Mad Magazine Indy parodies

Hanselation

I like the MAD Indy self building storyboard from 1984. With different storylines, depending on the box you're reading forward. It's like:
Indiana Jones [hamlet] [a sheep ][with his grandma]...and so on :D

You know that?

yodazone

Violet Indy said:
Has a KOTCS parody been done yet? I haven't seen it down here.

in the latest MAD #490 there's:

- the top-secrect "indiana jones memo" from george lucas to steven spielberg

- embryonic jones and the temple of womb(a mad poster)

- 10 things indiana jones hates more than snakes

(y)

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Hanselation said:
the MAD Indy self building storyboard
It was the "Do-It-Yourself Indiana Jones Sequel," March 1986.
Wonder if it helped with KotCS. I'd love to see it if anyone can dig it up.

Luke Skywalker

The three issues of the original trilogy are really critic.

I mean they mock those movies saying they have unvelievable scenes, plot holes and loads of special effects.

Same what people say now about KOTCS....

yodazone

There's a new "Indy 4" parody featured inside the latest MAD #493:

"Inadiaper Jones and the Kingdom of the Creative Dry Spell"- By Arnie Kogen & Hermann Mejia

494dp2.jpg

http://www.dccomics.com/mad/?action=on_the_stands&i=10492

Yes we can't!!

(y)

Saber79

Awesome scans...I haven't seen those cartoons in years. (Mags were kept in parent's basement, until the water heater decided it was time to flood the basement)...

Great stuff and even more cooler seeing Al Jaffe still doing the fold-ins...nice! (y)

Stoo

Al Jaffee rocks. I always loved "Snappy Answers to Stupid Questions". There is a video by Beck (I think) that does the fold-in thing. Anyone know what song it is?
Anyway, Saber...Hockey, Ford Mustangs, graphics, Indy? We're a match made in heaven.:p I wonder if Don Martin ever drew Indy?

Saber79

haha lol

excellent all-star game in montreal, was fun to watch!

As for Martin, I'm not sure if he ever drew Indy, definitely be something to check out.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Mad goes from 12 to 4 issues a year after #500 in April. It was at 8 a year from 1959-1993. Mad Kids and Mad Classics are cancelled.

Thanks Stoo! I hear Mad Classics #22 from July 2008 reprints MAD's Do-It-Yourself "Indiana Jones" Sequel. Anyone have it? For scenarios like,
Indiana Jones-makes fun of-a small Oriental boy-on the Merv Griffen show-when an evil holy man viciously snaps his suspenders.-Using his gun,-he beats up a man twice his size-but gets hit on the head.-Since the movie is almost over,-Indy gets the treasure, the girl and a painful rash-The End (Until next sequel!).

Goonie

Moedred said:
Mad goes from 12 to 4 issues a year after #500 in April. It was at 8 a year from 1959-1993. Mad Kids and Mad Classics are cancelled.

Don't forget, Mad TV also got canned. :(

Moedred said:

Thanks so much! As someone who takes his username from that ROTLA parody, you *know* it's appreciated!

My best friend and I were ten when that issue was published, and we were sitting in the elementary school cafeteria choking down our lunches--I would often trade my eskimo pie for his ham and bagel sandwich--and we were laughing like...mad...at the parody. Twenty-eight years ago.

yodazone

Moedred said:

This news is a couple months old now but they're bringing back MAD to bi-monthly status this Summer (I think the DC Comics restructuring and the upcoming MAD Animated series on Adult Swim helped): :D

http://www.tomrichmond.com/blog/2010/03/12/breaking-news-mad-magazine-goes-bimonthly/

Here's a Harrison Ford/Indy caricature on Tom Richmond's blog too:

http://www.tomrichmond.com/blog/2010/04/25/sunday-mailbag-197/

:gun:

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Bought Absolutely Mad (50 years on 1 DVD-Rom) and can view the trilogy in color, but can only print or take screenshots. I'm not sure if it's in color here.
0008xffc

Stoo

Nice one, Moedred. I can't believe Indy gets the only billing on the front cover. Gotta love Alfred as the boulder!(y)