Indiana Jones Sightings and Fluff News

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
It was just an excuse to run pics of Ford as Indy in the Index and Briefing pages, but still major exposure. Here's their Movie-Villain Watch.

(I wonder if we should have a thread simply devoted to fluff news like this?)

Ska

If this is going to be the official "Fluff N Stuff" thread, I heard the following on our local rock radio station...

Raiders' March begins

"Are you tired of digging through your old records for music you haven't heard in a while?"

Raiders' March continues

"Well, you don't need a hat, bull whip, and leather jacket to find lost music anymore."

Raiders' March continues

"Tune into WDVE...The station that rocks."

Raiders' March fades

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
USA Today Pop Candy Top 100 people of 2007: Nos. 21-40

21. Shia LaBeouf. His funny, adorable turn in Transformers proved that Shia was indeed (yes, it's coming) more than meets the eye, and the success of Disturbia showed he has enough star power to carry a film. Next year we'll see if Mr. TheBeef can handle his own against Harrison Ford in Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Insanely Long Movie Title. As long as he doesn't try any moves on Karen Allen, I'm eager to see if he can pull it off.

HFFan

3.8 Million people were surveyed by AOL Moviefone and were asked to name their most anticipated 2008 film. KotCS dominated!

See all the poll results here.

Which 2008 movie are you most excited for?

'Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull' - 41 per cent

'Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince' - 23 per cent

'The Dark Knight' - 22 per cent

'Iron Man' - 10 per cent

'Star Trek XI' - 4 per cent

Attila the Professor

Staff member
sarah navarro said:
Today MTV2 said that Idy was old and scruffy and they have no idea what a crystal skull is...bunch of idiots.:rolleyes:

He is old, he is a bit scruffy, and I think not knowing what a crystal skull is is more than forgivable.

No Ticket

han.JPG

Who's scruffy looking?!

... yeah, I know. I'm sorry. I had to do that.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
In the Feb 4 Time magazine, the "Stallone on a Mission" article includes a chart of the Terminator, Die Hard, Basic Instinct, Rocky, and Indiana Jones "iconic characters who have returnerd after a long absence" ...Indy after the longest.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Mickey in Fantasia, 1940-2000. :p

You're right, the article mentioned that, but it wasn't in the half-page bar graph Indy topped.

willowxout

Small Indy 4 Article in Time

Nothing, big. I was just reading an article about Rambo, in Time Magazine, when this caught my eye:

edit by torao: moved this post/thread here. Read/search first and post second is an important rule around here. Welcome to The Raven, willowxout.

Last edited by a moderator:

UltimateManGod

Shortie said:
Basic Instinct? Why's that up there with Indy, Terminator & Rocky, it's disgracing them.
:p

Yeah, Basic Instinct seems out place with those big name action movies. And, Basic Instinct 2 was considered terrible pretty much all over, if I'm not mistaken. Terminator, Rocky, Die Hard and Rambo were pretty well recieved I think. Indy will be to, but he's the only one not released yet.