Confused

Indy's Fist

As I'm watching YIJ volume one I notice some weird things. Now I know these DVDs are re-edits of the original episodes. In "My First Adventure" the first part ends with T.E Lawrance, then a whole new second part starts. In the second part which I thought was in the same time frame shows Young Indy who,looks older in this segment. I've searched TV.com and imdb for help but now I'm more confused. :confused:

Adamwankenobi

YIJ has always been a bit of a mess in terms of how it was originally filmed and aired, as well as in its subsequent VHS and DVD releases.

The first part of "My First Adventure" was originally part of the series' pilot episode "Young Indiana Jones and the Curse of the Jackal". The two halves of the episode were split for the VHS and DVD release, with the Egypt segment being the first part of "My First Adventure", the Mexico segment being the second part of "Spring Break Adventure". The second part of "My First Adventure" (the Tangiers segment) was shot specifically for "My First Adventure" in 1996. Since this was two years after the series ended, Corey Carrier looks noticeably older in that segment.

It's sloppy storytelling if you ask me.:confused:

Indy's Fist

Thank you. That helps explaing the age diference in young Indy. So were these two different adventures then, because the first part in Egypt just sort of ends and that's it wham! right on to part two.

Adamwankenobi

Indy's Fist said:
So were these two different adventures then, because the first part in Egypt just sort of ends and that's it wham! right on to part two.

In both "Curse of the Jackal" and "My First Adventure", each half is really its own adventure. However, each half of "Curse of the Jackal" is connected by Indy's attempt to retrieve the Jackal.