Bond 24 - Spectre

roundshort

Well this is good news for the Bond movie!
Penelope Cruz is set to be the next and oldest Bond Girl - er - um Lady

Pale Horse

Staff member
I haven't been this excited for a film in a long time. I may host a Bond marathon blu-ray DVD party to get ready.

AndyLGR

Bond as a film franchise seems to be getting bigger and bigger. Spectre has got a big act to follow in Skyfall too. I'm really looking forward to it. Should be a great end to the year with this and the new Star Wars out.

AndyLGR

TheFedora said:
I'm already placing my bet that Christoph Waltz is only a decoy and that Andrew Scott will be the villain. I am placing that entirely on his portrayal of 'Moriarity' in Sherlock.(y)
Its a good bet. The UK tabloids were reporting yesterday that he was playing the villain, yet today he was introduced as being in MI6. However I think that may be a bluff, we've seen it before in the Craig Bond movies where people within the organisation are actually villains.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
New thread created.
Al Pacino was great as Phil Spector, hope he returns.

AL-PACINO-AS-PHIL-SPECTOR.jpg

TheFedora

AndyLGR said:
Its a good bet. The UK tabloids were reporting yesterday that he was playing the villain, yet today he was introduced as being in MI6. However I think that may be a bluff, we've seen it before in the Craig Bond movies where people within the organisation are actually villains.

Considering there were Blofeld rumors before...I can't wait. That would actually make a lot of sense for the lead villain to 'plant' himself in the organization beforehand. We've seen it before in Skyfall and Goldeneye where they turn, but then have them operating independently... But what if someone was undermining them from the inside? It would make him a lot more convincing...also In 'Sherlock', Andrew Scott had a story arc where he pretended that he made Moriarity up just to screw with Sherlock's mind, and he actually succeeded in convincing everyone...even though his crimes had been very public.

I heard this joke elsewhere on the internet today... but Blofeld's white cat needs to be played by Grumpy Cat. (y)

TheFedora

Henry Jones VII said:
and Mr White is returning also, so the plot thickens. Maybe the organization Quantum will be connected to S.P.EC.T.R.E

I thought that could make for an interesting plot, especially if they show us, how SPECTRE is organized.. dunnno if the plot is big enough for two secret evil organizations.

Grizzlor

Actually, in Fleming's novels, SPECTRE was composed of various smaller criminal organizations. So Quantum being an affiliate of SPECTRE would fit the Bond lore. The reason they are finally able to use the SPECTRE concept is that the Kevin McClory estate settled all outstanding rights claims with Danjaq 1 year ago. Now, all things relating to McClory's Thunderball belong to the Bond group.

Stoo

Grizzlor is correct. Up until around November last year they weren't allowed to use Blofeld or SPECTRE at all.

(Which is why the bald guy at the beginning of "For Your Eyes Only" is never specified as being Blofeld.)

Last edited: