New Acquisitions!!

lao che & sons

Today I found some most interesting indy items. I was at a huge flea market and I spotted the temple of doom read-along record... unopened just like my r=aiders of the lost ark!(y) I was most happy and was just about ready to go along with my star wars haul when I spotted a stack of old envelopes...

here comes the good part. I looked though them only to find an old envelope with the air mail red and blue stripes just like in kingdom of the crstal skull. I looked at it then noticed that it was sent to chicago, IL (just like in the movie!) I was ready to buy it when I noticed something else the return adress was in panama! (around the area in the movie) it was better when I saw the stamp looked like the movie one too! then I saw the date I I almost fainted it was post marked september 10, 1957!!!!! So this is about as close to that letter as possible for only a buck! Plus the movie was set in the fall.

Is that not creepy?:D

ROB98374

Got some old sealed tape/record story books, some regular books, and movie magazines.
DSCF2976.jpg

DSCF2977.jpg

DSCF2981.jpg

ROB98374 said:
Got some old sealed tape/record story books, some regular books, and movie magazines.
DSCF2976.jpg
MY GOD! I WANT that cassette! I have that whole package, (the LP) but as a kid I had that one! I listened to that cassette before going to sleep every night! The effects, the music, the dialog! Shame they included the narrarator for Temple and Crusade, even though Crusade's was John Rys-Davies.

Congratulations, can I ask what you paid, where you found it?

indyclone25

i picked up both raiders and temple on cassette a few months back i hope to play them one day when i get a decent cassette player i have a dual player now thats acting up so i don't dare put those cassettes in---- dont forget about the downloading source that has my copies from my records for the both of these and last crusade too
Raiders of the Lost Ark: The Movie on Record
45:08 minutes
http://www.sendspace.com/file/zv2f6p
The Story of Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
46:52 minutes
http://www.sendspace.com/file/qmgzgc
The Story of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
51:16 minutes
http://www.sendspace.com/file/ej5h88

indyclone25 said:
i picked up both raiders and temple on cassette a few months back i hope to play them one day when i get a decent cassette player i have a dual player now thats acting up so i don't dare put those cassettes in---- dont forget about the downloading source that has my copies from my records for the both of these and last crusade too
Raiders of the Lost Ark: The Movie on Record
45:08 minutes
http://www.sendspace.com/file/zv2f6p
The Story of Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
46:52 minutes
http://www.sendspace.com/file/qmgzgc
The Story of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
51:16 minutes
http://www.sendspace.com/file/ej5h88

Thanks again for those...I'd just like to get a hold of that cassette again! Thankfully the great booklet is with the LP as well! I'm still wondering the going price and where it was found!

ROB98374

Rocket Surgeon said:
MY GOD! I WANT that cassette! I have that whole package, (the LP) but as a kid I had that one! I listened to that cassette before going to sleep every night! The effects, the music, the dialog! Shame they included the narrarator for Temple and Crusade, even though Crusade's was John Rys-Davies.

Congratulations, can I ask what you paid, where you found it?

It was $20 shipped for the whole package on ebay. I've seen just the Raiders book and tape for less by itself.

ROB98374

lao che & sons said:
what exactly are those? are they film reels? and you do mean KOTCS right?
They are 35mm film reels. They are for KOTCS, but maybe they made a mistake and sent Indy V?!

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
I ordered the 35MM trailers when I projected the trilogy in college. We had a huge box of trailers, ordered for free or next to nothing from some supplier who expected them back but really didn't enforce it. Flat means a 1.85:1 ratio and Scope means 2.35:1, like the Indy movies themselves. For every print of a movie I'm guessing there must be 5 or 10 trailers attached to other movies by that studio (or elsewhere, determined by deals between studios or simply spliced in by projectionists). For KotCS, possibly tens of thousands of trailers for North America alone. Most theaters probably send them back or toss them, otherwise they'd pile up in no time.

So, at 24 frames per second, ROB98374 just purchased 2640 frames of film per trailer he could snip out and sell to suckers. I wonder if people do this on ebay?

indyclone25

im sure do? and the make a nice picture with it with a few cells with and a fake harrison ford signature and sell it for 50-100 bucks

ROB98374

Moedred said:
So, at 24 frames per second, ROB98374 just purchased 2640 frames of film per trailer he could snip out and sell to suckers. I wonder if people do this on ebay?

I bought this for my personal colection. I was thinking I MIGHT print a few picutres from it. But they would be for my OWN use.
I'm not selling these to ANYONE.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
You could ask a second-run distributor where to get trailers nobody wants anymore. Swank and Films Incorporated combined represented all the major studios in the 90's, so they would probably know. They also sold us their own press kits and posters, but not the 2-sided kinds that illuminate from behind. The second-run films (several months old) were stored and shipped weekly from a regional depot, but by then most prints probably had been returned to the studio. Lord knows what Paramount did with 12000 KotCS prints from around the world. A 2-hour movie will usually ship in two 40-pound tire-sized canisters with three 2000-foot reels each. It's an interesting phase, when films open huge but aren't yet distributed digitally, requiring tons of celluloid. Am I mistaken or does one of our uber collectors have a print?

Edit: I know you're not going to sell your trailers for parts ROB, I was just informing collectors how common these things are.

Last edited:
Moedred said:
You could ask a second-run distributor where to get trailers nobody wants anymore. Swank and Films Incorporated combined represented all the major studios in the 90's, so they would probably know. They also sold us their own press kits and posters, but not the 2-sided kinds that illuminate from behind. The second-run films (several months old) were stored and shipped weekly from a regional depot, but by then most prints probably had been returned to the studio. Lord knows what Paramount did with 12000 KotCS prints from around the world. A 2-hour movie will usually ship in two 40-pound tire-sized canisters with three 2000-foot reels each. It's an interesting phase, when films open huge but aren't yet distributed digitally, requiring tons of celluloid. Am I mistaken or does one of our uber collectors have a print?

My previous occupation was Manager of the Central Canadian Technicolor warehouse; KOTCS prints were 7-reels and (as most prints) destroyed upon release to DVD. Some warehouses will be instructed to keep 1 print for another 1-2 years but usually they are all destroyed right away. The prints are boxed and sent to a recycling plant where they are shredded and recycled into plastic materials.

It is unlikely that anyone has a 35mm print as they are all accounted for and monitored from creation-to-destruction.

lao che & sons

Ordered the Todd's Bag yesterday. I've heard good things and a few bad things but mostly good. I can't wait for it to come. Does anyone know what the avg. ship time is on priority mail($8.90)? I also got a good Indy shirt but I have to bleach it b/c it's to dark.

Insomniac

throwmetheidol said:
My previous occupation was Manager of the Central Canadian Technicolor warehouse; KOTCS prints were 7-reels and (as most prints) destroyed upon release to DVD. Some warehouses will be instructed to keep 1 print for another 1-2 years but usually they are all destroyed right away. The prints are boxed and sent to a recycling plant where they are shredded and recycled into plastic materials.

It is unlikely that anyone has a 35mm print as they are all accounted for and monitored from creation-to-destruction.

Than how the hell can we ever hope to have this replayed like some theater do!

This makes me sad!