TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > Off Topic > Films
User Name
Password

Old 08-08-2007, 01:28 PM   #51
berelain19
IndyFan

I think the first is still the best,but actually I find them all very exciting and fun to watch.
Biff is just great! The ultimate bully!
berelain19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 07:46 PM   #52
Bullwhip
IndyFan

They're all equally great but I'm most partial to the third one. Love the Wild West setting.
Bullwhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 11:05 AM   #53
Doctor_Jones
IndyFan

I loved the first one.
The second was cool aswell
The third was okay but the thing that made it bad is the lovestory in it.
Back to the Future Four? Not happening. It's done, it's finished. No need for a fourth one.
Doctor_Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 01:46 PM   #54
oki9Sedo
IndyFan

Number one.
oki9Sedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 05:04 PM   #55
Hawkeye
IndyFan

I would have to say the first one, because it was the most original of the three. A real downside to the series was that Zemeckis and Gale recycled just about every joke from the first one into the second and third. The second seemed goofier than the first one, if that makes any sense. Kind of like Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest. They seemed to take the movies less seriously. With the third one, I really could have done without Doc's love story. They really had a good plot going, with Marty going to 1885 to prevent Doc from dying, but they just ruined it when they introduced Clara into the mix. As for a fourth one, they would be INSANE to try to do another movie without Michael J. Fox, and it just wouldn't be the same without the Delorean, the most rad car EVER!! Besides, they already continued the series in Back to the Future: The Animated Series, although they never did explain how the Delorean was un-destroyed.
Hawkeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 03:54 PM   #56
Doctorjones
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn
To start the discussion, there is one thing that has bugged me, in part II.
When old Biff "borrows" DeLorean to visit the past, why does he return the same 2015 he left, if he made some major changes to the events in 1955?

I watched this today for about the tenth time and thought exactly the same thing. I guess Robert didnt think of that. Unless there is some other reason.
Doctorjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 01:06 AM   #57
Michael24
IndyFan

My favorite is the first one (I'm a child of the '80s, so it makes me feel nostalgic when I watch it), though I enjoy the other two just as much. One of my favorite series that I watch regularly.
Michael24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 02:15 AM   #58
Baron Brunwald
IndyFan

I actually like III, the best, I dont know why.
1 was good, and I hardly remember 2. 3 just seemed funnier to me.
Baron Brunwald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 02:35 AM   #59
Kingsley
IndyFan

Back to the Future I...
that's the only movie I could have seen most times than Last Crusade.
All recorded in my mind somewhere... but in spanish

"Maldición.... Maldición, maldición!!"
Kingsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 03:16 AM   #60
Niteshade007
IndyFan

I really liked the first one, although I've only seen it a couple of times, and it's been years. I rented the second one and for some reason hated it. I don't remember exactly why, but I do remember not liking it. Last summer, a friend convinced me to watch the third one, and I enjoyed it. I really want to the see the first one again, and maybe I'll give the second one another try.
Niteshade007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 09:11 AM   #61
Attila the Professor

It has to be the second one, and for the revisiting of 1955 more than anything, and making everything match up.
Attila the Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 06:46 PM   #62
Vendetta08
IndyFan

You may like the beginning of this if you're a BTTF and Chris Lloyd/Doc fan. It was filmed earlier this year.

http://www.microsoft.com/winme/0706/29992/teched_.asx
Vendetta08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 08:05 PM   #63
Moedred
Administrator

You're all aware of the framing fiasco with discs 2 and 3, right?
http://www.angelfire.com/film/bttf2/
I just called the hotline and arranged to get the V2's.
(As a former projectionist, I believe people need act.)
Moedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 12:05 AM   #64
Michael24
IndyFan

I read about the framing issues the week the set came out, so I got my corrected versions immediately, probably within the first month of the release.

However, the set was reissued with the corrected versions, so buying the set in a store now will get you the right versions.
Michael24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 01:56 AM   #65
No Ticket
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moedred
You're all aware of the framing fiasco with discs 2 and 3, right?
http://www.angelfire.com/film/bttf2/
I just called the hotline and arranged to get the V2's.
(As a former projectionist, I believe people need act.)

Thanks for pointing out that link. I actually had never heard of the V2's before. I didn't even realize the error and I've had my box set of the BTTF trilogy for years! I think I'm going to have to try and get those V2 discs now!!

