Go Back   The Raven > The Films > Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
User Name
Password

Old 07-26-2012, 04:19 AM   #226
Montana Smith
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo
There are levels & degrees of nerdism and the superhero/Batman fan level is SUPER HIGH! Have Indiana Jones fans ever been muzzled from commenting on a Rancid Potatoes website?

I've never partaken of the Festering Turnip, so I wouldn't know.

Several have been permanently muzzled in this joint. As a result this place has been lingering in the doldrums.

The fire has gone out of Indy's universe. The Raven needs to burn again before that other Dark Knight can rise once more.

Lucas and Spielberg are responsible for the hate.

Nolan showed what could be done with a pulp character. He injected pathos and melodrama. Raiders had that, too. KOTCS was nothing but airy fluff. It was an insignficant nothingness.

Lucas and Spielberg. Two men trying to recapture their youth, but not quite remembering what it was that made it good.

Lucas, forever tinkering, forever 'perfecting', forever playing.

I don't think I want to play any more.
Montana Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 10:07 PM   #227
Stoo
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattzilla2010
Batman/superhero fans are also far greater in number, thereby increasing the chances of more bad apples. The angry nerds who cause internet hullabaloo are a highly vocal minority, nothing more.
Once again, Mattzilla, you are a voice of reason, however, that doesn't excuse those particular angry nerds' behaviour. Vocal minority, for sure, but...death threats? Have you ever encountered an instance where the words, "Indiana Jones" and "angry nerds" were used in the same headline of a professional news agency?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Smith
I've never partaken of the Festering Turnip, so I wouldn't know.
Nor do I visit the Decayed Cucumber website but one doesn't need to visit it to hear what goes on there. Even you, Smiffy, posted a link to a Daily Mail article about the muzzling of the Bat-nerds so you did know about it by other means. The affair was even reported on TV news broadcasts! (All before the movie even premiered to the public. Indy fans didn't react that way toward the advanced, negative reviews of "Crystal Skull".)
Quote:
Several have been permanently muzzled in this joint. As a result this place has been lingering in the doldrums.
Some (not all) of the people who've been permanently muzzled in this joint had a particular thing in common: They were rabid Dork Knight fans!
Quote:
Nolan showed what could be done with a pulp character.
Yes, Nolan showed that a pulp character could privately speak to a confidant in a ridiculously raspy voice without that person saying, "Bruce, why the hell are you talking to me like that?"

The rest of your post, my dear friend, clearly illustrates that you are a Batman fan who perpetuates the "Skull" hate.
Stoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 11:22 PM   #228
Montana Smith
IndyFan

Quote:
Yes, Nolan showed that a pulp character could privately speak to a confidant in a ridiculously raspy voice without that person saying, "Bruce, why the hell are you talking to me like that?"

Makes perfect sense. There's every chance they could be overheard or bugged.

Quote:
The rest of your post, my dear friend, clearly illustrates that you are a Batman fan who perpetuates the "Skull" hate.

I've grown to hate most of the Festering Turnip that is Skull. It's an abomination on the scale of The Phantom Menace.

Having just watched the Blu-ray Star Wars Original Trilogy. Dodgy Special Edition CGI aside, it illustrates Lucas in his prime. In the '80s he was at the top of his game. The difference in execution between the OT and the PT in terms of character and writing (and not to mention acting) is immense. The same can be said of the Indy OT and Skull.

Lucas was the controlling factor. He's the man responsible. With Skull he had the benefit of sharing the blame with Spielberg.

The difference between Nolan and Lucas is that the former is where the latter was in the '80s.
Old 07-27-2012, 01:39 AM   #229
mattzilla2010
IndyFan

Quote:
Once again, Mattzilla, you are a voice of reason, however, that doesn't excuse those particular angry nerds' behaviour. Vocal minority, for sure, but...death threats? Have you ever encountered an instance where the words, "Indiana Jones" and "angry nerds" were used in the same headline of a professional news agency?
No, their behavior is quite inexcusable, but I was just offering up an explanation. I'm a HUGE Batman fan, and I would be offended to be lumped into the same group as those Festering Turnips.

WE'RE NOT ALL THE SAME!!!!

Quote:
I've grown to hate most of the Festering Turnip that is Skull. It's an abomination on the scale of The Phantom Menace.
At least they stopped with one new film for Indy as opposed to three.
mattzilla2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 02:52 AM   #230
Montana Smith
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattzilla2010
At least they stopped with one new film for Indy as opposed to three.

