Lack of News

Zorg

Lack of news... getting.... frustrated... give.. us... something.. please. Hopefully we'll get a new video on the official site in September.

Dr.Sartorius

Zorg said:
Lack of news... getting.... frustrated... give.. us... something.. please. Hopefully we'll get a new video on the official site in September.

A new video in September? Its been two weeks since the last lame video. We need a new update now.

Professor Jones

Dr.Sartorius said:
A new video in September? Its been two weeks since the last lame video. We need a new update now.

Well, actually september is just few days ahead. I really HOPE they release a new video in september!!!;)

No Ticket

Professor Jones said:
Sorry for the double posting, but I've found something it's quite interesting... Maybe I'm a little delay and I've discovered the "hot water", but has anybody seen that???

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=LLazBvbbGqA&mode=related&search=

Hmmm... doubling as a south American jungle. Surprise surprise! lol.
That waterfall is in the shot of the truck going over it.

I hope they don't just call it "Indiana Jones IV" That would be pretty lame.

Professor Jones

No Ticket said:
That waterfall is in the shot of the truck going over it.

I hope they don't just call it "Indiana Jones IV" That would be pretty lame.

My thoughts exactly! I've noticed the waterfall, it's really the same of that photos.

Indiana Jones IV would be the worst title ever!!!! The fact they have already decided it, anyway, seems to exclude the "six title list" hypothesis.

torao

Moderator Emeritus
Dear ___________ who has brought us the online content for WAR OF THE WORLDS (that's what Steven Awalt has said) and is now having all our attention as far as any new second of Indy IV footage is concerned.
I demand:

~a fresh video if I get up tomorrow morning and
do my routine check.

~a premium feature* that will make it
possible for me to turn that ****ing sound off once and for
all.

*for anyone who visits and refreshes the page more than twice a day during days of high news anticipation. (whoever responsible for the site's content has conditioned me to expect some new footage every two weeks. It's all his fault.)

commontone

Can we really expect them to give us a "not lame" video every two weeks? It's a little maddening, but ultimately I like the pace they're dishing this stuff out at. I do think they need to post something intriguing soon though...but if they do, I won't expect another one a few weeks later.

northernsoul

Hardly real news, but?

Old Ford Holds Up Indy

Harrison Ford continues to defy his age on the set of Indiana Jones 4 - but now the whip-cracking 65-year-old may have overstepped the mark. Such is the veteran star's determination to do all his own stunts, he has held up production on the movie. "Harrison has amazed everyone with his fitness, stamina and bravery but he's on the verge of pushing things too far," reveals an insider on the set. "There was one particularly tricky stunt that involved a fall from a building that ended up taking twice as long to shoot because Harrison not only wanted to do it, but to do it twice in case the second time was better. A stunt man could have done it in moments but everything was held up so Harrison could do it - and then you couldn't really see it was him anyway!"

http://www.absolutenow.com/news/20070827.html#news2

Sounds like he was holding things up because he?s stubborn rather than too old? but there you go. Sorry if it?s been posted!

Kingsley

northernsoul said:
Hardly real news, but?
Sounds like he was holding things up because he?s stubborn rather than too old? but there you go. Sorry if it?s been posted!

The 'too old' commentary must have reached Fords ego too. But I am happy that he is sooo involved with the film, its a good signal.
He probably will make clear that if a 65 old Harrison can do it, there is no doubt Indy can do it too. :whip:

No Ticket

commontone said:
Can we really expect them to give us a "not lame" video every two weeks? It's a little maddening, but ultimately I like the pace they're dishing this stuff out at. I do think they need to post something intriguing soon though...but if they do, I won't expect another one a few weeks later.

You know, I was thinking. Why do they NEED to give us ANYTHING. Why should we EXPECT a new video every couple of weeks anyway?

Just because most websites do crap like that these days in anticipation of movies doesn't mean Indy has to. In the old school days, you didn't get such privileges. You read small things here and there in the newspaper or magazines and maybe saw something on the news.

