My Collection

Deckard

Well finally, some Blade Runner props can be added to my collection.

0182.jpg

0185.jpg

0186.jpg

deckard24

That diary and the Blade Runner props are awesome man!!(y)

You got a hell of a collection going there! You're gonna need some nice glass display cases soon, to keep all this stuff safe in.

Deckard

deckard24 said:
That diary and the Blade Runner props are awesome man!!(y)

You got a hell of a collection going there! You're gonna need some nice glass display cases soon, to keep all this stuff safe in.

Thanks, already on it, I just bought a huge Barrister Bookcase, which are the kind w/ glass doors to protect the contents. I can't afford one of those nifty acrylic displays, bcuz they are mostly custom and cost thousands of dollars. (n)

Anyway, this is nothing, give me another 2-3 weeks, I just scored a Crystal Skull and a ton of Back to the Future stuff. Still waiting for a few other Indy props as well.

deckard24

Deckard said:
Thanks, already on it, I just bought a huge Barrister Bookcase, which are the kind w/ glass doors to protect the contents. I can't afford one of those nifty acrylic displays, bcuz they are mostly custom and cost thousands of dollars. (n)

Anyway, this is nothing, give me another 2-3 weeks, I just scored a Crystal Skull and a ton of Back to the Future stuff. Still waiting for a few other Indy props as well.
Check this out! Not bad for a dispaly case!
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10011055

deckard24

Deckard said:
That isn't bad, and thats exactly what Im looking for as far as design, the problem with that one tho, is the weight the shelves can hold. Only 13 pounds each, and that Idol I have weights closer to 15-20.
Yeah the weight could be an issue! I've had my eyes on one for toys and lightweight props. Your Blade Runner gun, headpiece, grail diary, etc. could work well in one of those though.

By the way, where did the painting of the grail knight making the leap of faith come from? EBay?

Deckard

deckard24 said:
Yeah the weight could be an issue! I've had my eyes on one for toys and lightweight props. Your Blade Runner gun, headpiece, grail diary, etc. could work well in one of those though.

Ya thats true, I was looking at something just like that to have custom built for me with stronger shelves, and they wanted $1600.00. I was shocked. Thats more then I payed for the props themselves.

Oh and yes the painting is from ebay. It's only a printing but I still love it.

deckard24

Deckard said:
Ya thats true, I was looking at something just like that to have custom built for me with stronger shelves, and they wanted $1600.00. I was shocked. Thats more then I payed for the props themselves.

Oh and yes the painting is from ebay. It's only a printing but I still love it.
$1600 is nuts!

Only a print huh? Is is framed though? It looks like it has a wood border and a laminate seal over the whole thing.

Deckard

deckard24 said:
$1600 is nuts!

Only a print huh? Is is framed though? It looks like it has a wood border and a laminate seal over the whole thing.

Looks like he prints the image on a thick sheet of paper then glues it to a thin wood base like a canvas. The glue is something crazy, I mean that thing is on the base and not coming off. Then he attaches that to the big wood base which is weathered then sealed. It's pretty nice. It's also numbered 31 or 32 I forget which, of 300. There aren't 300 out there tho, I've only seen one other be offered since mine.

deckard24

Deckard said:
Looks like he prints the image on a thick sheet of paper then glues it to a thin wood base like a canvas. The glue is something crazy, I mean that thing is on the base and not coming off. Then he attaches that to the big wood base which is weathered then sealed. It's pretty nice. It's also numbered 31 or 32 I forget which, of 300. There aren't 300 out there tho, I've only seen one other be offered since mine.
I'm curious how much you spent on it. If you don't want to flat out say, could you PM me. I'd love to get one if I can find one!

Deckard

Well I spent around $250 with shipping from France. You could most likely pick one up cheaper then that tho, I've seen them go for almost a hundred less then that.

deckard24

Deckard said:
Well I spent around $250 with shipping from France. You could most likely pick one up cheaper then that tho, I've seen them go for almost a hundred less then that.
I just looked but nothing came up. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled!

Deckard

deckard24 said:
I just looked but nothing came up. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled!

I'll PM you if I come across one. Im pretty sure Indy Magnoli use to make these as well. One of his could turn up, tho its less likely.

Deckard

My first of many Back to the Future pieces that are on the way.

No time traveler should be w/o one of these to cut down on plutonium costs.

0192.jpg

Unlike every other Mr. Fusion I've seen this is printed onto the machine, not just a sticker.

adventure_al

Very impressive. In the first few pictures posted what was in the frame? is there a link for close-up pic? (possible tatoo inspiration)

did you create the parcel yourself or buy it pre-made?

Deckard

adventure_al said:
Very impressive. In the first few pictures posted what was in the frame? is there a link for close-up pic? (possible tatoo inspiration)

did you create the parcel yourself or buy it pre-made?

Not sure which frame you mean, the first is from Raiders, It's the map Indy uses to find the Idol Temple in the opening :

0193.jpg

Second is the Sanskrit from Temple of Doom. The little kid gives him this image depicting the Sankara Stones :

0194.jpg

And then the 3rd is from Last Crusade, a painting hanging in Henry Sr.'s home :

0195.jpg

The Parcels, I take it you mean the diary wrappers, were bought. The first one was from ebay for abour $4, the second one came w/ my IndyJ Grail Diary.

0196.jpg

0197.jpg