TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > The Films > Indiana Jones Trilogy
User Name
Password

Old 04-21-2011, 05:15 PM   #151
Hanselation
IndyFan

I'm impressed what I started some days ago with entry #47 by grabbing out this thread, that was ignored for half a year before.

I did it because I would like to know how much of this scene was developed.
And I see, there comes is more and more information, that it still could have be done.

Of course I still doubt that it was in the movie, but also there is to see a germ of truth.
If JayDee will show us the promotion clip and we will see the egg scene, this raid will not end. The next thing is: Does the egg scene also exist in a movie version on VHS -american canadian or german or... edition?
If the scene was released on VHS, it should be possible to dig it somewhere. But till now there are only words, no evidence. So its normal that people like me, who didn't see this scene in 1984 in the movies and also not on versions after that, are still doubting.

These topic is a little bit like hunting for treasures only for fortune and glory.
So be on good terms, it's just fun.
Hanselation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 05:55 PM   #152
Pale Horse

Correct me if I'm wrong, but all those pictures show is extend or alternate clips of the Pilots ... there are no chicken or eggs in that scene?
Pale Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 06:48 PM   #153
Stoo
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanselation
I'm impressed what I started some days ago with entry #47 by grabbing out this thread, that was ignored for half a year before.
Indeed, Hanselation. I'm very happy that you answered my call to German fans (post #46). This thread was asleep for too long...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanselation
These topic is a little bit like hunting for treasures only for fortune and glory.
So be on good terms, it's just fun.
Correct!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pale Horse
Correct me if I'm wrong, but all those pictures show is extend or alternate clips of the Pilots ... there are no chicken or eggs in that scene?
Aw, come on, Pale! Anyone with an interest in this topic (and who has been following this thread) should know that the pilots were supposed to kill Indy. The colour photo shows the pilot handing a gun to his co-pilot, the black & white one shows the pilot aiming the gun in order to do the nasty deed himself. As per the script, these bits were part of the egg scene.

Last edited by Stoo : 04-21-2011 at 06:53 PM.
Stoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 07:22 PM   #154
JuniorJones
TR.N Staff Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo
No kidding. Talk about turning a blind eye... All Quiet on the Western Front...

The Raven has lots of members talking about social networking and the food on their plates. They simply haven't got time to read any information about Indiana Jones!

People need to be encourage to be involved with this community and be a bit more active.
JuniorJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 06:53 AM   #155
Montana Smith
IndyFan

Quote:

This is very true.

Quote:
Aw, come on, Pale! Anyone with an interest in this topic (and who has been following this thread) should know that the pilots were supposed to kill Indy. The colour photo shows the pilot handing a gun to his co-pilot, the black & white one shows the pilot aiming the gun in order to do the nasty deed himself. As per the script, these bits were part of the egg scene.

This could also be very true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorJones
The Raven has lots of members talking about social networking and the food on their plates. They simply haven't got time to read any information about Indiana Jones!

People need to be encourage to be involved with this community and be a bit more active.

That makes for a third truth! No more tweeting what you're eating!

I read every single word of The Complete Making of... (I was glued from start to finish). But remembering everything is another matter.

What's at stake here? Whether the egg scene was filmed, or whether it was ever included in a release of the film? If it's just the former, then the cut will most probably still exist in some archive. Knowing now how the revisionist Lucas works, he's always prone to going back and amending/including old footage - so to discard it would be out of character?
Montana Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 07:57 AM   #156
Hanselation
IndyFan

Nearly we've found the scene....
Okay, it's just a fitting relaxing easter joke:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrCb_fNmSTA
Hanselation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 05:26 PM   #157
Mickiana
IndyFan

Very inventive. Someone's got too much time on their hands. Still no Indiana to catch the egg!
Mickiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 05:41 PM   #158
Pale Horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Smith
What's at stake here? Whether the egg scene was filmed, or whether it was ever included in a release of the film?

I don't even think it was filmed.
Old 04-25-2011, 09:24 PM   #159
Stoo
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorJones
Don't be silly, Junior. Who has the time to read about Indy when there are all these upcoming film releases & video games to talk about?
Quote:
What's at stake here? Whether the egg scene was filmed, or whether it was ever included in a release of the film?
Both. Getting the doubters to realize it was seen by some people has now turned to battling the disbelief that it was even filmed. As stated earlier in the thread, the evidence I posted is not meant to prove that the part was in some prints but to reinforce the fact that the scene was shot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiana
Very inventive. Someone's got too much time on their hands.
The person is most likely an engineering student in university because Rube Goldbergs seem to be a common 'homework' project.
Quote:
I don't even think it was filmed.
Then how would you explain the photo of the pilot with the gun? If the scene wasn't filmed, then that photo wouldn't egg-zist.
Old 04-26-2011, 03:30 AM   #160
JayDee
IndyFan

You just have to look over to another franchise: Star Wars.

