Indy 4 Title (origonal ones please)

00Kevin

Indyfan
okay guys, post your origonal Ideas for the title of Indy 4

Ideas must:
-have never been used in any film/book and so on
-Cannot be a rumored Title
-Something you came up with yourself

if you wish, you can mention one that someone else came up with elsewhere, but give them credit then

Raffey

Indiana Jones and the Unfinished Script. :p

How can someone come up with a title for Indy IV without any specifics?

00Kevin

Indyfan
Raffey said:
Indiana Jones and the Unfinished Script. :p

How can someone come up with a title for Indy IV without any specifics?
'

I knew someone would say that, we're trying to come up with origonal Ideas, you can imagine any plot you'ld like

Tennessee Buck

INDIANA JONES AND THE WEB OF GOLD

Actually still working on the title. I plan to at least write a brief synopsis on my site. I want to see Indiana and a former A+ student get involved in an adventure, dealing with some sort of secret map to some buried treasure in the basement of the school Indy teaches in. This takes them to somewhere in America. I want to see Indiana have a brother (Tommy Lee Jones would be perfect) who is more of a bookworm like his father than the daredevil Indy. The brother travels with Marion to help find Indy whose life may be in danger - the former student of Indy's is a famous archaeologist who is also a Commie sympathizer and is working with an evil scientist to unleash an atomic bomb in Los Alamos! I see Julianne Moore as the archaeologist...and this adventure is just a wild goose chase to get money for a treasure that does not exist. Something like that, still working on it. Of course, this is set in the 1950's. And I thought this morning that a great pre-title sequence would include Indiana's mother chasing some looters who have stolen her husband's Grail books! I think that would be neat.

http://www.geocities.com/faustus_08520/Jerry_at_the_Movies.html

00Kevin

Indyfan
okay, that's enough jokes for this thread

(and no, you can't say "Indiana Jones and that's not Enough Jokes" or anything in that manner then)

bob

I dunno i suppose something maybe that gives an impression of enormity and finality and is also a bit corny. but without any script we cannot really speculate.

Indiana Jones Rides again

For Atlantis i would say: Indiana Jones and Fire of the Gods.

For Eden i reckon Indiana Jones and the Garden of Death

For Ark (again) Indiana Jones and the secrets of the lost ark

etc etc as you can see i havent thought very long about this and they are all probably on the wrong side of corny...

Randy_Flagg

These titles sound good, but I almost wonder if they're TOO good. Indiana Jones is supposed to be kind of campy (think "Temple of Doom.") So while I always hated the rumored title "And The Saucermen From Mars," it DOES keep with the campy tradition, and it's really no worse than "Temple of Doom" (we've just gotten used to TOD, but imagine if we heard it for the first time today... we'd think it was awful... like "Attack Of The Clones.") On the other hand, I guess "Last Crusade" broke from the campiness, so it's anybody's guess which way Lucas will go on this one.

My brain seems to have shut-down now, so I'll post some of my own title suggestions a bit later.

Tennessee Buck

I think some of the titles are quite good. I always thought that TEMPLE OF DOOM was quite a good title, in keeping with the tone and spirit of the movie. LAST CRUSADE works as far as the film's plot and also as the end of an era, the 1930's.

Adventurer

Indiana Jones and the Thirteenth Age

Indiana Jones and the Delegate of God

[Edit: Uh. Forget that last one. Sounds completely whacky]

[Edited by Adventurer on 04-18-2003 at 09:37 am]

The French Indy

-Indiana Jones and the Red Army

-Indiana Jones and the Cult of Death

-Indiana Jones and the Forbiden Garden

-Indiana Jones and the Space Invaders

-Indiana Jones and the Book of Death

-Indiana Jones and the Road to Darkness

-Indiana Jones and the Dukes of Hazard :)D)

-Indiana Jones and the Wrath of God

-Indiana Jones and the Crown of Thorns

That's it, i'm out ideas...

Randy_Flagg

Indiana Jones and The Path to Eden

or what if they broke with tradition completely and for a more modern approach with something like:

"IJ4: The Roswell Conspiracy"

(then my money would remain sitting comfortably in my wallet.)

[Edited by Randy_Flagg on 04-18-2003 at 12:00 pm]

Indiana Jones and the Forbidden Garden

I kinda like the sounds of this one.

I was going to volunteer an idea (If Indy was to go after Shagri-La)

Indiana Jones and the Forbidden Kingdom

00Kevin

Indyfan
Forbidden is a word that seems cool in an indy title.................a question is......how should it be worded, what with?

Randy_Flagg

"Forbidden" is good, and I like "Forsaken" too, though again, I'm not sure what context it should be in. Of course, it all depends on the plot.

I want them to avoid another
"____ of ____"
or
"____ of the ____".

We had "Raiders OF THE Lost Ark", "Temple OF Doom," and although it's a different franchise, Lucas already used "Attack OF THE Clones" and "Return OF THE Jedi."

[Edited by Randy_Flagg on 05-14-2003 at 08:40 am]