Teletubbies

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SlaRHYni17A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FrzrgKU4pVw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/orFm0MvWD48" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Teletubbies go where Captain America/Superheroes will not...

WARNING:Besides spoilers, if you chose to sit through an advertisement and view this, there are words intended for big people's eyes only...of course technical terms have been used where appropriate.

Subtitled from the original german.

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/f9sorunPZmc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Phenominal.

Not nipples, but...

teletubbiesnv0.jpg

Stoo

Rocket Surgeon said:
WARNING:Besides spoilers, if you chose to sit through an advertisement and view this, there are words intended for big people's eyes only...of course technical terms have been used where appropriate.
Damn it, I'm too late! It says, "This video has been removed by the user.":mad:(n)

While on vacation in Italy, I found an inflatable, blow-up doll of Po on the island of Lipari. (Needless to say, I bought it immediately and am cuddling with it right now.)

Did I see any Indiana Jones merchandise on tiny Lipari? No!...but a Teletubbie was there! Tubbies rule the earth...and that's a FACT!

Montana Smith

I don't think the 'tubbies movie is ever going to be made. :mad:

They're not getting any younger, and we have to believe that they can still roll around on the grass without breaking bones. I really don't want to see them have to deal with the issues of age with a young upstart 'tubby getting all the grass rolling action.

Sorry guys, but I think we have to give up hope. Unless, of course, the creators could pull off a movie done in the Hitchcockian style...

All we can look forward to now is a reboot, as long as they can find actors of the right quality, and at least look like the original cast.

Pale Horse

Staff member
leaked production set concept art

Rumor has it, the idea of teletubbies and the Ring are floating around....

chiving-tuesday-20.jpg

Montana Smith

Pale Horse said:
Rumor has it, the idea of teletubbies and the Ring are floating around....

chiving-tuesday-20.jpg

That's pretty disturbing. Maybe the plot will be the imminent death of anyone who sees a Teletubby's ring? Sort of, 'it's not over until the fat tubby sits'. All set to the music of Wagner's 'Der Ring des Nibelungen'. It'll be interesting to hear the 'tubbies sing opera.

Montana Smith said:
That's pretty disturbing. Maybe the plot will be the imminent death of anyone who sees a Teletubby's ring? Sort of, 'it's not over until the fat tubby sits'. All set to the music of Wagner's 'Der Ring des Nibelungen'. It'll be interesting to hear the 'tubbies sing opera.

"She's brutal. Brutal. She's not cute and more like a dude who's incredibly clinical, in the fact that she has a result-based and oriented fighting style. It's not about fighting. It's about carnage. The style is heavy-handed, heavy-footed, it's nasty. Anything from small-joint manipulation to crushing skulls, crushing rib cages, stamping on shins and knees and necks and collarbones and snapping heads off and tearing his fists through chests, ripping out spinal columns. She is a terrorist in mentality as well as brutal action...anything to twist those faces."

Stoo

Indy Scout 117 said:
so we'll finally get a FULL trailer on TELETUBBIES when the Sherlock Holmes movie comes out!! :D yay!!!!!!
Nice to know that you're pumped for the Teletubbies!:p
The Man said:
Concerning time-gaps and head-massages...
Quote:
"Perhaps surprisingly for some people, our story picks up quite a bit later, eight years after the Teletubbies TV show. So they are older Tubbies; they aren't in a great state."

Quote:
"They are timid. Timid. They are fuzzy dudes who are incredibly loveable, in the fact that they have a result-based and oriented pacifist style. It's not about cuddling. It's about love. The style is soft-handed, soft-footed, it's beautiful. Anything from small-joint manipulation to tickling heads, massaging rib cages, caressing shins and knees and necks and collarbones and kissing heads and stroking their fists on chests, rubbing spinal columns. They are friendly in mentality as well as playful action."

Montana Smith

Stoo said:
Fincher bags his Winky...

Awesome news!

If it wasn't for The Raven we wouldn't get this news so quickly!

Yes, this is what this board is for: delivering the vital movie news we can't live without.

Keep up the good work, Stewie! (y)

When do you reckon we'll have the full cast list? And then the trailer and preview posters? :confused:

Pale Horse

Staff member
Montana Smith said:
Yes, this is what this board is for: delivering the vital movie news we can't live without.

"You may be more right than you know..."

