Friday the 13th Remake

The Man

This won't end well...

jasonnew.jpg

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/37520

Agent Z

The Man said:

Especially for the kid impersonating a killer, to spook the girl...ala Shelly from Part 3. Jason has to get that mask somehow...

Then again, I could be wrong and Jason could be slight, wearing a red t-shirt and a jacket. I mean, this movie could be ass right out of the bag.....

The Man

Agent Z said:
Especially for the kid impersonating a killer, to spook the girl...ala Shelly from Part 3. Jason has to get that mask somehow...

Then again, I could be wrong and Jason could be slight, wearing a red t-shirt and a jacket. I mean, this movie could be ass right out of the bag.....

I was always quite fond of Part III - in 3D! - but I haven't seen it or any of the others in years. Years. Perhaps a refresher course is on the cards...

Agent Z

The Man said:
I was always quite fond of Part III - in 3D! - but I haven't seen it or any of the others in years. Years. Perhaps a refresher course is on the cards...

Welcome back man...er...Man. I thought you gave up your ISP and took a job ushering an upscale art house cinema somewhere.

I saw Part 3 during its original theatrical release, in glorious 3-D, back in the day. I was too young for it. My uncle apologized at the time, but looking back, it was worth it to be mentally scarred for some of the best 3-D effects I have ever seen.

Someone commented on the opening disco theme being hilarious. They couldn't be more out of touch. It's cheesy, but really just works somehow. Yes, God, it's cool!

The second issued dvd, contained in the boxset, has a nice family reunion-type commentary track. Check it out. (y)

The Man

Agent Z said:
Welcome back man...er...Man. I thought you gave up your ISP and took a job ushering an upscale art house cinema somewhere.

If only. I was sent to 'The Outer Limits' for posting Skull scenes here that I found on Youtube. Banned for bootlegging a film I don't even like. Ahh, the shame...

But I welcome your welcome, Z.

Agent Z

The Man said:
If only. I was sent to 'The Outer Limits' for posting Skull scenes here that I found on Youtube. Banned for bootlegging a film I don't even like. Ahh, the shame...

But I welcome your welcome, Z.

So, "The Man" turned into "The Ban", eh? Poetic....:p

Really though, I didn't want to hijack this thread into a touching reunion, with the sun setting off in the distance, all the reunited rebel fighters on the front porch, Spindy practicing his swordplay out in the front yard as the fireworks light up the night sky....

Back to the topic at hand...

If they CGI the harpoon scene in this new remake, I will haunt Bay and his cronies. HAUNT them! :whip:

The Man

Agent Z said:
If they CGI the harpoon scene in this new remake, I will haunt Bay and his cronies. HAUNT them! :whip:

They should shoot these babies on a very limited budget with an editor not weaned on MTV. Those recent horror remakes gave me the aches.

Agent Z

I hope they took notes:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/k5Kka3kLbuc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/k5Kka3kLbuc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited:

The Drifter

Bah, I am against this movie!
Why does Hollywood feel that they must remake every movie from that era? Are they so dumb that they can't think of an orginial movie themselves?

Why can't they leave the classics alone. Not long ago we had Rob Zombie's butchery of Halloween, and now we have this perverse hack-job done to Friday the 13th!

I have not read much on this movie, but if this is the remake of the first Friday the 13th, why do they show a still of Jason? His mother was the killer in that movie!

ARGH!

roundshort

Lonsome_Drifter said:
Bah, I am against this movie!
Why does Hollywood feel that they must remake every movie from that era? Are they so dumb that they can't think of an orginial movie themselves?

Why can't they leave the classics alone. Not long ago we had Rob Zombie's butchery of Halloween, and now we have this perverse hack-job done to Friday the 13th!

I have not read much on this movie, but if this is the remake of the first Friday the 13th, why do they show a still of Jason? His mother was the killer in that movie!

ARGH!

I don't mind the remakes. Will it be anywhere as good as the first, no. But still a cool concept that will be fun to watch. ]

Now, if they try to remake Nightmare on Elm Street . . . (I really am not a fan of these movies, but did liek the 1st one)

Agent Z

Lonsome_Drifter said:

From what I gathered...

..the film works its way through the first three installments. Jason's mother and her demise is handled in a rather brief flashback/intro

roundshort

Thanks for the link. I like the new pics! I hope the above pic is Jason making a fast kill, not taking hostages. I loved Jason just whacked people, no mess, no fuss. Something cold about it.

I am excited about this movie! I hope he doesn't talk though