The World without KotCS, a better place?

Are you glad the film was made?

• Total voters

muttjones

So many people have been criticising KOTCS (me included) that I want to know if their hatred of Indy IV is so high that they would rather it to not exist.

So would you rather their have been no Indy 4 or are you such a fan that any Indy is fine as long as we get to see it?

The Man

The ideal of Indy 4 was always worth pursuing, but overall, they should not have made it as it is. A decade of script wrangling...for this?!

muttjones

blame George "I've gone off the deep end" Lucas for all the crazy sh!t he pulled in the script sesions with stevie.

ChromiumBlue37

My God, then just DON'T WATCH it ever again.

So what if KOTCS wasn't your "dream movie"? Get over it. Not one of the original three IJ movies are without numerous flaws.

As I have said before, this movie is a gift. One that almost never happened. After almost a twenty year abscence, it's amazing that this movie was even finished. I for one, am just grateful to Ford, Speilberg and Lucas for giving us MORE Indiana Jones.

Last edited:

jamiestarr

ChromiumBlue37 said:

So what if KOTCS wasn't your "dream movie"? Get over it. Not one of the original three IJ movies are without numerous flaws.

As I have said before, this movie is a gift. One that almost never happened. After almost a twenty year abscence, it's amazing that this movie was even finished. I for one, am just grateful to Ford, Speilberg and Lucas for giving us MORE Indiana Jones.

Exactly. Well said...

Agent Crab

ChromiumBlue37 said:

I agree here.

I enjoyed KoTCS. Critics ain't gonna get me down. People's biased opinioms, either.

I'm convinced that I exist in a parallel universe where Indy 4 and the Star Wars Prequels are epic failures and J.J. Abrams is sacrilegiously reinventing Star Trek and Michael Bay is the A-list director of the times. I have to figure out how to get back to the other universe where George Lucas and Steven Spielberg still make great films, J.J. Abrams is lost on a desert isle somewhere in the South Pacific and Michael Bay is working on cars at Grease Monkey.

The Man

Agent Spalko said:
I'm convinced that I exist in a parallel universe where Indy 4 and the Star Wars Prequels are epic failures and J.J. Abrams is sacrilegiously reinventing Star Trek and Michael Bay is the A-list director of the times. I have to figure out how to get back to the other universe where George Lucas and Steven Spielberg still make great films, J.J. Abrams is lost on a desert isle somewhere in the South Pacific and Michael Bay is working on cars at Grease Monkey.

Only Harold Oxley can help you now...

Great Scott!

DocBrownB.6.14.06.jpg

jdm_jib

Personally i felt alittle disapointed by the film, after 6 weeks of reflecting on what i saw ive warmed to it and scences of it are etched in my mind are vividly as the boulder schene in Raiders or the rope bridge in TOD.

Yes i can see the script is flawed but when all the hype has settled and the 'what if's' and 'lucas bashing' has died down, there are still bits in KOTCS where i hear that theme tune we all love and see the fedora on Ford's head again and im instantly taken back to being a kid. For me it makes KOTCS all worth while.:D

Nurhachi1991

Spalko is this going to be you?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XpyT4pc_0ak&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XpyT4pc_0ak&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Oh a whole six weeks of reflecting! Wow you sure have the right to hate Indy 4.

Nurhachi1991

Oh nothing as long as you liked it as a kid! I hate when people go I watched the films a week before Indy 4 and I did not like it

jdm_jib

Na, i grew up with these films and have watched them over and over again, granted i only got to see LC at the cinema and was quite young when that happened but i love everything indy.

I just ment i was disapointed when i first saw it, probably down to my own hype and expectations, after 6 weeks of reflecting on KOTCS i more than accept it as part of the indy francise and cant wait to get my hands on the dvd when it comes out.

RaideroftheArk

I started out hating it, but now I love it.

When people talk bad about KOTCS I am constantly reminded of when Temple of Doom came out. The comments of "IT WAS WAY OVER THE TOP" were thrown around whenver the movie was mentioned. Now it seems the movie has moved into the classics phase and has settled into being a good installment of the franchise. (Yes I know there are people that absolutely hate TOD, but I'm speaking in general terms of movie history.)

I think if the same question was asked back them about TOD much debate just like this would have come up. I guess my point would be, over time KOTCS will gain more respect just as TOD has.

Sometimes, and I don't know how everyone else is, but I think, I think too much about stuff and just don't go with the flow. To me this this happened with KOTCS, I did too much overthinking.

So, at first my opinion was "Why did they even bother?" Now, after seeing it a second time, I'm greatful they finally got together and put this out.

jdm_jib

That was the point i was trying to make, after all my expectations and hype has gone away and i look back as KOTCS as a whole without trying to analyse it with the previous 3, i like the movie for what it is, good fun and nice to have another 2hours (ish) of indiana jones.