Relationship of characters: Son, Wife,...

Hanselation

I hate the Shia LaBeouf play's Indy's son utterances.

You all know also Ray Winston plays a chracter in Indy 4. What if he plays an old rival of Indy and Shia would play Winston's characters son? :) Or Shia plays the son of the Cate Blanchett character.:D
But I really doubt, that Shia play's Indy's son :( ...really boaring and this cheap idea won't fit to Spielberg
(..but maybe to G.L. :eek: )

indyt

The movie will not be doomed, but I agree, I dont really want Indy to have a son in this movie. A daughter maybe. But the way the rumors are going and if they are true, Shia may be Indys boy.

indyt said:
The movie will not be doomed, but I agree, I dont really want Indy to have a son in this movie. A daughter maybe. But the way the rumors are going and if they are true, Shia may be Indys boy.

I definitely believe Shia's character is Indy's son. I personally have no problem with it.

Henry Jones Junior said:
I definitely believe Shia's character is Indy's son. I personally have no problem with it.

Yeah, seems he's the son. I'll learn to accept it. As long as Indy does all the action and stunts of yore then I can live with any plot development really. I just hope that's not a big "if"...

StwongBwidge said:
Yeah, seems he's the son. I'll learn to accept it. As long as Indy does all the action and stunts of yore then I can live with any plot development really. I just hope that's not a big "if"...
I'm sure Shia's character will have a few moments of action just like Henry did in Crusade.

Henry Jones Junior said:
I'm sure Shia's character will have a few moments of action just like Henry did in Crusade.

No doubt. Just as long as Indy has as many moments as previously. The more the merrier!

Rae-deemer

You guys need to start to face reality (in more ways than one).

Shia is OBVIOUSLY Indy's son. This is just like those fans out there that hope and pray that Shia plays a young Indy in the film, although we have already seen him in 50's garb.

Put 2 and 2 together guys.

Shia is his son! Get over it and let's enjoy what we have.

StwongBwidge said:
No doubt. Just as long as Indy has as many moments as previously. The more the merrier!

LOL Agreed. I mean the last thing I would wnt is this to be a backdoor pilot for a spin-off series. Alas after so many scripts I find that unlikely. Whenever I see too many 50's cars (which I love!!) I just go back to the pic of Harrison released a couple weeks ago and then I get back in an Indy mindset.

Rae-deemer said:

Shia is OBVIOUSLY Indy's son. This is just like those fans out there that hope and pray that Shia plays a young Indy in the film, although we have already seen him in 50's garb.

Re-read the posts. Everybody IS accepting it as fact.

Rae-deemer said:

I have always supported the idea of Shia as Indy's son. Honestly I wouldn't care if he was not Indy's son and Indy was a surrogate father to him. I thought that was an interesting thing they did with Short Round.

Dr.Sartorius said:
I'll believe he's his son when it becomes official. I'm expecting he is the son though.

It's always good to have some skepticism when it comes to spoilers, until a few reliable sources say the same thing without citing one another I remain sorta open to discuss the ideas but not to treating them as fact. I am treating the Shia as Indy and Marion's son thing as fact.

MsIndy07

I had a thought that maybe Shia's Character and Indy start off the movie as hero and sidekick, no relation, like Shortround. Then throughout the movie, they develop a bond, like a surrogate father figure, then towards the end they surprise the audience with a, I am your father bit. But I definitely think they will keep us in suspense until towards the end.

This sounded a lot better in my head when I was thinking it!

Sankara

Well, I'll believe he's his son when it becomes official. I want the best for "Indy IV" and so I hope and pray that Shia is NOT Indy's son...

sarah navarro

StwongBwidge said:

i think hes indys son and i actually like shia labeouf , i think it sounds great , sounds like george lucas to me.:D .........................AS LONG AS SHIA DOESNT TURN INTO THE NEW INDIANA JONES :mad:

Indie House

Easy kids...

The idea of Indy's offspring in this film is almost manditory. It's an ideal scenario in which to give the character more depth and fill the shoes of an ageing adventurer. And, besides the scripting reasons there's also the chance for the franchise to reinvent itself a little as it did with Last Crusade and find new and exciting ways to thrill the audience.

What a shame it would be to simply see Raiders rehashed with nothing but a few changed backdrops and plot points.

It seems like a hard thing for some fans out there to let go of the security they know in the existing films but there is so much more to be gained by taking a leap of faith.

:hat:

Sankara

In "Last Crusade" Indy brings his father...

Now, Indy is older and brings his son... :)

This is sooo..... LAME!!!!