Ark of the Covenant

hffan2000

this is very true taking into count that solomon had so many wives and concubines. i find it very likely that he could have slept with the queen of sheba and they had a child together who later came back and took the ark to axum. i think graham hancock's theory may be right on the money.

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
On a side note...

Even if the Jews unveil the Ark, I want proof that it is the original and not a replica.
My uncle did a project about 30 years ago and they made an exact replica of the Ark as discribed in the Bible, this project was top secret (darn now I have to kill everyone). They ended up with a huge defibulator (sp?), if you were to touch it, it would stop your heart. They could never quite figure out how it was, but once you touched the Ark it had to recharge so if one touched it someone else could touch it until it recharged. Really it is a giant, self conducting battery.
Okay now back to our regularly scheduled thread.

hffan2000

very interesting . of course even if it is some kind of electric conducter that does not mean that the power of God does not work through it. after all none of us have seen this thing in action.

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
Right, God does work in ways beyond our knowledge, I was just adding that tidbit in for the heck of it.;)

hffan2000

hey it was a cool tidbit trust me :) didn't offend me in the least Aaron. i admit i'm a tad faith based in my views when it comes to archeology but that's because i find the bible is proven right by archeological finds rather then proven wrong most of the time. on a side note i am pleased to see that this little thread that i started has lasted this long. this has turned out to be one heck of a discussion.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Venture said:
apalehorse said:
That helps....sort of, but still the confusion.

<small>no need to mention that the ways of the Lord are beyond that of man, no matter what I believe about James 1</small>
What confuses?

Why the Ark would reappear in Heaven?

Venture

As before, I don't think the Ark is in Heaven or is going to reappear there. I think it's in the possession of Israel in preparation for the consecration of the new temple, to be rebuilt for the last days.

I considered Axum for a while, but there are countless churches all over Ethiopia with mock Arks. Besides, Solomon's Vault has a lot more Indyesque intrigue to it...:cool:

But, seriously, the Vault makes more sense to me when seen in light of future events.

Venture

Aaron H said:
Yes it has, thank you for starting it!:)

I second that. Hhfan2K, you have a good grasp of Ark lore. I'm impressed.

And Thanatos, I'd love to hear your thoughts on Jas 1...I just preached out of it Thursday night!

hffan2000

well i love reading and watching stuff about biblical archeology. i'm interested in many biblical artifacts such as the spear of destiny , shroud of turin and many others. i am so glad everybody's enjoying this thread. i definitely think you guys have some great views on this topic. :)

Pale Horse

Staff member
hffan2000 said:
well i love reading and watching stuff about biblical archeology shroud of turin and many others :)

Interesting...what do you know about such endeavors?

<small>maybe another source of info for me, ehh Venture</small>

hffan2000

just what i learn on the history channel and read in magazines. that would be best covered in another thread sometime

Pale Horse

Staff member
I am working on a project and any tidbits always help...

I am not sure how a separate thread would fit into Indy though....

Venture

Aaron H, heads up!!

You said your uncle helped in an Ark recreation. Is it true that the thing is designed like a portable battery, recharged by ley lines and such?

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
He doesn't like talking about it. It was a classified government project. So I was lucky to get that much of out it. He never did explain how the thing worked, only that it did.

lornconner

Hi guys,

Just wanted to let you know that I'm fascinated by the thread, and can't wait to read more. I may jump in myself if I ever get time.

Glad to see you're still posting here, apalehorse! Sorry I've been absent for so long!

Lorn

Tennessee R

Thought I'd give this site. http://www.WyattMuseum.com
This is about Ron Wyatt. In his lifetime, he discovered things like the real Red Sea crossing site, which has been discussed earlier in this thread. A lot of people have tried to take his incredible discoveries and claim that they found it, but he is the original discoverer of the afore-mentioned, along with Mt. Sinai in Arabia, the rediscoverer of Sodom and Gomorrah, the researcher for Noah's Ark, in middle Eastern Turkey (not on Mt. Ararat), and he worked in a cave system for 3.5 years and claims to have located the Ark of the Covenant (Which his theory makes sense if you think about it).

If anyone finds it interesting, and wants to talk, I'll be visiting often.
(by the way, Venture, you have some pretty good posts here)