Adventure Heroes

Vance

Iffy... "Fedora" appearing on packaging would be a bizzare name. But, for some reason, Lucas won't allow for 'Young Abner'.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
What's that make Wave 4, then? Or are the Raiders ones released so far both Wave 1 and Wave 2?

Interesting mix, at any rate. Two from LC (one of which has one clear character, from the name - who would pair with Vogel?), one from ToD (again - wonder who will come with Club Obi-Wan Indy?) and one from either Raiders or KotCS (perhaps Toht and Marion, or Belloq and Marion).

And, well, it seems they (rightfully, in my mind) dropped the bit about Fedora being Abner early on.

Edit to say that there's some other info here, including about Wave 4:
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38059

Last edited:

Vance

What's wrong with the guy who gave him the Fedora being Abner? It would certainly explain a LOT of things... and, since Abner's identity STILL isn't confirmed as of CS (and therefore would likely never be in film)... why NOT?

Anyway, the assortments announced basically cover the four films...

• Adventure Heroes - Wave I:
    Indiana Jones & Cairo Swordsman
    Indiana Jones & Tribal Warrior
    Indiana Jones & Marion Ravenwood w/ Green Snake
    Indiana Jones & German Mechanic
    Sallah & Mummy w/ Red Snake
    René Belloq & Ark w/ Ghost

Adventure Heroes - Wave II:
    Indiana Jones & Colonel Dovchenko
    Indiana Jones & Ugha Warrior
    Mutt Williams & Irina Spalko

Adventure Heroes - Wave III:
    Indiana Jones & Willie Scott
    Short Round & Temple Thug
    Mola Ram & Temple Priest

Adventure Heroes - Wave IV:
    Indiana Jones & Henry Jones
    Indiana Jones & Elsa Schneider
    Grail Knight & Colonel Vogel

The fifth wave would then, of course, start to be more random, and start to draw elements from all the films and, perhaps, the upcoming game.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Vance said:
What's wrong with the guy who gave him the Fedora being Abner? It would certainly explain a LOT of things... and, since Abner's identity STILL isn't confirmed as of CS (and therefore would likely never be in film)... why NOT?

Well, this really isn't the place to have this conversation, but among other things, Marion would have kidded Indy to no end about his copying her father's manner of dress and Abner Ravenwood just doesn't seem remotely to be that sort of unscrupulous figure. He was Indy's mentor, yes, but the few hints we get suggest he was one of his better angels; Fedora had some sort of honor, yes, but I don't expect to see Abner digging for the Cross of Coronado at a private collector's behest with a motley crew of ruffians helping him. But your mileage may vary.

At any rate, the link I posted and from which Vance quoted is the first I've heard of Wave 4. Lovely. Curious...theraider.net notes that Wave 3 is coming in September and Wave 4 in July, although I suspect that's on false analogy with when the LC and ToD action figures are released.

Montana_Jones

Attila the Professor said:
Well, this really isn't the place to have this conversation, but among other things, Marion would have kidded Indy to no end about his copying her father's manner of dress and Abner Ravenwood just doesn't seem remotely to be that sort of unscrupulous figure. He was Indy's mentor, yes, but the few hints we get suggest he was one of his better angels; Fedora had some sort of honor, yes, but I don't expect to see Abner digging for the Cross of Coronado at a private collector's behest with a motley crew of ruffians helping him. But your mileage may vary.

At any rate, the link I posted and from which Vance quoted is the first I've heard of Wave 4. Lovely. Curious...theraider.net notes that Wave 3 is coming in September and Wave 4 in July, although I suspect that's on false analogy with when the LC and ToD action figures are released.
I had the subtitles on last week when I was watching my 2003 2.35:1 OAR DVD of Last Crusade and Fedora's called "Garth".

I'd rather Hasbro keep with themed scene specific waves for the particular film said rotational wave is focusing on.:gun:

Niteshade007

Attila the Professor said:

I agree with your thoughts. Although I am still bothered that Indy modeled his look after a thief.

Vance

Niteshade007 said:
I agree with your thoughts. Although I am still bothered that Indy modeled his look after a thief.

Indy was a thief, if you're going to look at it like that. His OWN exploits were highly illegal (see the begining of Raiders). But, honestly, we don't know too much about Abner or his crew. They could have been hired due to still-present 'outlaw' danger in the area, or just because they've got strong backs, or what have you.

Uki

So far I really like the Belloq set, mostly for the wicked cool and inappropriately adorable Ghost. (I don't have any of the Crystal Skull sets yet. I waited to get any KOTCS merch until after seeing the movie, and used all of my "fun-money" on the 3 3/4" figures. I do intend to snare these sets soon.)

I like that the AH sets have some characters we've yet to see in the Main Line (said Ghost, Dovchenko in his US Army duds...).

Agent Z

Going off the thread's question, my favorite set would also be the Indy/Dovchenko one. Love the little crystal skull with Indy. All that's missing from it are some uber-cute flesheating ants. :p

My favorite AH figure is the Spalko one, of course. Awwww, so cute! (y)

FETT1

/...ALL OF 'em...my daughter loves em ..So do I ..
GREAT PRICE POINT..GREAT PLAYABILITY...COOL sculpts...
and here's a COOL idea HASBUTT...have a food promo...like Mcdonald's(WINK WINK - clone wars COMING SOON) and have these in HAPPY MEALS...
PLEASE NO MORE BKing...JUST awful!

FETT1

Errex

Well, I'm partial to the Indy/Hovito set. Pretty much quintaessential Indy (golden idol in one hand, a tarantula sculpted on his back) and a tribal warrior to chase after him.:D

"Bellosh"

I'm just dying for that TOD wave...I think I'll get all 3 and then pick 3 others to get the mail-in Indy w/ horse.