TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > Off Topic > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 09-04-2009, 02:42 PM   #76
Nurhachi1991
IndyFan

Wait so if they make a Kingdom hearts 3 will Spiderman be in it?
Nurhachi1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 02:51 PM   #77
jamesdude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurhachi1991
Wait so if they make a Kingdom hearts 3 will Spiderman be in it?

Hmmm.....a tri-branded Kingdom Hearts 3. it would take a hell of a lot of discs to fit Disney,Final Fantasy, and Marvel characters in one game.
jamesdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 03:07 PM   #78
Gear
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedeemedChild
However I am displeased with Disney creating rubbish like... Desperate Housewives.

ahem, pardon?
Gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 07:02 PM   #79
Irfaan
IndyFan

There is no hope for the future of mankind...

(Luke's scream) NOOOOOoooooo! Noooo! Noo!
Irfaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 07:10 PM   #80
Nurhachi1991
IndyFan

It's funny how people think Disney is so family friendly but really Disney is the root of all evil there just a money hungry power house that doesnt care what mindless crap they produce as long as they get paid.

Walt would be spinning in his grave.
Old 09-04-2009, 08:02 PM   #81
Meerkat
IndyFan

Quote:
It's funny how people think Disney is so family friendly but really Disney is the root of all evil there just a money hungry power house that doesnt care what mindless crap they produce as long as they get paid.

Isn't that what every single other really successful company is like these days? *cough*ANIMAL PLANET*cough cough*
Meerkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 11:28 PM   #82
Gear
IndyFan

Quote:
Walt would be spinning in his grave.

I have a family friend whose aunt worked for Walt in the early days. She was one of the artists who worked on darkening the outlines of the characters and wanted to be one of the actual cartoonists. She met Disney in his office when she purposed this, and he laughed and told her that women just didn't do that.

She didn't have a lot of great things to say about he himself, but this was also in a different age.
Gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 07:37 AM   #83
Raiders112390
IndyFan

Why do you guys hate Disney so much?

They've given people so much over the years, so many great movies, set alight the imaginations of millions of children and adults, and it seems everyone just wants to tear them down?

I mean even in recent years, they've created Kingdom Hearts, they've created Lilo & Stitch, Finding Nemo, Pirates of the Carribean, WALL-E, they've even got a great traditional 2D movie coming out this year, along with some really cool movies in the near future.

There's more to Disney, both now and in the past, than High School Musical. And kids like it. We shouldn't be so judgmental, since I'm sure a lot of the things we liked as little kids, older kids thought were stupid at the time.

They're one of the greatest companies out there, imo, and one of my favorite and I think they'll do a good job with Marvel.
Raiders112390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 12:02 PM   #84
Agent Crab
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders112390

They've given people so much over the years, so many great movies, set alight the imaginations of millions of children and adults, and it seems everyone just wants to tear them down?

I mean even in recent years, they've created Kingdom Hearts, they've created Lilo & Stitch, Finding Nemo, Pirates of the Carribean, WALL-E, they've even got a great traditional 2D movie coming out this year, along with some really cool movies in the near future.

There's more to Disney, both now and in the past, than High School Musical. And kids like it. We shouldn't be so judgmental, since I'm sure a lot of the things we liked as little kids, older kids thought were stupid at the time.

They're one of the greatest companies out there, imo, and one of my favorite and I think they'll do a good job with Marvel.

Lets not forget the Disney Afternoon that aired in the 90's. Showing cartoons such as Gargoyles, Tale Spin and Rescue Rangers.
Agent Crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 01:24 PM   #85
Nurhachi1991
IndyFan

Or Duck Tails, and Aladdin and Goof Troop
Old 09-05-2009, 02:31 PM   #86
Finn

Quote:
Duck Tails
Wonder if this was a Freudian slip...
Finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 09:00 AM   #87
IndyWolf15

I think Raiders112390 is right Disney has created marvelys movies, i for one enjoys the animated Disney Tarzan film, enfact i download Tarzan to my PSP. There is nothing wrong with Disney Raven fans. That's what Disney was made for familys.

Last edited by IndyWolf15 : 09-10-2009 at 09:09 AM.
IndyWolf15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 09:02 AM   #88
RedeemedChild
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders112390

Thank you very much Raiders11239. You've just given a priceless message in your post and I'm very appreciative.

