Grimoire Maudit

Stoo

DoomTown said:
THESE ARE EXCELLENT! Thanks so much for your work on these...I just ordered "Cité de la Foudre" online, and found your translation for "Secret of the Pyramid", looking forward to being able to download the complete story when "Grimoire Maudit" is finished! (y)
You're very welcome, Keith.:) When you get "Cité de la Foudre" be sure to check out the translation here: Cité de la Foudre
JuniorJones said:
Just give me the text that you would like to be amended and I'll sort. Once they make you a "made man" you can modify the links.
Will do after "Grimoire" is finished. As for the "made man" bit, don't count on it!

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Stoo said:
Will do after "Grimoire" is finished. As for the "made man" bit, don't count on it!

JasonKing.jpg

How could they resist?

DoomTown

Stoo said:
You're very welcome, Keith.:) When you get "Cité de la Foudre" be sure to check out the translation here: Cité de la Foudre

You can count on it! Any idea when the entire translation for Grimoire Maudit will be finished? Will there be a .pdf to download the entire comic? Why do I have so many questions? :confused:

(Thanks Stoo!)

Johnny Jones

Stoo said:
Good to see you back at The Raven, Johnny Jones:hat:
Thanks Stoo, glad to be back. I do read the threads more often than I post in them but I will try to contribute more.
Oh, so glad Indy gets to go up against some Nazis this time, just for a change of pace :p He's probably seen more Nazis than ever actually existed in real life. I did find it amusing that they just had to change "van" to "von", and when he started speaking German at first I thought the writers were just too lazy to know the difference between that and Dutch.

DoomTown

So, I was able to track down the other 2 books in hardcover, but having a hard time finding "Grimoire Maudit". Anybody have any leads? Any help would be greatly appreciated! :hat:

Stoo

DoomTown said:
You can count on it! Any idea when the entire translation for Grimoire Maudit will be finished? Will there be a .pdf to download the entire comic? Why do I have so many questions? :confused:
Not many pages remain so it'll probably be finished within a month. Will there be a .pdf of the entire thing? That depends if someone out there volunteers to compile it. (Hopefully, it won't be in the .cbr format which JuniorJones-without a space likes to use!:p) If no one comes forward, I'll do the .pdf file, myself.

Note: After the transalation is finished, the credit page will be re-worked to include Junior Jones (with a space) since he has been instrumental in providing all the pages after DIrishB left off.
DoomTown said:
So, I was able to track down the other 2 books in hardcover, but having a hard time finding "Grimoire Maudit". Anybody have any leads? Any help would be greatly appreciated!:hat:
Keith, the only possible lead I could recommend would be: DIrishB (who contributed scans to this "Grimoire" thread & the "Foudre" one) put most of his Indy collection up for sale in August 2009, including his French Bagheera comics. You could try and contact him via PM and inquire about their fate (as a last resort, I have his e-mail).
Johnny Jones said:
I did find it amusing that they just had to change "van" to "von", and when he started speaking German at first I thought the writers were just too lazy to know the difference between that and Dutch.
I actually liked the van-to-von change!:)

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Stoo said:
(Hopefully, it won't be in the .cbr format which JuniorJones-without a space likes to use!:p)

I'll do both.

Cbr. Is the standard for veiwing digital comics and is basically a winzip cbz. or winrar file.

I tend to perfer cbr, simply for the fact you can get direct access to each individual page in your prefered image file format. With PDF, you can't without a specific programme.

Montana Smith

Stoo said:
Not many pages remain so it'll probably be finished within a month.

Barbra and Carrie are coming with the whip as encouragement. :whip:

JuniorJones said:
I'll do both.

Cbr. Is the standard for veiwing digital comics and is basically a winzip cbz. or winrar file.

I tend to perfer cbr, simply for the fact you can get direct access to each individual page in your prefered image file format. With PDF, you can't without a specific programme.

I also find .cbr more user friendly especially with the magnifier tool, though a .pdf is a tidier single file. Compiling Grimoire page by page lets it play like a .cbr anyway.

DoomTown

Stoo said:
Keith, the only possible lead I could recommend would be: DIrishB (who contributed scans to this "Grimoire" thread & the "Foudre" one) put most of his Indy collection up for sale in August 2009, including his French Bagheera comics. You could try and contact him via PM and inquire about their fate (as a last resort, I have his e-mail)

Thanks, Stoo. I sent him a PM a few weeks ago and never heard back...I may yet have to resort to the last resort. ;)

Stoo

DoomTown Keith: His e-mail address is on my other computer so when I get back to Switz, I'll shoot him a message asking him if he still has "Grimoire" because they're an interested buyer. Sound good?

DoomTown

Stoo said:
DoomTown Keith: His e-mail address is on my other computer so when I get back to Switz, I'll shoot him a message asking him if he still has "Grimoire" because they're an interested buyer. Sound good?

Perfect. No rush, I appreciate it! :hat:

Stoo

Part 15

@DoomTown: I contacted DIrishB via e-mail last week but still no reply...:(

The next 2 pages (with a whole lotta text!):

GrimoireMaudit_40_ENG.jpg

GrimoireMaudit_41_ENG.jpg

DoomTown

Stoo said:
@DoomTown: I contacted DIrishB via e-mail last week but still no reply...:(

No worries Stoo, thanks for the effort. :hat:

I think I may just have to wait for this translation to be finished to have the story...

Montana Smith

Moedred said:
I too expect the Hudson Hawk ending.

Will he finally get his hat/cappuccino?

In true Bond style, I think the villain will lose his lair.

Indy should get the girl, and bring her the cappuccino for breakfast.

Stoo

Moedred said:
Thanks Stoo, until now I guessed this was the story's basis:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KFC#The_secret_recipe
Moedred, when I saw "KFC" in your link, I frowned and thought, "In this interent age, is nothing sacred anymore?" but was relieved to find that the recipe for Kentucky Fried Chicken is still a mystery. (Unlike the secret 7X ingredient of Coca-Cola!:() The A&E Biography on Col. Sanders mentions that he wrote the recipe on the back of the kitchen door for his daughter, in case he died. Now it's in a vault with only 2 people who know the combination. Gotta love it!
Junior Jones said:
Here's an interesting article on the real Voynich Manuscript.

http://hotword.dictionary.com/voynich/?c1
Very interesting article. Thanks for posting it, Junior.:)
Montana Smith said:
Hmmm, I wonder whether that trickster Indy really gave von Meert the real formula...
This is 3rd time in the story that the formula has been repeated. I practically know it by heart now!
Moedred said:
Will he finally get his hat/cappuccino?
I could tell you that, before Junior sent me the rest of the scans he answered that question several months ago, but it would be much more fun to keep you in suspense.;)