Both 'mystery of the blues' bookends w/Preview

Major West

Thanks for posting that. Shame we couldn't have had the whole episode about the 1950 adventure instead of that Blues flashback story.

Flannery10

Thanks so much, for posting that. Do you have any more bookends you could upload, because I haven't seen most of them and I remember them to be so great. I also appreciate the preview, which was great too, so if you have anymore, it would be so great of you to post them

metalinvader

No,I didn't upload this.Found this on the harrisonfordweb forum.To bad Ford didn't do the whole series,The whole show could have been like this!

Blue Jay

Did anyone notice that they played the music of the truck chase scene from Raiders during the car chase scene in mystery,
i thought it was overall pretty good idea to implement the music from the movies!
nice touch!
:whip:

Stoo

Yes, I love it! It's also the only time that the "Raiders March" was used
in the entire series which made H.Ford's appearance all the more special.

Thank you for posting that! I'd seen the episode years ago on TV but I had come in after the start so I missed the opening bookend. Great to finally see it! It's pretty ridiculous... but all in good fun.

Stoo

Man, where were you living? If you lived in the northeastern States or southern Canada then I feel sorry for you if you were outside!:dead: That night, in March '93, there was a HUGE snowstorm that stretched across several states/provinces. (Someone else mentioned this in a recent thread.)

As for myself, I'd been taping all the episodes and was all set for the trumped-up broadcast on ABC when the signal went out due to the extremely bad weather. Needless to say - I freaked! Then, magically, the signal came back right when the show started. Big relief but there were gigantic BLIZZARD WARNINGS scrolling across the bottom of the screen which was really annoying. They eventually went away but it was an excrutiating experience.

I can't believe you've never seen it before but am glad you like. Yes, it's absolutlely ridiculous but great because of H.Ford and a peek at a new chapter in Indy-lore.

Well, like I said, I've seen the ending and most of the episode. I've seen the ending many times in fact. Just never the first 10 minutes.

And I saw it around 1999ish when the series went into syndication.

Flannery10

I just wanna make sure! Is this gonna be on the DVDs that will be released soon? Because I know they cut out the Old Indy bookends, but I think, I heard they didn't cut out this one.

Junior Jones

There are actually Old Indy bookends with George Hall that were broadcast in Europe when the episode was shown as two parts. Those have been cut just like all the other George Hall bookends. But the Harrison Ford cameo is part of the movie, and I'm sure it will be on the DVD.

Stoo

Yes, I really want to see them. Indy's grandson, Spike, is jamming with his band in the garage while Old Indy staves off the complaining neighbours. Do you have those bookends? I can't remember...

Don't worry, Flannery10. The H.Ford bits will be on the DVD.

Junior Jones

I do have the Chicago bookends, but the video and sound quality is poor. Plus, they were recorded on VHS and I don't have the equipment to upload them to my computer.

Don't obsess about it too much, though. A lot of the Old Indy bookends are really cool, but some are... not so much. And these definitely come down in the "lame" category.

Grizzlor

Stoo, that was a bad winter, particularly Feb. and March here in NJ, it snowed constantly. I still have my recording of Mystery of the Blues, probably done later than summer when it was re-run on ABC.

PS: Believe it or not, there were actually George Hall bookends filmed for this episode, and shown I think in the UK.

Flannery10

In the USA, the episode was 90 minutes long, but they splitted it in Europe in 2 45-minute segments and put Old Indy bookends to them. But on the VHS re release there are also the H. Ford bookends and the Old Indy ones were dropped

They're mainly about Indy's grandson Spike playing instruments with his friends, and the neighbors complaining about the noise. I haven't seen them, I just heard about them. Is there anybody here who has the Old Indy bookends taped and could upload them, please?

Stoo

Grizzlor said:
Stoo, that was a bad winter, particularly Feb. and March here in NJ, it snowed constantly.
Kind of fitting that "Blues" included a snowstorm, then! (For us, at least).

To both Grizzlor and metalinvader, Junior Jones and I were just discussing the alternate "Blues" bookends a few posts above. You guys better go grab a cup of coffee!;)