BTW you people really have nothing to fear from Disney. I think now that Disney and Marvel are together you can expect to see X-Men become like Twilight. After doing a little research I think with Disney and Marvel together like this it might mean that Wolverine might become more like Edward Cullen. I mean after all in X-Men 1, 2 and 3 look at his interaction with Rogue and the people around him. Plus, the new Alice in Wonderland that Disney and Tim Burton are bringing is simply splendid. So no Disney is of no danger to Marvel, only a benefit. Long live Walt Disney.

Last edited by RedeemedChild : 09-10-2009 at 09:17 AM.
RedeemedChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 12:46 PM   #89
Agent Crab
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedeemedChild
Thank you very much Raiders11239. You've just given a priceless message in your post and I'm very appreciative.

BTW you people really have nothing to fear from Disney. I think now that Disney and Marvel are together you can expect to see X-Men become like Twilight. After doing a little research I think with Disney and Marvel together like this it might mean that Wolverine might become more like Edward Cullen. I mean after all in X-Men 1, 2 and 3 look at his interaction with Rogue and the people around him. Plus, the new Alice in Wonderland that Disney and Tim Burton are bringing is simply splendid. So no Disney is of no danger to Marvel, only a benefit. Long live Walt Disney.

I doubt Marvel will become like twilight. Did you know that Pulp Fiction or BKill Bill wasn't rated PG-13 or G? Miramax is owned by Disney. I didn't see "Wholesome family fun" in those films.

Disney is just owning Marvel. No changes, no wholesome familyness. No changes in the next Iron Movie. there will still be swearsi n it. However, swears are part of life. Live with 'em or leave.
Agent Crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 10:54 PM   #90
Nurhachi1991
IndyFan

No They changed the Indy ride!

Old 09-11-2009, 11:00 PM   #91
DocWhiskey
IndyFan

Quote:
No They changed the Indy ride!

Haha. Oh, mega64, you slay me.

"You're my son and I love you.
DocWhiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 07:15 PM   #92
Hans
IndyFan

Funny video Awesome But was that really the ride
Hans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 04:29 AM   #93
Le Saboteur
IndyFan

There's an interesting wrinkle in Disney's purchase.

Read all about it here.
Le Saboteur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 10:16 AM   #94
DocWhiskey
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Saboteur
There's an interesting wrinkle in Disney's purchase.

Read all about it here.

Haha. Geez.

Kirby estate to Disney: "Welcome to the comic books business."

Lawsuit. Lawsuit. Lawsuit.
DocWhiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 07:09 PM   #95
Moedred
Administrator

I read Marvel Previews ($1.25 a month!) always hoping to catch a flicker of Indy comic news, and to see everything they're throwing at the wall these days. I often wonder who reads this stuff and how many. Here's a site with some answers, and terminology (I guess I'm a "trade-waiter" if anything.) Meet Marvel Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing David Gabriel.

https://icv2.com/articles/news/view/...r-summit-day-1
https://icv2.com/articles/news/view/...r-summit-day-1
https://icv2.com/articles/news/view/...6-market-shift
Quote:
"I'm going to tell you, the limited series is the death knell,” Gabriel said of the current market environment. "The only place that it hasn't been a death knell, which is amazing, is on the Star Wars stuff. Anytime we've called something a limited series, it did not hurt the sales at all. You call anything else in the Marvel Universe a limited series, it's dead on arrival."
Hopefully this applies to Indy if they do 4 parters. On reboots and restarts:
Quote:
"Over the past three years while we've been doing this, we've been seeing, time and time again, phenomenal, phenomenal numbers going from 100,000 to 300,000 when we've done some of these launches. Once you get to issues 15, and 16, and 17 what in the world do you do to get those numbers from a 40,000, 60,000 unit book to 150,000 unit book even for one month?"
This is the pattern I've seen, few titles getting past 15 or 20, just starting over. But the October "Marvel Now 2.0" relaunch apparently fell flat and tons of comics were returned to Diamond. And here's how David Gabriel made headlines:
Quote:
What we heard was that people didn't want any more diversity. They didn't want female characters out there. That's what we heard, whether we believe that or not. I don't know that that's really true, but that's what we saw in sales. We saw the sales of any character that was diverse, any character that was new, our female characters, anything that was not a core Marvel character, people were turning their nose up against. That was difficult for us because we had a lot of fresh, new, exciting ideas that we were trying to get out and nothing new really worked.
It's amended by some PR spin that claims the opposite. Nearly every Marvel character has experienced race and gender bending at some point (though they never get short or fat). Hopefully they re-find their groove in this digital world.
Moedred is offline   Reply With Quote