Triangle des Bermudes

Icybro

I've translated another one those French-language Young Indy books: Indiana Jones Jr et le Triangle des Bermudes. I chose this one because
  • it's one of the more difficult books in the series to track down, and
  • the Bermuda Triangle was rumored, awhile back, to be making an appearance in Indy 5.

Check it out:

Young Indiana Jones and the Bermuda Triangle

Stoo

Way to go, Icybro.:) Excellent that you've translated another one. Much appreciated!(y) (I've been procrastinating on translating the one I promised to do, "Violon du Métropolitain".:eek:)

When I go on the site, it's all in Chinese or Japanese. After clicking around to try and download the file, it tells me (in English) that I have to sign up or log in to be able to download. Is there a way to access the .pdf file without signing up?:confused:

Icybro

Stoo said:
When I go on the site, it's all in Chinese or Japanese. After clicking around to try and download the file, it tells me (in English) that I have to sign up or log in to be able to download. Is there a way to access the .pdf file without signing up?:confused:

Oops! It's my first time using 4share.com, and I didn't realize you had to sign up to access files. I'll try to find a better file sharing service (any suggestions?) tonight and will post a new link as soon as I do.

Stoo

Icybro said:
Oops! It's my first time using 4share.com, and I didn't realize you had to sign up to access files. I'll try to find a better file sharing service (any suggestions?) tonight and will post a new link as soon as I do.
RapidShare is decent but I think the uploads eventually get deleted after a certain period of time. JuniorJones has already speedily e-mailed the file to me (THANKS, Juggernaut!:D) but using another site might be better for any other interested folks.

Icybro, I really like how you kept the text uniform with your "Fantôme du Klondike" translation and also how you included the cover this time. Nice job on changing the title on the cover, as well. You're a class act!:hat:

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Thanks again...and credit where credit is due consider a slight amendment when you upload...

YIT.jpg

Stoo: Your Welcome but it is all ICYBRO!

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Icybro said:

Do it by PM request for the link (Mediafire/Rapidshare/etc) this will stop the Magpies floating in.:D :cool: :cool:

Stoo

JuniorJones said:
Stoo: Your Welcome but it is all ICYBRO!
That's true. Nice going adding Icybro's name onto the cover. Faster than a speeding bullet!:gun:

Indeed, this story is a very rare one. In my notes, I don't even have a publishing date for it. The series began in 1990 but which year did this book come out? c.1996?:confused:

Junior Jones

This is why I love the Raven! (y)
Where else could you find English translations of rare Indy stories, both book and graphic novel?

Someday I'll get around to offering my translation of Hohlbein's Gefeiderte Schlange. I used Google translate since I can't read German, but it's still barely readable. It will take a lot of work to get if from Googlish to English.

Icybro

Thanks for the kind words, everybody. And sorry again for that crappy 4shared.com link... Hopefully this Mediafire one will work better:

Young Indiana Jones and the Bermuda Triangle

The file at this link has been tweaked a little: I optimized the graphics to bring the size down (from 12MB to about 2.5MB) and gave myself some credit on the title page. (Great idea, JuniorJones! But I'd have felt guilty using your cover... I'm not the author!) And I figured out how to remove the narrow white bars at the top and bottom of the cover; those were driving me nuts.

Stoo: This particular title eluded me for years, until a mysterious stranger by the name of DIrishB sold me his copy. ;) I also got my super-rare Indiana Jones Jr et l'Enfant Lama from him. (Both books were published in 1998.)

My goal with both this PDF and the one for Klôndike was to mimic the originals as best I could; thus the odd size (11cm by 18cm). I discovered how to properly incorporate the cover this time around, and I fixed up the chapter titles and removed the page numbers on the illustrations, just like in the book. I'll probably layer in the improvements to Klôndike at some point, if only to indulge my fussier tendencies.

When I have a little more time, I'll try to document my process (scan, OCR, cleanup, translate, format) later in this thread, in case anybody wants to take a crack at another title. :whip: