or something in the vial or not tell him he was posioned and let hime die

Michael24

The_Raiders said:
What about in TOD when Willie tried to pushe the statue in her room, Indy already pushed the other one that led into the temple, so there was no need for Willie to try, you can tell by the look on her face she didn't want too.

I think Willie was just curious to see if the second statue would reveal a tunnel. Don't really see how that's a continuity error or anything.

Nurhachi1991 said:
that there was a life saver just floating by after a whole ship explodes it would have been burnt and indy would have drown

and how the heck did indy swim to shore?

The life saver was likely just blown from the ship by the shockwave. As for Indy swimming back, I believe the title card said "Portuguese Coast," so perhaps they're just not very far from shore. I can't imagine Indy stayed hidden on that ship long enough for it to get very far out to sea before he was caught. I think, with the life saver, he could have easily made it back to shore if he was no more than a few miles off the coast.

Nurhachi1991

yeah but that storm was fierce

everyone on the ship could barley stand

that would be a rough trip for indy on that life saver you think it would get knocked away from him by a wave

metalinvader

Michael24 said:
The life saver was likely just blown from the ship by the shockwave. As for Indy swimming back, I believe the title card said "Portuguese Coast," so perhaps they're just not very far from shore. I can't imagine Indy stayed hidden on that ship long enough for it to get very far out to sea before he was caught. I think, with the life saver, he could have easily made it back to shore if he was no more than a few miles off the coast.

In the novel he waves down a passing ship...

That would suck having to swim all that way in a wet leather jacket.:p

Nurhachi1991

man i got to read the novels...... things make sense!

yeah i knew no one could swim that far in a storm not even beowulf

UltimateManGod

The_Raiders said:
And also when Indy and Willie fell on the awining from club Obi Wan, how did short round know they were gonna fall there so he could pick'em up :confused: :dead:

Well, he could have waiting in a spot where he could see Indy fall out the window. Then he just drives up to where they're going to land. I wouldn't consider it a continuity error though.

The_Raiders

UltimateManGod said:
Well, he could have waiting in a spot where he could see Indy fall out the window. Then he just drives up to where they're going to land. I wouldn't consider it a continuity error though.

Well, the part that confueses me is how did he know they were going to fall out the window? I guess it's not an error, i was just wondering about it ;)

Nurhachi1991

or when indy whips the sword out of the two thugges hands and chases them his whip is dangling but when he reaches the bridge his whip is coiled up neatly when he had no time to do that

The_Raiders

Yeah I noticed that too, in several scenes acually. And in some scens from the movie he'll head out to do something wothout his gear and in the very next scene, everythings there, as far as RAIDERS though, when he gets his whip real quik from inder the door after Satipo ran off you can see him coil it up, then he runs into Satipos body of cousrse ;) Oh yeah this sin't an error, but since I mentoned noticing things, has anyone ever noticed acertain scream in every Lucas film, it's in every star wars and Indy movie, you'll know it when you hear it. ANd it's in several other movies as well.

Nurhachi1991

how did Satipo die anyway? wasnt forrestals body with the spikes already out? where there more than one light trap