Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

TheMutt92

Nurhachi1991 said:
Can someone explain to me why The Canyon of The Cresent Moon is in Transformers 2?

Because its one of the great Hollywood locals, they filmed there for LC (obviously) and Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger to name a few.

sandiegojones

Nurhachi1991 said:
Can someone explain to me why The Canyon of The Cresent Moon is in Transformers 2?
I don't think it's the same place exactly. There are similar places in Egypt and that's where the finale takes place. From the trailer I don't think that location is in a canyon and it's not maintained as well as the Petra is. Petra is in Jordan, not Egypt.

Kooshmeister

I already snapped up Alan Dean Foster's prequel novel for this, The Veiled Threat. So far a pretty good read! The beginning is priceless. I eagerly await Foster's novelization of the actual film, and, since I missed it the first time around, I'll get the original's off of eBay. :whip:

The Man

<object width="720" height="523"><param name="movie" value="http://www.traileraddict.com/emd/11288"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.traileraddict.com/emd/11288" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" wmode="transparent" allowfullscreen="true" width="720" height="523"></embed></object>​

The Man

The Boss. The Big Kahuna. The Chairman Of The Board. The Fallen...

zz0f637305.jpg

Agent Crab

Gotta love the trailer with Bumblebee where he was singing "I'm Excited!".

I can't wait for this movie. I rewatched the 2007 movie just recenty.

Dr.Tyree

Is Shia attending Marshall College in Transformers 2?

I was just watching the trailers for the 2009 Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. http://www.transformersmovie.com/ In the scenes where he is on campus, it looks a LOT like Marshall College from KOTCS. Particularly, Marcus Brody's statue (head replaced since 1957). Check it out, and let me know if I'm wrong. :gun:

IAdventurer01

I noticed that it appeared to be filmed in the same location too. I laughed to myself, saying, "I guess Indy had his way afterall."

The Man

Balls! Robot Balls!

A notable moment occurs during the dementedly frenetic final act of Transformers 2. A robot-on-robot fracas is unfolding around Egypt?s Giza Necropolis, with Devastator, an especially massive mechanoid comprised of several construction vehicles, set on clawing its way to the peak of a pyramid. As it lumbers up the dusty colossus, a shot tilts up to its mid-section, revealing two wrecking balls dangling down. Yes, Michael Bay, the man who brought us cyber-micturition in this movie?s predecessor, has one-upped himself: Decepticon testicles.

AndyLGR

sandiegojones said:
I don't think it's the same place exactly. There are similar places in Egypt and that's where the finale takes place. From the trailer I don't think that location is in a canyon and it's not maintained as well as the Petra is. Petra is in Jordan, not Egypt.

I saw the film today and they do go to Jordan and it looks like the same location as they used for the temple in Last Crusade.

Anyway, I enjoyed the film, even though the story is as similarly flimsy as the first one.

The effects and set pieces are fantastic.

I thought that they could have trimmed maybe 20 minutes from it as some of the battle scenes go on a bit too long.

Shia is very good at playing this type of role, I suppose the test for him will be as he matures and what acting roles he takes.

I liked the addition of the old Decepticon, yet I didnt grasp how they went to Egypt, maybe I missed the explantion to this. This is also the point where they work in Shias hand injury in to the movie. Although I'm not sure where the medical kit appeared from that they used.

..............and Megan Fox is unbelievably gorgeous throughout this film.

Nurhachi1991

This film was the biggest pile of crap to ever come out of Hollywoods ass...........

And for gods sake they used the Grail Temple...........

If you see this movie you choose poorly (n)

The Man

Nurhachi1991 said:
This film was the biggest pile of crap to ever come out of Hollywoods ass...........

And for gods sake they used the Grail Temple...........

If you see this movie you choose poorly (n)

You're not alone in your digust. This movie is getting heavy spankage.

sandiegojones

It's a movie about toys! Alien robots who transform into Earthly vehicles. Come on, that's a silly concept and has been for 25 years. It was cool when I was a kid, but all I ever liked was the fighting and the cars they transformed into. The story was not the high point.

All I expect is more robots fighting. I think most fans wanted more of that this time. I find it funny how critics always attack dumb summer movies like they're Oscar bait or something. The reviewer at the New York Times critiqued Bay's mise-en-scene! I mean, how pretentious!!! It's an effects film, not a story driven one. I think they just like to attack Bay. Films like these do not kill dramatic Hollywood films, even though critics like to complain that they do. They make the money that allows for smaller films to be made that do not have huge profits. Unfortunately it's the dramatic films that have really dropped off in quality.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
The original treatment I read involved an orb secured beneath the Luxor in Vegas (Simmons posed as a janitor). When compromised, the kids race to detonate the EMP atop the Stratosphere. In comparison, the Wikipedia movie summary reads like gibberish. Too bad it doesn't matter to the fanboys.
megan-fox-roseboy-photo.jpg

DocWhiskey

This movie was god awful. I had to look at my watch at least 30 times. The 1st one is corny and stupid but at least a little tiny bit manageable to sit through. This one is pure ****. And pure **** isn't far from the 1st one may I add.

Does Bay put in EVERY bit of footage he shoots? So much could be cut out. Like all of it. But seriously, cut out some of the silly **** and get along with the "story".

God, Shia walks into his dorm in the film and it has posters on the wall of movies Michael Bay directed. Bay is such a douchebag. I wouldn't even want my name plastered up on the screen the second that film ends. It's like it's telling you "He's responsible! Kill him!" which I gladly would.

This slop gets a standing ovation when it's finished and Indy 4 gets disappointed sighs.

It's a funny world we live in.