80's Making Of Documentary

Remember 81

Hi everyone,

First time posting here at The Raven...

Does anyone know where I can track down a copy of the original 1984 Documentary "The Making of Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom"? I think it originally aired on PBS.

I teach a course on film to Junior High kids and would like to show some pre-CGI effects type stuff. I have all the old Indy documentaries but this one.

Can anyone help??

Indy4ever

Welcome to the Raven!

:whip:
Remember 81 said:
Hi everyone,

First time posting here at The Raven...

Does anyone know where I can track down a copy of the original 1984 Documentary "The Making of Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom"? I think it originally aired on PBS.

I teach a course on film to Junior High kids and would like to show some pre-CGI effects type stuff. I have all the old Indy documentaries but this one.

Can anyone help??

Cool screen name! I would check ebay and amazon.com first. Also, you might want to check www.moviehunter.com. They track and find very, very hard to get stuff, so you might have some luck there. I believe there might be a nominal fee with this. Also, why not check with PBS?

Maybe they could suggest a resource...or because it's Public Broadcasting and you are using it for educational purposes, they might send you a copy free! Definitely mention you are a professor...just like Indiana Jones! :)

Junior High Kids, huh? I'm a sophomore at the University of Southern California...and I have fond memories of junior high! :)

Stoo

This is a hard one to find and could be considered the Holy Grail as far as
original "Raiders" documentaries go. I remember seeing it on PBS around
August/September of '84 and the main focus seems to have been the
Raven bar fight & stunts/effects with fire.

I would be happily surprised if anyone here had it but you might have
a better chance looking elsewhere...Good luck with your film students
and don't let this potential dead-end stop you from posting!

Let me know if you ever find a copy...(Calling Raven Member Sakis,
do you have this?)

Ska

I have both the Raiders and Last Crusade making-of's, but haven't came across one for Doom.

Sakis

TR.N Staff Member
Yes, I do have this documentary on videotape 2 times. The one is black & white and the other has maintained its colors but its out focus. I've tranffered it into DivX and enhanced it a bit but it's quality is still lame.