Go Back   The Raven > Off Topic > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

View Poll Results: Do you like Shelters for pets or no
I think shelters are good for the pets 7 31.82%
I hate Shelters for pets! 2 9.09%
I'm not sure 0 0%
Who cares! 6 27.27%
I take dogs and cats who are homeless to my house for keeps sake and to care for them 3 13.64%
Dogs and cats who are homeless I can not take care of but I would take them in if I could 1 4.55%
I would take the animals to a shelter 3 13.64%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-09-2009, 01:28 PM   #26
The Drifter
IndyFan

Location: The distant figure that walks the treeline. The man standing in the field.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedeemedChild
Yes, you and me both. Only problem is that's only gonna happen in our dreams.

To bad there are no girls that look JUST like her down at Lennox Square. However I did see a girl that looked like that woman from Heroes, the one who has a son named Issac. However she was very much taken so I kept going.

BTW Lonsome_Drifter I am not looking down on you my dear friend. I do hope you that eat fish occassionally, even Christ disciples ate fish. However I'm not going to stand by idle and refuse to join in on the whole "Save the Planet" thing.

I love my planet and God gave mankind a responsibility back in Eden to care for the planet. Even our leaders in Washington, DC both Democrat and Republican are saying that we need to care for the poor planet. The earth is "waxing old like a garment" and it is high time that we do something about it. I have nothing against meat eaters or dairy eaters for that matter.

Lets all work together to make the world "a better place."

I agree that we should help save the planet, but I refuse to see how people eating meat is the problem. I have learned long ago not to judge people's choices in life.
I'd rather much become part of wildlife preservation charities. That's a bigger issue.
The Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 01:39 PM   #27
RedeemedChild
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonsome_Drifter
I agree that we should help save the planet, but I refuse to see how people eating meat is the problem. I have learned long ago not to judge people's choices in life.
I'd rather much become part of wildlife preservation charities. That's a bigger issue.

Lonsome_Drifter I am not judging you are anyone elses choices. I was simply giving my opinion.

BTW why is it that the government tolerate's PETA? I have come across some more information on google that I find greatly offensive and I can't see how anyone tolerates PETA at all. It's diabolical. No wonder Agent Crab was up in arms about these guys.
RedeemedChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 01:39 PM   #28
Attila the Professor

Quote:

I mean, it is part of the problem, and I say this as a content and happy meat-eater myself. Beef alone, and the methane problem...and I think they always say something about what's grown in order to feed livestock as well. To say nothing of the conditions of breeding, raising, and slaughter, in many cases.

I largely turn a blind eye to such things, but that doesn't mean they don't exist.
Attila the Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 01:52 PM   #29
Nurhachi1991
IndyFan

I bet she knows how to do more than just save the planet!
Nurhachi1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 01:59 PM   #30
kongisking
IndyFan

A shelter is better than just leaving the little guys out in this harsh, unforgiving world on their own. That being said, I VERY STRONGLY dissaprove of putting down those who never find owners. It's evil, IMO, and nothing short of murder. Do we kill human orphans when nobody comes to adopt them? I hope not. So animals have just as mich right to live as we do (since, after all, human beings actually are animals too, despite whatever those fundamentalist religious jerkoffs want you to believe...)
kongisking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 02:06 PM   #31
RedeemedChild
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kongisking
A shelter is better than just leaving the little guys out in this harsh, unforgiving world on their own. That being said, I VERY STRONGLY dissaprove of putting down those who never find owners. It's evil, IMO, and nothing short of murder. Do we kill human orphans when nobody comes to adopt them? I hope not. So animals have just as mich right to live...

It's nice to see your viewpoint. I admire it and share your sentiments. Because if we did kill babies for lack of homes we'd be just as bad as the Spartans.
Old 11-09-2009, 02:15 PM   #32
Agent Crab
IndyFan

You can still eat meat and help out the planet.

I don't care what anyone eats. I only care if you shove your vaules into my face.

I cannot eat a vegan or a vegetarian diet. I will get sick. I cannot eat nuts, soy or Tofu.
Agent Crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 02:17 PM   #33
Rocket Surgeon

Quote:
It's nice to see your viewpoint. I admire it and share your sentiments. Because if we did kill babies for lack of homes we'd be just as bad as the Spartans.

We don't kill babies because of we have no way to support them, (i.e. give them homes)?

Most women, however, decide to have an abortion because the pregnancy represents a problem in their lives (Bankole et al. 1998, 1999; Alan Guttmacher Institute 1999).

