TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > Off Topic > Films
User Name
Password

Old 11-07-2008, 08:28 AM   #76
muttjones
IndyFan

Location: Australia (The only place Indy hasn't visited yet!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man
Here's a thought: instead of a cross-fade, you could hear them beginning to read the letter as Marty tries to revive Doc and then just cut to it. You'd have to fiddle with the music and audio at the end of Part II, though...

But if you cut it from when they read the letter then it doesn't resolve doc's fainting. I'm also trying to edit out the least amount of the films as possible. Only the credits which are not needed are allowed to be edited. Also the cross fade makes an easy edit as the camera pull back from marty reviving doc to show the to be concluded title. By cross fading before this I skip the theme music as it pulls out giving a much nicer, cleaner cut.

I checked the start of part II as well and credits are over the top of flying through the clouds. at the end of the last credit the music dies down giving just about a second of clouds before it pans down to the flying cars on the sky highway. I only have the dvds and no way of ripping them so i have to figure out a way of getting copies of all three films so i can put them into my editing program.
muttjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 12:09 PM   #77
metalinvader
IndyFan

I can't believe I never noticed this before..lol

http://www.thatvideosite.com/video/c..._wa it_for_it

What is Verne trying to tell us?!
metalinvader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 07:36 PM   #78
indyclonejr
IndyFan

I found out at hollywood palms theater http://www.hollywoodpalmscinema.com/...-james-tolkan/

and hollywood blvd. http://www.atriptothemovies.com/inde...ecial%20Events

that they are playing back to the future on Feb 26 & 28 hollywood blvd.
and Feb 27 hollywood palms with hosts Christopher Lloyd, Lea Thomson, Cludia Wells, & James Tolkan in il, and I'm going to see it on the 27th because thats my birthday.
indyclonejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 12:57 AM   #79
00Kevin
Indyfan

seeing this thread inspired me to youtube the origonal universal studios ride footage! great memories. did you guys know the ride got shut down 3 years ago? tragic, without ET and BTTF i'm afraid universal studios will never be the same to me as the first magical experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalinvader
I can't believe I never noticed this before..lol

http://www.thatvideosite.com/video/c..._wa it_for_it

What is Verne trying to tell us?!

oh god, i will never be able to watch that scene without looking at that again

Last edited by Attila the Professor : 06-29-2010 at 01:48 AM.
00Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 02:30 PM   #80
Stoo
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyclonejr
I found out at hollywood palms theater http://www.hollywoodpalmscinema.com/...-james-tolkan/

and hollywood blvd. http://www.atriptothemovies.com/inde...ecial%20Events

that they are playing back to the future on Feb 26 & 28 hollywood blvd.
and Feb 27 hollywood palms with hosts Christopher Lloyd, Lea Thomson, Cludia Wells, & James Tolkan in il, and I'm going to see it on the 27th because thats my birthday.
Hi, indyclonejr. If you get a chance to talk to Claudia Wells, could you (or your dad) please mention to her the short-lived "Herbie, The Love Bug" TV series from 1982. She played the daughter of Dean Jones' love interest in all 5 episodes. The series was a failure but would love to hear what she has to say about it (+ being associated with 2 iconic, film cars).
Stoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 03:58 PM   #81
indyclonejr
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo
Hi, indyclonejr. If you get a chance to talk to Claudia Wells, could you (or your dad) please mention to her the short-lived "Herbie, The Love Bug" TV series from 1982. She played the daughter of Dean Jones' love interest in all 5 episodes. The series was a failure but would love to hear what she has to say about it (+ being associated with 2 iconic, film cars).

Okay we'll tell her.
Old 02-28-2010, 12:17 PM   #82
indyclonejr
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo

I met her last night and she said it was fun being in herbie the love bug.
Old 02-28-2010, 10:07 PM   #83
Chicago Jones
IndyFan

I got to meet The Doc. He was a zombie. The event was very disorganized and the "body guards" or whatever herded, pushed, poked us in every direction.
Chicago Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 10:08 PM   #84
indyclone25
IndyFan

she also said that dean jones talked to her alot about christ --- she sort of laughed it off after she said that meaning she sure didnt like that everyday during that time ---but she was very hot looking --- i have pics nothing real close as they wern't letting folks take pics next to the actors since they were 100's of fans there . i will post pics soon tho
indyclone25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 04:37 PM   #85
indyclone25
IndyFan

here are some of the pics taken at the back to the future reunion at the hollywood palms theater in naperville il feb.27th
claudia wells

lea thompson

james tolkan
Old 03-30-2010, 05:19 PM   #86
indyclone25
IndyFan

doc and getting into the car

i was watching bttf again and i can kick my own butt , but i never noticed this before , when doc pulls the delorean out of the truck when marty gets there , how did doc get into the car? i mean the car pulls out and it is so close to the walls of the van or truck , so even the gullwing doors wont open in there , so how did doc get in there ?
Old 04-18-2010, 06:40 PM   #87
Canyon
IndyFan

Location: Originally from the UK but now living in Pennsylvania, USA!!!
I have a question for you all.