Countless cultures point to The Raven as a harbinger of powerful secrets. Moreover, The Raven is a messenger too, so its business is in both keeping and communicating deep mysteries.

• According to Norse legend, as their god Odin was accompanied by two Ravens: Hugin who represented the power of thought and active search for information. The other Raven, Mugin represented the mind, and its ability to intuit meaning
  • Some Greco-Roman legends that say Ravens were once all white. And, because The Raven couldn't keep a secret to save its life
  • In Welsh folklore, The Raven is also an omen of death. If the raven makes a choking sound, it is a portent of the death rattle. A crying raven on a church steeple will "overlook" the next house where death will occur.
  • It was said god turned its feathers black for its failure, and Noah sent a dove out to do the raven's job. And since then, The Raven has gotten a bad rap as being anti-mankind.
  • 'Tha gliocas an ceann an fhitich' or 'Fice ceann na fhitich' are Scots-Gaelic proverbs meaning "There is wisdom in a Raven's head."
  • North American tribes saw The Raven as the bringer of light. In fact, southwestern tribes (Hopi, Navajo, Zuni) felt The Raven was spewn out from the dark womb of the cosmos.
  • To Egyptians, The Raven represented destruction and malevolence. However, Arabs call The Raven 'Abu Aajir' - the Father of Omens
  • The Raven is often heard to cackle utterances that sound like "cras, cras." The actual word cras is 'tomorrow' in Latin. (though many here think it's "crass, crass" much to my chagrin)
  • Lifespan: A wild Raven can live more than thirty years.
  • And much like the hardcore members here...Ravens are omnivorous eaters, preferring to scavenge, but able to kill when necessary. They prefer carrion - dead sheep, cattle, rabbits and fish, but will also eat nestling birds and eggs, rodents, shellfish, insects, seeds, berries and grain
  • It is illegal to hunt and kill Ravens in the United States, under the Endangered Species Act. Keeping Ravens as pets is also illegal.
  • Ravens are also guardians of Underworld treasure. In the Chaw Gully Mine in Cornwall, gold is said to be guarded by a fierce Raven.
  • And for Double Jeopardy, who can provide the question, to this answer:
    "Alice sighed wearily.”I think you might do something better with the time," she said, "than wasting it in asking riddles that have no answers."

Stoo

Montana Smith said:
Keep up the good work, Stewie! (y)
Thanks, Smiffy, but I'm just trying to lighten the load off of the new-release-updating robots. Sharing the burden, so to speak. Team work!(y)
Montana Smith said:
When do you reckon we'll have the full cast list? And then the trailer and preview posters? :confused:
Who knows? Following the model of the most prolific, new-release-update robots, posting article quotes & links as they arrive is the way to go. Also, as soon as the "Teletubbies" flick hits the theatres, don't look for my personal opinion* on the film because I will be moving on to deliver breaking news about some other upcoming film.

*The only opinion you'll get is:

The Drifter

I've been following this thread every day, and every few minutes I hit F5. When there is no new news to read, a small part of my heart dies a little each time.
Also, guys. Does anyone know if there is gonna be a video game version released at the same time as the film!?

Stoo said:
I will be moving on to deliver breaking news about some other upcoming film.
Teletubbies II?:D

Stoo said:
I'm just trying to lighten the load off of the new-release-updating robots.
What a guy! Even helping the Cine-bots, (not to be confused with Cine-buns).

Speaking of Cine-buns, Gonzo, that was disturbing...say it ain't so!

The Drifter said:
I've been following this thread every day, and every few minutes I hit F5. When there is no new news to read, a small part of my heart dies a little each time.
Try Ctrl+F5, you might see something new. Then again...

Pale Horse said:
Lovely post, imaginitive...but how does it apply?

The Drifter said:
Does anyone know if there is gonna be a video game version released at the same time as the film!?
Did you not see post 69?

Last edited:

Pale Horse

Staff member
Rocket Surgeon said:
Pale Horse said:
Lovely post, imaginitive...but how does it apply?

Seriously? I mean, aside from the sheer genius of it, the subtleties shouldn't be missed.

I directly answered Agent Smitty, with a heaping portion of self-referential proof. That sort of proof is biblical, no?

Finn

Staff member
Makes perfect sense to me.

Ya wrote my name without capital letter, by the way. Smiting ensues.