Some women feel emotionally unprepared to enter parenthood and raise a child; they are too young or do not have a reliable partner with whom to raise a child. Many young women in high school or college find themselves pregnant and must choose between continuing the education they need to survive economically and dropping out to have a baby. Young couples who are just starting their lives together and want children might prefer to become financially secure first to provide better care for their future children.
Rocket Surgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 02:20 PM   #34
RedeemedChild
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attila the Professor
I mean, it is part of the problem, and I say this as a content and happy meat-eater myself. Beef alone, and the methane problem...and I think they always say something about what's grown in order to feed livestock as well. To say nothing of the conditions of breeding, raising, and slaughter, in many cases.

I largely turn a blind eye to such things, but that doesn't mean they don't exist.

Attila you really impresse me at times. BTW what you've said is the same as what a friend of mine who I call Mr. Gary told me not to long ago. He showed me a video of cows suffering horrible abuse. It nearly killed me. I could not bear to watch the video to the end. So yeah, I see where u r coming from.

BTW Agent Crab I understand your situation and I feel for you. BTW I'd survive off of Grace Park if I could, but I can't so I'm simply a geeky Vegan. As Nurachai said I bet she can do more than save the planet. Grace Park is the one ring to rule them all.
Old 11-09-2009, 02:33 PM   #35
Agent Crab
IndyFan

Tofu looks like ****.

It smells like ****.

I can't eat it.

Jut really, Reedeem. You can't force your vaules on people.
Old 11-09-2009, 02:39 PM   #36
RedeemedChild
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Crab
Tofu looks like ****.

It smells like ****.

I can't eat it.

Jut really, Reedeem. You can't force your vaules on people.

I ain't trying to force anything on you. I just told you I understood that you said you can't be a Vegan.
Old 11-09-2009, 02:49 PM   #37
Agent Crab
IndyFan

Quote:
I ain't trying to force anything on you. I just told you I understood that you said you can't be a Vegan.

You did, though.

Quote:
Even the celebs are revealing that they are Vegans. Vegans are a surefire benefit to the planet. Life should not be taken to satisfy the appetite of another lifeform. Cannibalism must be brought to an end. Save our animals. Eat Tofu.

Why eat Tofu? What you eat shouldn't effect the planet.

Eating meat is not cannibalism. Eating your best friend who is human is cannibalism.

You do not have to follow what a celebs does or eats.

Eating a burger does not make you a cow. Eating bacon does not make you a pig. Eating chicken does not make you into a chicken.

If you are a Vegan or a Vegetarian, fine. keep your vaules to yourself.
Old 11-09-2009, 02:49 PM   #38
Dr Bones
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Surgeon
We don't kill babies because of we have no way to support them, (i.e. give them homes)?

I agree with you RS...we do.

Dying rooms in China....?

Anyway...I got my pets from shelters and would again.
Dr Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 03:01 PM   #39
The Drifter
IndyFan

Location: The distant figure that walks the treeline. The man standing in the field.
I have some nice Italian Sausage frying to go into my lasagna.
Old 11-09-2009, 03:02 PM   #40
IndyWolf15

Quote:
Originally Posted by kongisking
A shelter is better than just leaving the little guys out in this harsh, unforgiving world on their own. That being said, I VERY STRONGLY dissaprove of putting down those who never find owners. It's evil, IMO, and nothing short of murder. Do we kill human orphans when nobody comes to adopt them? I hope not. So animals have just as mich right to live as we do (since, after all, human beings actually are animals too, despite whatever those fundamentalist religious jerkoffs want you to believe...)
Well my friend animals were made to survive on there own, its great to have pets but we must understand dogs and live on there own. The dog I met finds food and water and he has no home. But you are right about people not puting dogs down, that would be terrible! I would hope humans use there sane minds not to put children to sleep.

BTW I eat chicken and fish, my family is not a full vegan, AND WHY THE HECK ARE WE TALKING ABOUT VEGANS????????????? We are suppose to be talking about animals and shelters!!! Why do you guys get in these debates so much and then get the thread closed????????????
IndyWolf15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 03:05 PM   #41
The Drifter
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyWolf15
BTW I eat chicken and fish, my family is not a full vegan, AND WHY THE HECK ARE WE TALKING ABOUT VEGANS????????????? We are suppose to be talking about animals and shelters!!! Why do you guys get in these debates so much and then get the thread closed????????????

For once, Indywolf. I agree with you.
Old 11-09-2009, 03:14 PM   #42
Agent Crab
IndyFan

Quote:
Well my friend animals were made to survive on there own, its great to have pets but we must understand dogs and live on there own. The dog I met finds food and water and he has no home. But you are right about people not puting dogs down, that would be terrible! I would hope humans use there sane minds not to put children to sleep.

Ease up on the question marks.

Your brother was the one who brought up the whole Vegan ordeal. What about cats? Since you mentioned dogs.
Old 11-09-2009, 06:59 PM   #43
Dr Bones
IndyFan

Quote:
Well my friend animals were made to survive on there own, its great to have pets but we must understand dogs and live on there own.

