ESPN / NFL & iNDY!!

torao

Moderator Emeritus
mmmmhhh...they are probably gonna show a trailer promoting the Indiana Jones teaser premiere during Superbowl.
I can already picture Shia Labeouf in his greaser outfit looking into the camera and telling all people below 20 to tune in february third to check out the trailer for the new movie he's gonna be in.
The one with that aged film star wearing a fedora, which will actually be the first in a whole new series of movies starring himself as Indy's son and torch reciever, Mutt Williams.

Uuuhh...those nightmares...

deckard24

torao said:
mmmmhhh...they are probably gonna show a trailer promoting the Indiana Jones teaser premiere during Superbowl.
I can already picture Shia Labeouf in his greaser outfit looking into the camera and telling all people below 20 to tune in february third to check out the trailer for the new movie he's gonna be in.
The one with that aged film star wearing a fedora, which will actually be the first in a whole new series of movies starring himself as Indy's son and torch reciever, Mutt Williams.

Uuuhh...those nightmares...

I feel sick already!:sick:

All this talk of America is starting to get right on my ****. Since when was Indiana Jones a product of the USA? Surely, he's as chinese indian british scandanavian australian as the rest of them?

If you think America's the be all and end all, well my friend, you need to broaden your goldfish bowl....

deckard24

replican't said:
All this talk of America is starting to get right on my ****. Since when was Indiana Jones a product of the USA? Surely, he's as chinese indian british scandanavian australian as the rest of them?

If you think America's the be all and end all, well my friend, you need to broaden your goldfish bowl....

Who are you referring to?

deckard24

replican't said:
check out posts #5, 6 & 8 - these people should be ashamed of themselves.
Easy Killer!

All I did was ask if anyone thought Indy could be a Democrat or a Republican, since he is an American in the films. As for him being 100% American, yeah that is kind of a broad generalization. He is a worldly character, but at the end of the day he is an American in the films, and a distinguished college professor who would also be poitically savvy!

commontone

replican't said:

:confused: Are you serious? I don't know where you're from, but I'm an American, and I wouldn't give a crap if some British people wanted to play around with which of their political parties Indy might belong to. I doubt any of the other Americans here would, either.

The fact is, Indiana Jones is a Hollywood franchise, made by Americans, starring an American. Those are just truths. If Americans want to speak of Indiana Jones in an American context, what on earth is wrong with that? You are way too high strung, and your comments speak much more of your own biases than any others.

metalinvader

replican't said:

Why the !@#$ should I be ashamed of myself?! Yes,I am well aware of other countries,Have visited a few different countries myself.So don't even bring your closedminded view on Americans here.Believe it or not,We are not all Right wing,Gun loving rednecks.

So much for having national pride.:rolleyes:

loganbush

Quote:
Originally Posted by replican't

Why the !@#$ should I be ashamed of myself?! Yes,I am well aware of other countries,Have visited a few different countries myself.So don't even bring your closedminded view on Americans here.Believe it or not,We are not all Right wing,Gun loving rednecks.

So much for having national pride.

Here, here!

Chris Jones

When i went there all i saw was an Iron Man banner along with the Sponsored by Iron Man :(

Indy must not be the only one.

Grethe

metalinvader said:
So much for having national pride.:rolleyes:

Noone should be ashamed for his/her nationality, but it's valid to be ashamed of stuff that is or has been done in the name of the nation you belong to.

I'm Norwegian and definitely not proud of Vidkun Quisling, nor am I particularily proud of those of my predecessors who robbed, raped and killed their way through much of Europe and parts of Russia a millennium ago. (They shaped up when they found out that trading and marrying into the local aristocracy were less cumbersome, gave better PR and paid better in the long run) I don't feel any pride over those of my countrymen who were active participants in the slave trade either (they served, often as officers, on Norwegian freighters under the Danish flag)

Indy is undoubtedly American and the stories are filtered through mythos shaped in America - but he transcends the labels so that we can all identify, no matter our cultural and national background.

That's George Lucas' real genius; as with Star Wars, he's really retelling old stories known in one form or another found all over the world (a snip from here and a snip from there; add new wrapping and a few quirks) in a way most of us have no problem being (wildly!!) enthusiastic about.

Last edited:

metalinvader

Perhaps,I did jump the gun a little bit.The ''100% American" comment was made in the heat of the moment,I guess.It was meant in regards to the character himself,Not the franchise..If anyone thought that...

Alright...Move along,Move along.:p

Dr.Sartorius

The site now says, "Presented by Iron Man". :dead:

Maybe Paramount will unleash trailers for all its summer tent-poles (hopefully including Indy 4) during the game.

HFFan

metalinvader said:
The ''100% American" comment was made in the heat of the moment,I guess.It was meant in regards to the character himself,Not the franchise..If anyone thought that...

I didn't think that and I understood what you meant.

On subject: I'm quite sure we will see the trailer during the SuperBowl. They'd be crazy not to take advantage of the mass, all ages audience.

Joe Brody

The NFL's core demographic (White Male thirtysomethings) perfectly overlaps Indy's main fan base. Heck, this board supports a couple NFL threads a year and even a humble FF league.

Watching the Jaguars/Steelers game last night, I didn't see anyting Indy related -- but I did chuckle over this Toyota spot -- even if I am just outside the target audience.