General Indy 5 Thread - rumors and possibilities

Honestly...will there be another Indy film in the next decade?

• Total voters

kongisking

Pale Horse said:
You know things are getting weird around the Raven, when a rumor for another movie makes it's way into a rumor thread about a non existent film.

It's a lovely phenomenon called "desperation." ;)

Indy's brother

This rumor is all over the web, and it doesn't hurt at all that it's attached to Star Wars. So, the first inevitable thing will be the question will be asked of Harrison, Speilberg, or a Disney representative as soon as there is a chance to do so. The next inevitable thing to happen will be an either flat out denial, or some wishy washy response that neither confirms or denies it. Even if someone says it's all completely true, it doesn't mean Indy 5 will ever materialize. I won't get excited until someone says there is a finished script. Though I will say that if Ford DID break balls over Indy 5 and used SW as his bargaining chip, it's a shrewd move on his behalf. The Ford I would like to believe in is that guy.

Indy's brother said:
This rumor is all over the web, and it doesn't hurt at all that it's attached to Star Wars. So, the first inevitable thing will be the question will be asked of Harrison, Speilberg, or a Disney representative as soon as there is a chance to do so. The next inevitable thing to happen will be an either flat out denial, or some wishy washy response that neither confirms or denies it. Even if someone says it's all completely true, it doesn't mean Indy 5 will ever materialize. I won't get excited until someone says there is a finished script. Though I will say that if Ford DID break balls over Indy 5 and used SW as his bargaining chip, it's a shrewd move on his behalf. The Ford I would like to believe in is that guy.

it is a very shrewd move from Harry, he's a genius, Indy is the best thing he did he knows this, so he will get it made by any means..

Olliana

Funny when you think about it, if it's all true, he's actually just using Han Solo again to obtain a leading role in the next blockbuster movie, just like back in the days. :gun:

Henry Jones VII

God almighty , let this be true!

prayer-thumb.jpg

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=39176
Some UK interviews still trickling out. At 1:40:30 in this podcast:
Harrison Ford: "Oh, that's, you know, that's down the line. George Lucas just got married, he's got a new baby in the family, he's got other things to do besides sit down and try and figure out a new Indiana Jones. There have been a couple of germs of ideas and, you know, the last one took 25 years or something, 20 years to come together, so I'm happy to wait. He's got the whip in his garage. Oh, I guess I suppose I have a whip somewhere, a musical whip."

Indy's brother

Moedred said:
http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=39176
Some UK interviews still trickling out. At 1:40:30 in this podcast:

he's [George Lucas'] got other things to do besides sit down and try and figure out a new Indiana Jones.

So, what EXACTLY is the deal here? How much control over the IJ property does George Lucas still retain? No speculation, does anybody know specifically what his stranglehold on this franchise (that he sold) actually is? I mean, besides that vague little snippet that we heard (that wasn't even a direct quote) about him keeping some kind of caveat for Indy 5 in the disney deal.

Udvarnoky

Túrin Turambar said:
what a guy!

If the rumors are to be believed, then it's very cool to know that Ford is using whatever stroke he has to try to make Indy5 happen, but let's not get silly and try to ascribe altruistic intentions here. Ford would get a king's ransom for another Indy film.

Indy's brother said:
How much control over the IJ property does George Lucas still retain? No speculation, does anybody know specifically what his stranglehold on this franchise (that he sold) actually is?

All I can offer is speculation, but what I speculate is that from a legal standpoint George has zero control over the actual property. But that hardly means Disney wouldn't want him to satisfy his usual role. It's not something I expect us to ever get a whole lot of clarity about.

Indy's brother

Well, are we still waiting for George Lucas to come up with a story (as all the legitimate quotes from Harrison and Steven have indicated), or are we waiting for the people at Disney to do it? Framed like that, it sounds like this is mostly rumor, unless George really wants him back in SW, and he is using this to light a fire under his butt. Which is possible, but not probable, IMHO. Extorting George to do something that he doesn't seem interested in goes against the professional and personal relationship they share with Indy, not to mention that I wouldn't expect it to work. Anyway, unless we find out what GL's powers are with Indy 5, I'd have to say that given the info we have, this rumor doesn't carry much weight at all.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
We'll know in the next few months if Disney will find a place for Star Wars 7 between Marvel phases 2 and 3, or if it will happen in 2015 at all. Pirates 5 won't. (Then there are all these other studios who have the nerve to schedule summer movies.) Official Indy 5 news could be a long way off, but if the rumors are true (and they're the solidest rumors I've seen on the matter) then the Indy 5 spitballing will continue, which is good. If Lucas is a factor in the Indy plot he's definitely a factor in the Star Wars plot, which eventually has to congeal whether he likes it or not. Maybe he'll find relinquishing power therapeutic, to the extent he has any.

