General Indy 5 Thread - rumors and possibilities

Honestly...will there be another Indy film in the next decade?

• Total voters

indyrcks

Why can't they not persuade Sean Connery to come back so what if we see two elderly men like Harrison and Sean got on well together in The Last Crusade, and don't have Mutt as the lead character.

Indy~Annie

indyrcks said:
Why can't they not persuade Sean Connery to come back so what if we see two elderly men like Harrison and Sean got on well together in The Last Crusade, and don't have Mutt as the lead character.

cause Henrys dead.:dead: bummer.....

indyrcks

well what's wrong if they like rose him from the dead or would that be stupid to bring someone who is dead back

indyrcks

well it would surprise fans so it will and sure Sean Connery would rock if he did come back but I don't see that a possibility do you

indyrcks

xin_090603091508763487625.jpg

Indy~Annie

it sure would surprise fan alright.lol

i do have my doubts about him coming back though.:p may be....just may be!!!he he

i asked you in your thread if i could add you as a friend cause i read some of your posts and u sound nice....not like im stalking you or anything.lol

so can i adds you? :)

indyrcks

I don't know what the problem is with Sean Connery coming back sure Harrison had got on well with his on screen father

No Ticket

indyrcks said:
I don't know what the problem is with Sean Connery coming back sure Harrison had got on well with his on screen father

He probably read the KOTCS script and said, "I'm not coming out of retirement for THAT. It's not even as good as Last Crusade."

... which makes sense.

And yeah, it would be dumb to bring him back now that it's established he passed away.

indyrcks

All you have to say is negative comments and maybe it doesn't fit in well with the others but so what they wanted to start afresh why don't you think Harrison looked good as Indy

No Ticket

indyrcks said:
All you have to say is negative comments and maybe it doesn't fit in well with the others but so what they wanted to start afresh why don't you think Harrison looked good as Indy

Yeah but see, it's true that it doesn't fit in well with the others and it's not as good of a screenplay as the others. And likely, Sean Connery wasn't going to come out of retirement for a so-so pic like this, if he even read it.

And it would be dumb to bring him back since in the film Indy seems to have seen his father die, gone to the funeral and all that. It is inferred that there is no doubt about it. He's dead. And it would be lame to bring him back now.

Unless it was a prequel of course. But trust me, Sean Connery isn't coming out of retirement again.

You may not like what I have to say but it's the truth whether it's negative or not. You can like KOTCS all day long but it is not as good as LC, that's just a fact.

No Ticket

agentsands77 said:
It's not a fact at all.

Yes it is. If you take everything as "but it's subjective and only your opinion" then nothing is ever better or worse than anything. Therefore all opinions given and arguments made on it's quality become worthless. Truth is, it is a better screenplay... it has Sean Connery... the traps at the end are better... and it felt more like Raiders then KOTCS. It got more right than KOTCS did.

There's more chance of KOTCS being an enjoyable movie than Sean Connery coming back!

Besides, KOTCS didn't need Connery - it just needed to be great!

agentsands77

No Ticket said:
Yes it is. If you take everything as "but it's subjective and only your opinion" then nothing is ever better or worse than anything.
I don't necessarily take that stance, but do you have to admit there's a fair bit of subjectivity involved. Art is a relational. I don't think that makes evaluation pointless (in fact, I think it's essential), and there's some sense in which we can get at truth in film evaluation, but I don't think you can speak of it in terms of "fact." Nothing so solid.

No Ticket said:
Truth is, it is a better screenplay...
Maybe.

No Ticket said:
it has Sean Connery...
Who I find as irritating and offensive as any element of KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL.

No Ticket said:
the traps at the end are better...
Sure. But since when did this become a primary criteria?

No Ticket said:
and it felt more like Raiders then KOTCS. It got more right than KOTCS did.
Don't agree.

I think LAST CRUSADE is pretty mediocre, myself, and that KINGDOM and it are about approximate in quality from any semi-objective stance I could take.

No Ticket

agentsands77 said:
I think LAST CRUSADE is pretty mediocre, myself, and that KINGDOM and it are about approximate in quality from any semi-objective stance I could take.

I'm sorry, I just disagree.