Trailers is all you really got and then the movie. Why should we expect them to make such a huge event out of the movie online just because we can't stand it!?!

I think that's ridiculous. I know you guys will think I'm crazy, but I think I'd rather them give us hardly anything. Then all we will have is the movie trailer. The real thing to be excited about is the movie itself.

The movie itself.

Not the little behind-the-scenes videos.

Not the interviews with all the actors.

Just the movie.

That's the only thing that is really important. I understand why everyone wants to see all the new videos. But to get mad at them (as is what happened on the last video) for not giving enough or whatever is dumb.

We should be grateful we get anything like that at all.

Zorg

No Ticket has good points and I do agree that the film itself is and remains the most important thing. Always has been.

But since we're living in the internet age and such things as small video snippets posted in the official site are possible, I very much like to see them every once and a while. I don't expect them to contain spoilers, I don't expect them to contain even interviews with the cast or crew ? just some little things. And I agree ? at the end of the day clips like that are completely useless, but also oh so nice for a fan that's been waiting for years for this film to happen.

Personally I wasn't that happy with the latest video because it just seemed to recycle old things for the fifth time at least.

Niteshade007

No Ticket said:
You know, I was thinking. Why do they NEED to give us ANYTHING. Why should we EXPECT a new video every couple of weeks anyway?

Just because most websites do crap like that these days in anticipation of movies doesn't mean Indy has to. In the old school days, you didn't get such privileges. You read small things here and there in the newspaper or magazines and maybe saw something on the news.

Trailers is all you really got and then the movie. Why should we expect them to make such a huge event out of the movie online just because we can't stand it!?!

I think that's ridiculous. I know you guys will think I'm crazy, but I think I'd rather them give us hardly anything. Then all we will have is the movie trailer. The real thing to be excited about is the movie itself.

The movie itself.

Just the movie.

That's the only thing that is really important. I understand why everyone wants to see all the new videos. But to get mad at them (as is what happened on the last video) for not giving enough or whatever is dumb.

We should be grateful we get anything like that at all.

You bring up some really good points, and while I'm not one of the ones complaining about the videos, I will argue for those that have. They kind of set a precedent at the beginning. They were put together videos that had nice little interviews that showed the first day of shooting, and them a video of shooting in New Haven. And then we got the huge news about Marion shortly after that. There was one video, I believe, that showed Indy in a leather jacket and fedora in the jungle with Shia (not sure if that came before or after Marion's news). For a while, things were quite after that, and then they showed a video of the original films, and then nothing. I know its not right to complain since we did get a lot, but I can see where the ones who want more information are coming from. They just suddenly quit, and didn't end on a high note. I assumed that once shooting started in the studio, we'd hear less because no one would have access to those place. Now, we only have a few pictures of sets, no one in costume or anything. To go from new pictures almost daily of the New Haven shoot, to learning about Marion in the upcoming sequel, and then to just quit cold turkey isn't healthy for Indiana Jones fans. Many are probably still in shock, and will need years of intense therapy to even have a chance of living a normal life again.

Professor Jones

No Ticket said:
The real thing to be excited about is the movie itself.

The movie itself.

Just the movie.

That's the only thing that is really important.

As others have pointed out yours perspective is quite correct, and I really appreciate your way to express your thoughts in any thread.

I just add that I'm curious to see little "behind-the-scenes videos" and "interviews with all the actors" JUST BECAUSE of the movie itself and to taste some flavour of what it'll be. That's not "dumb" as you say, it's perfectly human.

What man is not anxious when she wait for something I really cares about? The more I really care about the movie itself the more I'll be eager of some anticipations.

It's the same when one is waiting the results of an important exams... an anticipation would surely feed his anxiety! ;)

seasider

We just another small interview with Shia Lebeouf and his orgasmic reactions about how excited he is and how unworhty he feels being in the movie.