Roy Neary boarding Mothership

Sea Monarch

Salutations, fellow Raveners. "I'm the Monarch of the Sea", and one of the original Vanguard Indiana Jones fans who before discovering the Raider.net and the Raven, felt how John Dunbar in Dances With Wolves must have felt. All alone, guarding the outpost, hoping I'm not the only one and hoping for reinforcements to arrive. Upon discovering the Raven, I felt like Roy Neary (Ricky Dreyfuss) in Close Encounters of the Third Kind, in other words, "We are not alone". NOW I FEEL I'M FINALLY BOARDING THE MOTHERSHIP!!! AND I AM STOKED!!! I'm like guy you knew in school that was into Punk, Swing, and Indy before It was di rigor, or the flavor of the month. Difference is I knew there must be other life out there somewhere, and unlike most music snobs, I am thrilled to have new converts, and Brothers and Sisters in Arms. After all, strength in numbers, and the more the merrier. I have been actively visiting this site off and on for the last 2 1/2 - 3 1/2 yrs. and I have got a bit of a feel for some of the personality traits of fellow Raveners. Mostly good. Anyhow, I'm thrilled that there are so many more of you, that we are not alone and that this site exists. I'm honored to join, and be joined by all of you. You have impeccable taste obviously! Now that I'm at the Raven Bar, "give me the good stuff". :gun:

Montana Smith

Welcome to the asylum!

The Raven is a very secure environment. I've tried to escape on a couple of occasions, but have always been brought back within a few weeks.

I thought I saw you lurking outside the walls. At least you chose the best place, since I've been in others that weren't too pleasant or comfy. The guards are friendly, and the cells are nicely padded.

:hat:

Indy's brother

Welcome aboard, Sea Monarch, and nice handle btw! I often wish I would have put a little more thought into mine and had come up with something without "Indy" in it.

The Drifter

Indy's brother said:
Welcome aboard, Sea Monarch, and nice handle btw! I often wish I would have put a little more thought into mine and had come up with something without "Indy" in it.

You can always change it by PMing Gilles V. I've thought of fixing the typo in my user-name, but I have grown used to it, so I never bothered.
Also, welcome to The Raven, Monarch!

Sea Monarch

"...provisions and tanks"

Indy's Brother said:

Thanks for the props, all of you. For what it's worth, Indys brother, I have always thought your locale descript with the laser pointer is quite clever.
And you know, Drifter, I don't think I ever noticed you as LONsome before until you mentioned it. Now I suppose I'll always think of you as Lon. ;)

I'd also like to thank Annie and the academy. But seriously. Well I think this may be the time and place to mention a few last nutshell bits about myself regarding general info on my Indy fandom. I saw all 4 of the movies the best way possible. In the theater, and the first 3 as a young boy. Been a fan since '81 as I know some of you have also been. Some of lifes little blessings. I acquired and sported my first fedora some time before Last Crusade was on the horizon. First words I typed on my first Internet search in 1994 was Indiana Jones. First Ebay purchase I made in 2000 was Indy merchandise. As garth in Wayne's World said,
"I like to play". But more about such thing to come on other threads. And now on with the countdown. :whip:

Last edited by a moderator:

adventure_al

Welcome aboard.

After the most recent Indy installment the site has seen a rise in younger fans. Which is great, its nice to have such a diverse group of members. However I personally would like some of the more mature fans to contribute again for a better balance.

As you seem to be able to string a few sentences together you'll be a welcome addition I'm sure! Which will compliment a number of already very interesting group of folks who frequent the forum. (y)