Indy's Glasses

indyclone25

yeah i should think about getting them --- nice looking glasses --- but i think i really need them for reading and looking at the computer.

Montana Smith

Raiders112390 said:
What do you think Indy wears glasses for?
He's never shown wearing them in the YIJC.

Seems like he only needs them for reading and close work. Might have damaged his eyes on an adventure . ;)

Stoo

Raiders112390 said:
He's never shown wearing them in the YIJC.
True, but he does wear a crazy pair while disguised as Fritz Diefenbaker in "Attack of the Hawkmen".:eek:

FritzDiefenbaker.jpg

Raiders112390 said:
What do you think Indy wears glasses for?
That's a good question. From all the things we've seen him acheive WITHOUT glasses shows that they're probably fake, costume dressing to make Indy look studious and reinforce his character's dual exterior.

Having said that, he uses them to look at Donovan's grail tablet, the Pankot dinner and his home-research-short-stop in "Skull" which makes me think Indy is far-sighted and needs glasses to see things up-close.

Montana Smith said:
Seems like he only needs them for reading and close work. Might have damaged his eyes on an adventure . ;)
Just noticed your previous post and we've both reached the same conclusion.

Last edited:

Raiders90

Stoo said:
True, but he does wear a crazy pair while disguised as Fritz Diefenbaker in "Attack of the Hawkmen".:eek:

FritzDiefenbaker.jpg

That's a good question. From all the things we've seen him acheive WITHOUT glasses shows that they're probably fake, costume dressing to make Indy look studious and reinforce his character's dual exterior.

Having said that, he uses them to look at Donovan's grail tablet, the Pankot dinner and his home-research-short-stop in "Skull" which makes me think Indy is far-sighted and needs glasses to see things up-close.

Just noticed your previous post and we've both reached the same conclusion.

Perhaps wearing those glasses in the YIJC is what damaged his eyes. I've heard if you wear glasses and you don't actually need them it can damage your eyes.

And he wears them when getting the Headpiece of the Staff of Ra translated with Sallah. Since he's with Sallah and on an adventure, there's no reason for him to wear fake glasses to look studious.

So-Cal Reporter

For some unnamed reason, probably style (even though Indy kept his class room in the 1930's style AND that he wasn't able to lose them throughout ALL THREE classic films AND-- GHAA! never mind...), Indy changes his glasses for KotCS and I was wondering if anyone had any leads on those?

Raiders90

So-Cal Reporter said:
For some unnamed reason, probably style (even though Indy kept his class room in the 1930's style AND that he wasn't able to lose them throughout ALL THREE classic films AND-- GHAA! never mind...), Indy changes his glasses for KotCS and I was wondering if anyone had any leads on those?

They look like just small Panto style frames, similar to Harry Truman's.

Raiders90

So-Cal Reporter said:

They look like just small Panto style frames, similar to Harry Truman's.