Bashing Crusade on IMDb

LostArk

NYCGoldenIdol said:
That's weird about LC getting bashed. It was one of the best Indy flicks next to Raiders.
What's even weirder is that the person posted it in the KotCS forum.

BadDates

The Stranger said:
It's NOT petroleum... it's water. Petroleum was only at the entrance of the catacomb, and almost surely well insulated from the rest of the tunnels.

Oh... my...

I don't remember getting the impression that the area where Indy identifies petroleum was insulated from the rest of the tunnels but I think it was only meant to be a very small quantity forming a thin layer, floating on top, as such liquids are less dense than water...so what they were swimming through was good old fashioned Venetian lagoon water, mixed with choice extracts of bones and rats, that had flooded the catacombs as the city slowly sank. I'm not sure that I'd fancy swimming through that much more than through petroleum though...unless I were being pursued by the Brotherhood of the Cruciform Sword of course! :)

OK, this is the most trivial post I've ever made but I'm glad to fight the good fight even in a small way and defend LC against those haters on IMDB!

Benraianajones

Paul2572 said:
My opinion is just enjoy Indiana Jones period. I sure do.

Excellent! If only more felt that way! Seriously, I hate people digging at any of the films, and their "realism", to try and place the others "on the podium", just enjoy them (though Raiders probably has the least "outlandish" Indy stunts - still it isn't my "fave" - I like them all equally!). I'd rather watch Indy films than most of the rubbish put out now days.

Flash Dixson

Benraianajones said:
I've noticed with the new movie release, I have began to appreciate all the movies more, because it only goes to show just how different each film is to the other, but still retaining that Indy spirit. I have a big urge to watch T.O.D at the moment.

I also agree with Agentsands, but the only reason one (me, especially) needs to remove them rose coloured glasses to examine fairly, is because of constant haters ranting "this isn't realistic" etc, when in reality, all of them have those kind of moments. Though in reality, I don't view through rose coloured glasses, I love all the movies anyway.
You know thats funny because just today I was thinking about all the people who say skull is so unrealistic, but if you think about it everysingel movies, there are very few movies i have seen that i can say, that was dead on. And I realy never cared how unrealistic, as long as it is in the realm of realism, like if indy glew away from the atomic bomb, just hopped up and flew like superman, and gave no reason, to how or why later, then I would be like "What the **** ?" butthats realy it. I love all movies very much and I hope they continue this great movie series as long as possibel.

BadDates

Hey, you're right...I should have read the last few lines of the IMDB post! Still, my comment on one of his "criticisms" still stands :)

indyrcks

That's sad bashing Last Crusade I think everything about the last crusade is just brilliant and I love the father son element in it.:whip:

The Man

indyrcks said:
That's sad bashing Last Crusade I think everything about the last crusade is just brilliant and I love the father son element in it.:whip:

Ford and Connery are one of the greatest double-acts in movie history. Every second they're together is wonderful.

indyrcks

I liked the bit where Henry Jones Sr said I find if I just sit down here and think and Indy just fall down the stairs and Henry the solution presents itself what were your favourite scenes from The Last Crusade and I know this is the wrong thread :whip:

The Man

indyrcks said:
I liked the bit where Henry Jones Sr said I find if I just sit down here and think and Indy just fall down the stairs and Henry the solution presents itself what were your favourite scenes from The Last Crusade and I know this is the wrong thread :whip:

Exactly. Ford is man enough to give up the limelight while still strangely staying in it himself. There isn't a single dud-moment between the two.

indyrcks

What is your favourite bits from The Last Crusade, I liked the bit where Indy saved his father and when he reappeared from falling down from the tank and Henry thought he was dead and Indy just reappears that's just so cute when his father hugs his son.

The Man

indyrcks said:
What is your favourite bits from The Last Crusade, I liked the bit where Indy saved his father and when he reappeared from falling down from the tank and Henry thought he was dead and Indy just reappears that's just so cute when his father hugs his son.

Pretty much all of it! Certainly once father and son come together. It's just a perfect feel-good movie...

indyrcks

But I didn't like it when Indy says Jesus Christ isn't that what makes his father say That's for blasphemy

michael

indyrcks said:
348.jpg

I always get goosebumps during this scene! With the music, it really is one of the truly great emotional moments in any of the films.