Has anyone here seen the original movie in the cinema, back in 1985?

I did (I was 12 at the time) and I loved the movie!
Canyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 08:27 PM   #88
InexorableTash
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyclone25
i was watching bttf again and i can kick my own butt , but i never noticed this before , when doc pulls the delorean out of the truck when marty gets there , how did doc get into the car? i mean the car pulls out and it is so close to the walls of the van or truck , so even the gullwing doors wont open in there , so how did doc get in there ?

To refute a common myth: DeLorean gullwing doors actually require less clearance to open than regular doors; only 11" inches. (Or 14" depending on what source you refer too.) The BTTF films unrealistically portray them as having a wide swing for dramatic effect (e.g. Doc taking out Biff in BTTF2).

That said, I haven't paid attention to the scene in question; it's probably movie magic.
InexorableTash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 02:26 AM   #89
Montana Smith
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by InexorableTash
To refute a common myth: DeLorean gullwing doors actually require less clearance to open than regular doors; only 11" inches. (Or 14" depending on what source you refer too.) The BTTF films unrealistically portray them as having a wide swing for dramatic effect (e.g. Doc taking out Biff in BTTF2).

That said, I haven't paid attention to the scene in question; it's probably movie magic.

They were lucky that the doors actually opened at all. After all, it was a DeLorean, one of the worst and most unrelaible cars, which was the biggest joke/paradox of the film.

Last edited by Montana Smith : 04-19-2010 at 02:34 AM.
Montana Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 12:31 AM   #90
Moedred
Administrator

Blu-ray trilogy due in October. It includes storyboards based on the 1981 first draft in which they nuke the fridge: "Nuclear Test Site Ending Storyboard Sequence: Storyboard sequence of the original proposed ending of the film."

Here's a better poster for part III, by the way.
Moedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 01:40 PM   #91
Canyon
IndyFan

Back to the Future 25th anniversary UK release

Today, I went to see the new version of the Karate Kid, and it turned out to be a pretty good movie.

On coming out of the theatre, I saw a BTTF poster and it took me a few seconds to realise that this year, there is going to be a re-release of this movie. I believe that the date will be 1st October 2010. For those of you who live in the UK, this was at a Showcase cinema, and I'm not sure if they are just showing it there, or whether it's just in the UK. I've had a look on the web, but can't seem to find any mention of this but I can't imagine them not showing it in the US.

I originally saw the movie in it's original 1985 year of release. I was twelve years old at the time, and fell in love with the movie and had to wait forever to get it on VHS.
Old 08-30-2010, 02:18 PM   #92
Major Eaton
IndyFan

That is great. There is a trailer here for the re-release. Unfortunately, there will be no US release. You're lucky! It also goes on to say...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Source
The two-week engagement will be presented digitally, utilizing the new digital HD transfer of the film created for the upcoming Blu-ray Disc boxed set release, playing in approximately 200 theaters across the U.K. Unfortunately, there are no plans to re-release the film to theaters in any other country at this time, including the United States.

Apparently, you can watch it as many times as you want in a two week period. I'm buying the blu ray on 10/26, no question.
Major Eaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 05:25 PM   #93
Canyon
IndyFan

GOOD NEWS FOR YOU AMERICANS!!!

http://www.heyuguys.co.uk/2010/09/28...to-us-cinemas/

Old 10-01-2010, 07:40 PM   #94
Forbidden Eye
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canyon

Damn not living near an AMC theater!
Forbidden Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 03:41 AM   #95
No Ticket
IndyFan

I. AM. DEFINITELY. GOING. TO... uhhh okay enough with the periods. To see it in theaters!
No Ticket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 11:28 AM   #96
XanaduEli
IndyFan

I am going to see it with Iacovos in about an hour and 45 minutes. YAY!
XanaduEli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 01:17 PM   #97
Canyon
IndyFan

Huzzah!

I'm going to try to see it in the next few days.
Old 10-13-2010, 02:08 AM   #98
Moedred
Administrator

Love this poster concept for III. Perfectly ludicrous.
Old 10-13-2010, 12:29 PM   #99
Attila the Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moedred
Love this poster concept for III. Perfectly ludicrous.

That's phenomenal. I think I ultimately enjoy the train tracks more, but this is some inspired lunacy, no doubt.
Attila the Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 11:50 PM   #100
Moedred
Administrator

Netflix is unfortunately the only place to see the Amazing Stories episode Go the Head of the Class. It's inseparable in my mind from the trilogy. Directed by Robert Zemeckis in 1986, music by Alan Silvestri, written by Bob Gale, starring Christopher Lloyd. (Then cruise over to Mummy Daddy from season one for a great Spielberg impression by Bronson Pinchot and music by Danny Elfman.) Happy Halloween!
http://www.netflix.com/WiPlayer?movieid=70083675