The Dark Knight Rises

No Ticket

Nurhachi1991 said:
Well maybe the Joker could come back I'm sure another actor could do the role........ Unlike the new Punisher move you can't do the Punisher without Thomas Jane sorry no sale.

I was kidding sort of. I like that tale in the comics where Joker kills Robin, but I don't think Robin would fit into the Nolan universe. And I don't think fans of TDK would welcome someone else taking over Ledger's Joker (even though he probably would prefer they did that). I just don't think anyone else would play him well enough to capture people like Heath's Joker did. They want to see more of THAT Joker.

Shortie

The Riddler & Catwoman, FTW. The Riddler should be like Simon Gruber (the villain from Die Hard 3).

I HATE Robin, Batman should be solo. Ditto for Captain America (seeing as since Marvel doesn't have the rights to Spidey we're not gonna see Civil War so no need for Bucky).

Nurhachi1991

No Ticket said:
I was kidding sort of. I like that tale in the comics where Joker kills Robin, but I don't think Robin would fit into the Nolan universe. And I don't think fans of TDK would welcome someone else taking over Ledger's Joker (even though he probably would prefer they did that). I just don't think anyone else would play him well enough to capture people like Heath's Joker did. They want to see more of THAT Joker.

As much as I liked ledgers Joker I would like to see the character return because the Joker is one of the greatest villians in the DC universe. They replaced Dumboledore in the Harry Potter films after Richard Harris passed away and fans did not seem to care.

Forbidden Eye

I think Daniel Day-Lewis or Johnny Depp can come up with as good a portrayal as The Joker.

But I'm sure in Nolan's future films, the only time we'll see The Joker is in a cameo on the likes of Scarecrow in TDK. By that account, it won't really matter at all who they cast.

RocketSledFight

There are plenty of perfectly clever/creative ways to incorporate the Joker into the 3rd film if they must, without recasting the role. I'm not concerned in the slightest that Nolan will do something stupid.

Jonesy9906753

my only suggestions is that they don't have a new joker,no robin,and don't have crappy villains like the ones we saw in the 90's installments,but if they must put those villains in it,make them alot darker and threatening and less cartoony than what we got in returns and forever.

No Ticket

Nurhachi1991 said:
As much as I liked ledgers Joker I would like to see the character return because the Joker is one of the greatest villians in the DC universe. They replaced Dumboledore in the Harry Potter films after Richard Harris passed away and fans did not seem to care.

I agree. I'd like to see Joker back more than a new villain. But I really don't know if I'd enjoy him as much. I know it's just a role... but I like LEDGER playing the Joker. It wouldn't be the same, it wouldn't really seem like the Joker returned. It's a difficult decision to make for those involved I'm sure.

But I was reading up on Mad Hatter and he sounds like a very good villain for Batman 3 (DK2? lol). Here's some reasons I think he would work excellently in Nolan's world.

1.) He is schizo and crazy... possibly a pedophile (since he kidnaps girls with the name "Alice.") He is obsessed with "Alice in Wonderland," and you all know how dark that book can be portrayed as. He sometimes cannot tell between that world and reality.

2.) He has created mind-controlling technology.

3.) He kidnaps Lucius Fox at one point, reading his mind into his computer to gain knowledge about Wayne Industries and I would assume Batman.

4.) He kidnaps Gordon's daughter Barabara... dressing her up as Alice. Batman and Gordon have to go find him.

5.) At one point he uses a mind control device on Scarecrow.

If you portrayed Penguin as just a gentlemen mobster who does not usually do hands-on with crimes but is behind them... a man with no real deformities but a love for birds (as he was originally protrayed in the comics)...

he could be behind some of the things that Mad Hatter does, who would be the central villain. Scarecrow could be under Mad Hatter's control and the possibility of Riddler being in the movie too could arise... he could provide Batman with clues. I don't know that might be too many villains. But I like the idea of Mad Hatter.

Only problem is that Tim Burton is going to make an Alice in Wonderland movie so it would kind of be lame if they both came out around the same time (With Johnny Depp playing Mad Hatter in Burton's Alice).

But lots of things about his character sound good to me.

HovitosKing

Jonesy9906753 said:
my only suggestions is that they don't have a new joker,no robin,and don't have crappy villains like the ones we saw in the 90's installments,but if they must put those villains in it,make them alot darker and threatening and less cartoony than what we got in returns and forever.