Hopefully stopped! However, it may give Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus a run for its money.

Threats of #5 emerge from time to time, only to be countered by a soothing denial from another quarter.

Imagine, though, if Nolan were to return to Batman in 19 years' time. He would probably be as out of touch as Lucas was with KOTCS and the PT, and become a new focus for hate.
Old 07-27-2012, 04:35 AM   #231
mattzilla2010
IndyFan

Quote:
Imagine, though, if Nolan were to return to Batman in 19 years' time. He would probably be as out of touch as Lucas was with KOTCS and the PT, and become a new focus for hate.
I shudder to think. But then there's a chance I'd like it. After all, I do genuinely like KOTCS. But the PT, not so much... so hypothetically it could go either way.

But let's hope we never have to find out. As Lucas has proved, there's too much room for error.
mattzilla2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 01:35 AM   #232
jeshopk
IndyFan

All I know is, I put on Crystal Skull once every few months, and I've watched Dark Knight only 3 times. If I had to choose at any given moment, I'd much rather watch Crystal Skull than Dark Knight. Dark Knight is just a cop drama. Crystal Skull is a fun adventure movie. And things like John Carter or The Mummy series I do not watch either. Even the worst Spielberg Directed Indy movie with Harrison Ford and music by John Williams would be better than any of that. Lucas and Spielberg can only fail next to their best works, but their work is still better than others.
jeshopk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 01:14 PM   #233
replican't

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeshopk
All I know is, I put on Crystal Skull once every few months, and I've watched Dark Knight only 3 times. If I had to choose at any given moment, I'd much rather watch Crystal Skull than Dark Knight. Dark Knight is just a cop drama. Crystal Skull is a fun adventure movie. And things like John Carter or The Mummy series I do not watch either. Even the worst Spielberg Directed Indy movie with Harrison Ford and music by John Williams would be better than any of that. Lucas and Spielberg can only fail next to their best works, but their work is still better than others.

Drugs and therapy might help. But it does sound serious.
replican't is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 06:48 PM   #234
kongisking
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by replican't

Sigh...

tencharacters
kongisking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 06:26 PM   #235
Nurhachi1991
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by replican't

No dude he is right...

All the Dark Knight was is.

Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah, JOKER!, Blah, Blah,Blah,Blah JUSTICE!, Blah,Blah,Blah, WHY YOU WANNA KILL ME??,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah, Cool fight scene!,Blah,Blah,Blah, WHERE IS HE??, Blah,Blah,Blah, RACHEL!!, Blah,Blah,Blah. End
Nurhachi1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 08:06 PM   #236
kongisking
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurhachi1991
No dude he is right...

All the Dark Knight was is.

Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah, JOKER!, Blah, Blah,Blah,Blah JUSTICE!, Blah,Blah,Blah, WHY YOU WANNA KILL ME??,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah, Cool fight scene!,Blah,Blah,Blah, WHERE IS HE??, Blah,Blah,Blah, RACHEL!!, Blah,Blah,Blah. End

I could lie and say I'm surprised to see that this was how you saw TDK, in light of how similarly you missed the merits of LOTR, but I won't. I'm not that big of a turd.
Old 08-09-2012, 04:31 PM   #237
Club Obi-Wan
IndyFan

New person! Hi!

New person to the forum!
I'm sure this has been discussed, but, I'm a huge Batman fan and, brace yourself, I enjoy "Crystal Skull".

To me, it pressed all of my correct emotional buttons. Sure, I have an issue with the soundstage sets and with Mutt and the CG monkeys, but, I still enjoyed it.
Club Obi-Wan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 07:10 PM   #238
kongisking
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Club Obi-Wan
New person to the forum!
I'm sure this has been discussed, but, I'm a huge Batman fan and, brace yourself, I enjoy "Crystal Skull".

To me, it pressed all of my correct emotional buttons. Sure, I have an issue with the soundstage sets and with Mutt and the CG monkeys, but, I still enjoyed it.

Welcome to the site, friend. But you do realize you posted in a Batman thread, right? Your post seems to be more about Indy than Batman, and if there's one thing I can tell ya, it's to NEVER talk about one more than the other here. There are some serious haters waiting to take the bait...

But I digress. Welcome.