LOS ANGELES?Saying that ?it?s time,? a visibly weary Harrison Ford pleaded with his agents Thursday to simply stop this and let him die, "I've given up it over". sources confirmed. ?Please, you?ve had your fill. Just let me go quietly into the night,? the 71-year-old Ender?s Game star reportedly said, later imploring his agents not to hand him any more scripts and to just ?let [him] go to sleep forever.? ?I?ve spent my entire life doing this for you people. We had a good run, but it?s been a long journey and I?m very tired now. Please don?t talk about any more projects or how the director will work around my schedule. And don?t try to convince me that this is how I get my Oscar. It?s over. I just want to close my eyes and never wake up.? Reports confirm that Ford?s agents then mentioned a new script set during the Cold War in which he?d play Robert McNamara, which prompted Ford to sigh, shake his head no more..

its over no more indy or star wars or films from Harrison, this is terrible not sure i want to live in a world without harrison around anymore.

kongisking

Túrin Turambar said:
LOS ANGELES—Saying that “it’s time,” a visibly weary Harrison Ford pleaded with his agents Thursday to simply stop this and let him die, "I've given up it over". sources confirmed. “Please, you’ve had your fill. Just let me go quietly into the night,” the 71-year-old Ender’s Game star reportedly said, later imploring his agents not to hand him any more scripts and to just “let [him] go to sleep forever.” “I’ve spent my entire life doing this for you people. We had a good run, but it’s been a long journey and I’m very tired now. Please don’t talk about any more projects or how the director will work around my schedule. And don’t try to convince me that this is how I get my Oscar. It’s over. I just want to close my eyes and never wake up.” Reports confirm that Ford’s agents then mentioned a new script set during the Cold War in which he’d play Robert McNamara, which prompted Ford to sigh, shake his head no more..

its over no more indy or star wars or films from Harrison, this is terrible not sure i want to live in a world without harrison around anymore.

Onion article, dude...

Last edited:

EddyW

The proper quote ends like this: ” Reports confirm that Ford’s agents then mentioned a new script set during the Cold War in which he’d play Robert McNamara, which prompted Ford to sigh, shake his head, and say, “Okay, let me take a look.”

Pale Horse

Staff member
Túrin Turambar said:
LOS ANGELES?Saying that ?it?s time,? a visibly weary Harrison Ford pleaded with his agents Thursday to simply stop this and let him die, "I've given up it over". sources confirmed. ?Please, you?ve had your fill. Just let me go quietly into the night,? the 71-year-old Ender?s Game star reportedly said, later imploring his agents not to hand him any more scripts and to just ?let [him] go to sleep forever.? ?I?ve spent my entire life doing this for you people. We had a good run, but it?s been a long journey and I?m very tired now. Please don?t talk about any more projects or how the director will work around my schedule. And don?t try to convince me that this is how I get my Oscar. It?s over. I just want to close my eyes and never wake up.? Reports confirm that Ford?s agents then mentioned a new script set during the Cold War in which he?d play Robert McNamara, which prompted Ford to sigh, shake his head no more..

Source: THE ONION

And for those of you who still don't understand the interwebs...

The Onion is an American news satire organization. It is an entertainment newspaper and a website featuring satirical articles reporting on international, national, and local news, in addition to a non-satirical entertainment section known as The A.V. Club. It says 90 percent of its web site readers are between 18 and 44 years old. Since 2007, the organization published satirical news audio and video online, as the "Onion News Network". Web traffic on theonion.com amounts to an average of 7.5 million unique visitors per month.

The Drifter

Túrin Turambar said:
not sure i want to live in a world without harrison around anymore.

You're acting a bit Kathy Bates from The Shining, buddy boy. As people have stated it's from The Onion, a website who's bread and butter is satire. I know you're a fan of Ford, but that sentence - wow.