... it's a shame that even happened at all to such a great set of movies.
No Ticket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 06:26 AM   #66
Jones Junkie
IndyFan

I've never really "gotten into" these movies, even the first one, which is the only one I can say I like. When I do occasionally pop one in the player, I'm there for Christopher Lloyd only... but I gotta give part 3 some credit; that one scene taught me how to do the moonwalk.
Jones Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 08:13 AM   #67
kongisking
IndyFan

Part II. I love all the paradox-bits about them being in the exact same positions they were in the first film but from different perspectives, and having to not collide with their past (future) selves. Clever, ingenious editing, and pure, goofy fun. The BTTF trilogy is simply the best (to hell with Ghostbusters, although that is another hilarious sci-fi comedy).
kongisking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 05:39 PM   #68
Moedred
Administrator

http://www.scifiscripts.com/scripts/...nal_draft.html
Did Lucas pay Robert Zemeckis and Bob Gale anything to call these ideas his own?
Quote:
The Time Machine and lead-lined refrigerator-time chamber are assembled in the bed of the Army truck, as well as the Power Converter and a motorcycle with a sidecar.
-----
A TOWER WITH AN ATOMIC BOMB on it. This is it---Ground Zero. Yardage markers are posted at 200 yard intervals from the tower, up to 1600 yards, then a mile marker.
-----
In the dining room, more MANNEQUINS are seated at the table, which is set with full place settings. Marty wanders through the house, chuckling at the idiocy of it all.
-----
Marty turns on the TV. Snow. He switches channels and finally tunes in a picture---the “Howdy Doody” Show. Marty watches Clarabell dancing around and shakes his head.
I aso wonder if using Coca-Cola as fuel inspired the root beer gag in Lucasarts' "Monkey Island" game...
Moedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 06:52 AM   #69
The Man
IndyFan

I've never been as fond of Part III as much as I want to be, but overall it's a terrific trilogy, with one of the smartest, most inventive, literal sequels you'll ever see...
The Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 11:43 AM   #70
Jonesy9906753
IndyFan

Indy

i wonder what it would've been like if they made IV in the very late ninties,it would've been great to see,Christopher Lloyd and MJF back again,they're cool guys and great great actors,Micheal doesn't deserve whats happening to him with parkinson's diesease,so sad to watch such a guy have to live with it,along with Muhammad Ali
Jonesy9906753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 05:01 AM   #71
muttjones
IndyFan

Location: Australia (The only place Indy hasn't visited yet!)
Back to the Future - The Epic?

I just finished watching the Back to the Future trilogy again and I thought of an idea. As you may well know each BttF movie begins right at the end of the one before it (except for BttF I of course). So I am thinking of editing them all together so you are able to watch them one after the other but as if they were one extra long movie.
My only problem is cutting out the opening credits from BttF II and BttF III. The film title is easy to take out but it will be very hard to take out the other credits as they are over footage that is important (pretty sure this only matters with the last film as the opening credits in the second film are superimposed over footage that is unimportant). If worst comes to worst and it is impossible to edit out the opening credits with the footage then I will just have to see if the film can start from the point after the credits.

Anyway, does this sound like a cool idea? Has it already been done? Do you have any suggestions of how to take out the opening credits but not the footage underneath it?

cheers

I was also thinking of doing the epic differently. My friend has a copy of The Godfather - The Epic. Illegally someone sold copies of his edited version of The Godfather Part 1 and Part 2. The difference was that this person had edited the footage so that it was in chronological order.
I think doing BttF this way could be really interesting seeing as the film is about time. the plot may not work so well though.

Thoughts?

cheers
muttjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 05:29 AM   #72
TheMutt92
IndyFan

Sounds cool. Have no idea how to help w/ the credits editing though .
TheMutt92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 06:52 AM   #73
The Man
IndyFan

You could cut from Doc Brown fainting to he and Marty reading the letter. When do the opening credits end in Part III - just before Howdy Doody Time starts on the T.V?
Old 11-07-2008, 07:01 AM   #74
muttjones
IndyFan

Location: Australia (The only place Indy hasn't visited yet!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man
You could cut from Doc Brown fainting to he and Marty reading the letter. When do the opening credits end in Part III - just before Howdy Doody Time starts on the T.V?

they start as he wakes up at howdy doody time. i'm not sure whether the credits still roll after that (i'll check) but i think from him fainting to him waking up could be a nice cross fade moment.

Last edited by muttjones : 11-07-2008 at 07:29 AM.
muttjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 07:06 AM   #75
The Man
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by muttjones
they start as he wakes up at howdy doody time. i'm not sure whether the credits still roll after that (i'll check) but i think from him fainting to him waking up could be a nice cross fade moment.

Here's a thought: instead of a cross-fade, you could hear them beginning to read the letter as Marty tries to revive Doc and then just cut to it. You'd have to fiddle with the music and audio at the end of Part II, though...