Domestic dogs and cats can and do live feral but it's not ideal...we have bred out a lot of their natural abilities and they don't always adapt well, depending on the breed and environment...so letting them fend for themselves is cruel and irresponsible. Some lack the hunting skills or physical attributes of true wild cats/dogs and instead become scavengers or pests.

Then there's the ecological implications of dogs/cats runing wild. They can and have decimated wildlife and even caused nurmerous species to become extinct or endangered through predation, disease or cross breeding. Not to mention the danger and the risk of disease they pose to livestock and humans.

Unchecked, feral dogs/cats become a blight and this often results in said animals being exterminated, but not always in a humane way. Many places have a shoot on site policy. Many local kids torment and torture these "pests" and earn money for pest control.

The fact they run wild does not make them wild animals...they were our responsiblity and a problem we have made by neglecting and abandoning them.
Dr Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 07:02 PM   #44
DocWhiskey
IndyFan

Quote:
I have some nice Italian Sausage frying to go into my lasagna.

Oddly sexual yet tantalizing. I can't look away.

EDIT: I just realized this wasn't the "what r u eating" thread.
DocWhiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 07:03 PM   #45
The Drifter
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWhiskey
Oddly sexual yet tantalizing. I can't look away.

LMAO, it smelled so good while frying. I had to go and take a cold shower.
Old 11-09-2009, 07:04 PM   #46
Agent Crab
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Bones
Domestic dogs and cats can and do live feral but it's not ideal...we have bred out a lot of their natural abilities and they don't always adapt well, depending on the breed and environment...so letting them fend for themselves is cruel and irresponsible. Some lack the hunting skills or physical attributes of true wild cats/dogs and instead become scavengers or pests.

Then there's the ecological implications of dogs/cats runing wild. They can and have decimated wildlife and even caused nurmerous species to become extinct or endangered through predation, disease or cross breeding. Not to mention the danger and the risk of disease they pose to livestock and humans.

Unchecked, feral dogs/cats become a blight and this often results in said animals being exterminated, but not always in a humane way. Many places have a shoot on site policy. Many local kids torment and torture these "pests" and earn money for pest control.

The fact they run wild does not make them wild animals...they were our responsiblity and a problem we have made by neglecting and abandoning them.

Cows can't be put in the wild, either.
Old 11-09-2009, 07:05 PM   #47
The Drifter
IndyFan

Quote:
Cows can't be put in the wild, either.

They'd never survive. Same as domesticated horses.
Old 11-10-2009, 09:23 AM   #48
IndyWolf15

Quote:
Ease up on the question marks.

Your brother was the one who brought up the whole Vegan ordeal. What about cats? Since you mentioned dogs.
Well my mom hates cats so my parents have never given me one, but I did befriend a stray kitten, it was very sweet, it was misstreated by its previous owner, it had lost a leg by something, it would roam then come back to me for food. I like stray animals because when you have no pets and you can't have one where you live its nice to see a dog or cat befriend you and play with you, thats how it is with my family, that is why I love seeing stray dogs and cats so I will have someone to play with and talk to even do they can't speak back. Its a real treat to have a animal befriend you, right guys?

If a s----- comes up to me I will scream call my dad and have him kill it, a good s---- is a dead one.

If RC says something about vegans just say something like this, Its cool your a vegan, I'm not a vegan, and I hate how it taste but I'm glad you like being a vegan, and leave it at that.

Last edited by IndyWolf15 : 11-10-2009 at 09:29 AM.
Old 11-10-2009, 09:31 AM   #49
Rocket Surgeon

Quote:
Well my mom hates cats so my parents have never given me one, but I did befriend a stray kitten, it was very sweet, it was misstreated by its previous owner, it had lost a leg by something, it would roam then come back to me for food. I like stray animals because when you have no pets and you can't have one where you live its nice to see a dog or cat befriend you and play with you, thats how it is with my family, that is why I love seeing stray dogs and cats so I will have someone to play with and talk to even do they can't speak back. Its a real treat to have a animal befriend you, right guys?

If a s----- comes up to me I will scream call my dad and have him kill it, a good s---- is a dead one.

They have so MUCH to share...love, companionship, fleas, lice, rabies, swine flu, feline aids.

Seriously, be careful there has already been a recorded case of a house cat catching swine flu from it's owner. (NOT KIDDING)
Rocket Surgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 09:37 AM   #50
IndyWolf15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Surgeon
They have so MUCH to share...love, companionship, fleas, lice, rabies swine flu, feline aids.

Seriously, be careful there has already been a recorded case of a house cat catching swine flu from it's owner. (NOT KIDDING)
Yeah here in Atlanta there having a lot pets getting rabies. And they have nothing to help peoples pets. I'll becareful, Thank you RS, BTW what is your name? I can't believe pets are getting cancer now, I've never heard of such a thing. And people feeding there dogs and cats coffee, thats crazy!