After having seen BB and TDK, I'm fairly certain Chris Nolan is on the same page as the rest of us who feel this way. I think the reason he made these two films was to get away from the camp. He's the anti-camp. I just hope he doesn't let the pressure to surpass TDK lead him down a bad road filmwise.

No Ticket

HovitosKing said:
After having seen BB and TDK, I'm fairly certain Chris Nolan is on the same page as the rest of us who feel this way. I think the reason he made these two films was to get away from the camp. He's the anti-camp. I just hope he doesn't let the pressure to surpass TDK lead him down a bad road filmwise.

He has even questioned whether or not they should make a third. I'm sure he is well aware of what's at stake. That's why I wuv him so much.

Jonesy9906753

i really hope they dont replace ledger,it just wont be the same if someone else played the joker we were introduced to in TDK

No Ticket

Jonesy9906753 said:
i really hope they dont replace ledger,it just wont be the same if someone else played the joker we were introduced to in TDK

True. It's a shame what happened. We could have gotten another movie with the Joker. :(

Nurhachi1991

Well Heath Ledger is the Joker to me and thats how I will remember the Joker but just because he passed away does not mean get rid of the Joker. I have seen alot of Heaths movies and with all that Joker make up on he looked nothing like Heath so even if they got another actor it would not be that big of a differance.

The Man

http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/08/02/the-truth-about-those-dark-knight-sequel-casting-rumors/

'...Wouldn?t Johnny Depp make a great Riddler? Yeah, BUT the truth of the matter is that Christopher Nolan has not yet signed on for a third Batman film. His brother and screenwriter Jonathan Nolan is supposedly still on the set doing work for Terminator Salvation. And who knows what David Goyer is up to. Even if he is busy penning a treatment, which is doubtful, I?m confident that casting talks won?t take place for quite some time.'

'...Goyer recently told MTV that Chris has decided on a theme for a potential third film. And anyone who has seen either of Nolan?s Batman films know that the theme is inexorably tied to the villain. And while I can easily imagine someone like The Riddler in the Nolanverse, turned into a serial killer who leaves clues behind. I can?t quite imagine a theme based on The Riddler, which would effect Bruce Wayne. And the same could be said for many of the prominent characters in the Batman franchise.'

QBComics

No Ticket said:
But I was reading up on Mad Hatter and he sounds like a very good villain for Batman 3 (DK2? lol). Here's some reasons I think he would work excellently in Nolan's world.

I think I could see that, but without Scarecrow. I like Scarecrow, I really do, but he's been used twice and would seem too much like the same. Mabey just the Penguin as a mob boss with minions and Mad Hatter running around threatning everyone.

The Man

All roads lead to Johnny Depp...

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/37702

'...Actor Johnny Depp was chosen to play "Mad Hatter" in Tim Burton's version of "Alice in Wonderland". Burton was hired by Disney studios to make the 3D version if Lewis Carrol's classic. Depp is the second confirmed cast member.'

*whistles Twilight Zone tune*

Nurhachi1991

QBComics said:
I think I could see that, but without Scarecrow. I like Scarecrow, I really do, but he's been used twice and would seem too much like the same. Mabey just the Penguin as a mob boss with minions and Mad Hatter running around threatning everyone.

He was only in TDK for less than 2 minates come on giver Dr. Crane a break he is an awsome bad guy.

QBComics

Nurhachi1991 said:
He was only in TDK for less than 2 minates come on giver Dr. Crane a break he is an awsome bad guy.

He is one of my favorite bad guys in the Batman universe. :D Your right, I'll give him a break. He comes in either 1st place or 2nd place in my Batman badguys.

No Ticket

Nurhachi1991 said:
Well Heath Ledger is the Joker to me and thats how I will remember the Joker but just because he passed away does not mean get rid of the Joker. I have seen alot of Heaths movies and with all that Joker make up on he looked nothing like Heath so even if they got another actor it would not be that big of a differance.

I'm not talking about someone just LOOKING like Heath Ledger's Joker. I think it would be hard for them to replace him because in everyone's minds is this unforgettable character Ledger played. His voice, mannerisms, etc. Just getting someone to look like him would be a big difference. Audiences will be taken out of the movie and think about Ledger's Joker if they dissaprove on some level with whoever tries to replace him. This could lead to the movie not doing well at the box office if fans do not approve.