Worst movie ever!! Whats your opinion?

The Man

Ahh, the fruits of Scientology...

dvdcover.jpg

ReggieSnake

Iandiana said:
However, I will read the books. I'm meeting you halfways you stinking Hippies!
Hope you enjoy them.;)

Here's my advice: Try not to be critical while reading it, just live in the story for a while and then come back and be critical later. Also, you might consider reading The Hobbit first. It was written to be more of a children's tale, but it is a great adventure and gives you a pretty good insight into the world that the slightly more dramatic and epic Lord of the Rings takes place.

deckard24

Iandiana said:
100 movies worse than Cloverfield?

1. Van Helsing
2. Starsky and Hutch
3. Freddy's Dead
4. Alone In The Dark
5. House Of The Dead
6. Amazon Women On The Moon
7. House Of The Dead 2
8. Man With The Screaming Brain
9. Red Dragon
10. Hellraiser 6
11. Dukes Of Hazzard
12. Starship Troopers 2
13. The Ring (remake)
14. And it's sequel
15. Scream 3
16. Mr Magorium's Wonder Emporium
17. Lord Of The Rings 1
18. And 2
19. And 3
20. Sleuth (2007)

I'm sure the rest would be easy to find but I'm too lazy and about to watch The Brothers Solomon and hope it doesn't go on the list.

I guess it's all a question of personal preference. I loved Cloverfield even if Hud was annoyingly vocal.
Lord of the Rings 1?? As in The Fellowship of the Ring, not the animated Ralph Bashki film? Are you serious?:confused:

UltimateManGod

deckard24 said:
Lord of the Rings 1?? As in The Fellowship of the Ring, not the animated Ralph Bashki film? Are you serious?:confused:

He's got all three on there actually. The "And 2" and "And 3" under the first. Though I haven't seen Cloverfield, I can tell you there is no way I could consider it a better movie than the LOTR movies. To each his own though.

Deckard

UltimateManGod said:
He's got all three on there actually. The "And 2" and "And 3" under the first. Though I haven't seen Cloverfield, I can tell you there is no way I could consider it a better movie than the LOTR movies. To each his own though.

I have to agree while Im not a huge Lotr fan, I will admit it's more well made then Cloverfield, but I also tend to judge it as a trilogy more then 3 single movies.

deckard24

UltimateManGod said:
I completely understand someone just not liking the movies, but to list them as the worst ever made just seems a little far fetched to me! There are some incredibly awful films out there, and the LOTR Trilogy is far from them! House of the Dead, White Chicks, Gigli... yeah those I can see on a list of worst movies ever made. To me, to rank the LOTR films as some of the worst ever made, is on par with putting the original Star Wars Trilogy and Indiana Jones series on the list too!

To each his own is right though!

Dr._Jones said:
the omega man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(n)

Omega Man rocks.

Now I've only seen the end of the awful bastardization, I Am Legend... but yeah, I nominate that. Terrible. Leave it to Will Smith to bastardize a Charlton Heston flick.

And I hear the original with Vincent Price is pretty stellar too...

Dr._Jones

let me take back what i just posted. the worst movies(s) ever made were the deathwish series. Id rather watch paint dry than watch those.

colossal.jpg

kong.jpg

The Colossal poster tells us he's seventy foot... Look at the size of the guy!
Seventy foot to his knees!

Note the use of the word colossal for both movies. Must have been the hip word at the time.

Iandiana

Ahem... deep breath.

I've not stated that the LOTR trilogy are some of the worst movies ever made. Someone said 100 worse movies than cloverfield and, as I consider Cloverfield to be a pretty stellar movie, that leaves a lot of movies IMO under that banner. Would I rewatch them? No, like I've said I don't see the attraction and have already stated I respect Jackson for his work on the trilogy. King Kong on the other hand was absolute garbage. A big, fat CGI mess of a movie in which so little emotion was generated by the end I wanted the monkey dead just so I could go to the bathroom. Van Helsing, Starsky and Hutch and Dukes Of Hazzard were pretty bloody terrible though - and not in the fun but crap Uwe Boll way.

That said I watched Gigli to see if all the negative buzz was worthy and was pretty amazed at what an enjoyable film it was. It isn't anything incredible but it does what it does well. Sadly, Ben Affleck was critically blacklisted over his relationship with Jlo and as a result quite a few of his films were immediatly trashed despite them being good. Jersey Girl and Paycheck were two others (and Paycheck is way better than Minority Report IMO). Affleck has received such a bashing that many haven't probably seen his performance in Hollywoodland - a film that, despite it's flaws, serves an Affleck performance worthy of an Oscar.

But, as has been said, To each his own.

UltimateManGod

Iandiana said:
Ahem... deep breath.

I've not stated that the LOTR trilogy are some of the worst movies ever made. Someone said 100 worse movies than cloverfield and, as I consider Cloverfield to be a pretty stellar movie, that leaves a lot of movies IMO under that banner. Would I rewatch them? No, like I've said I don't see the attraction and have already stated I respect Jackson for his work on the trilogy. King Kong on the other hand was absolute garbage. A big, fat CGI mess of a movie in which so little emotion was generated by the end I wanted the monkey dead just so I could go to the bathroom. Van Helsing, Starsky and Hutch and Dukes Of Hazzard were pretty bloody terrible though - and not in the fun but crap Uwe Boll way.

I see your point now. It was kind of lost in my initial reaction of seeing the thread name, then seeing all three listed by you. Now that I know what was actually going on, my apologies if I came across too strongly. Like I said, I haven't seen Cloverfield, but it does look interesting. And from what I've read, people either loved it or hated it. I never saw much middle ground. Considering LOTR is one of my three favorite movie series, I don't think that even if I enjoyed Cloverfield, it would top LOTR for me. But that doesn't mean it could be a movie I enjoy. I didn't think King Kong was too bad, but none of those others were that great.