There are so many "behind-the-scenes" pictures which proof that these scenes were actually filmed, too. And with this knowledge I gained over the last 20 years, the photo of the pilot with his gun is for me at least the proof that there is a missing and FILMED scene onboard the plane. All I wish is to find out now if the egg scene enhances the gun scene.
JayDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 10:03 AM   #161
JayDee
IndyFan

Just FYI:

The tv station got my money (I had to pay 53,- €) and told me that from now on it will take 2 weeks before I receive the DVD. Can´t wait anymore...
Old 04-26-2011, 10:41 AM   #162
Pale Horse

Quote:
Then how would you explain the photo of the pilot with the gun? If the scene wasn't filmed, then that photo wouldn't egg-zist.

Filming a pilot with a gun is much different than filming an egg exiting from a chicken's arse and falling into a sleeping mans hand...

it's called an establishing shot in the industry to foreshadow the intent of the pilot to off Indy...no egg needed.
Old 04-26-2011, 10:43 AM   #163
JayDee
IndyFan

Quote:
...no egg needed.

So what is needed to let the pilot decide not to shoot Indy and let the whole plane crash?
Old 04-26-2011, 12:05 PM   #164
Sharkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDee
So what is needed to let the pilot decide not to shoot Indy and let the whole plane crash?
A scene that was never filmed is needed.
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 12:07 PM   #165
JayDee
IndyFan

Or no comment from you.
Old 04-26-2011, 12:27 PM   #166
Sharkey

So its settled, there was no egg scene filmed.
Old 04-26-2011, 12:37 PM   #167
JayDee
IndyFan

Not in your world you are living in, yes.
Old 04-26-2011, 01:00 PM   #168
Sharkey

Its another dimension in point of fact, not one of your delusions.
Old 04-26-2011, 01:03 PM   #169
JayDee
IndyFan

There is no room for your trolling in my delusion, so I am fine with it.
Old 04-26-2011, 01:16 PM   #170
Stoo
IndyFan

Quote:
Filming a pilot with a gun is much different than filming an egg exiting from a chicken's arse and falling into a sleeping mans hand...

it's called an establishing shot in the industry to foreshadow the intent of the pilot to off Indy...no egg needed.
Erm, no, that's not what an establishing shot is. In the industry, an establishing shot means a shot used to show a change of place/setting or the passage of time. (Ex. the college exterior in "Raiders".)

Anyway, it was filmed because I & others have seen it (though I don't recall a shot of the chicken's arse).
Quote:
The tv station got my money (I had to pay 53,- €) and told me that from now on it will take 2 weeks before I receive the DVD. Can´t wait anymore...
Thanks for the update, JayDee. If the scene is on there, certain doubters probably still won't believe that in was in some theatres.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkey
A scene that was never filmed is needed.
Instead of peeing all over the thread, can you hold your bladder for another 2 weeks?
Old 04-26-2011, 01:25 PM   #171
Montana Smith
IndyFan

Quote:
Instead of peeing all over the thread, can you hold your bladder for another 2 weeks?

That would no doubt produce an altogether different kind of Sharkey explosion!

Quote:
Anyway, it was filmed because I & others have seen it (though I don't recall a shot of the chicken's arse).

Still no 'money shot' then?

Quote:
Thanks for the update, JayDee. If the scene is on there, certain doubters probably still won't believe that in was in some theatres.

It's going to be hard to prove it made the theatres, but seing it will be a very interesting step in the right direction.
Montana Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 01:29 PM   #172
JayDee
IndyFan

Quote:

That´s a point where I have to disappoint you, because I am only on the side to proof that this scene exists, not that is was shown in some theaters But believe me, you have all my blessing right now
Old 04-26-2011, 01:40 PM   #173
Pale Horse

Quote:
Erm, no, that's not what an establishing shot is. In the industry, an establishing shot means a shot used to show a change of place/setting or the passage of time. (Ex. the college exterior in "Raiders".)

Anyway, it was filmed.

I like crow, it tastes like chicken. If (the egg fall and catch) is on the tape...I'll concede. But I won't have to. I'll forward the recipes if need be.

Don't even need the 'money shot'. But filming/photographing discourse t'ween the pilots isn't proof to me.
Old 04-26-2011, 01:41 PM   #174
Sharkey

Quote:
There is no room for your trolling in my delusion, so I am fine with it.
Prove your illusion. Until you do its ancient aliens all over again.

I can wait and look forward to your proof. But the gun scene doesn't mean the egg scene was filmed.
Old 04-26-2011, 01:48 PM   #175
Stoo
IndyFan

Quote:
That would no doubt produce an altogether different kind of Sharkey explosion!
Don't you mean egg-splosion?
Quote:
Still no 'money shot' then?
Not yet...
Quote:
It's going to be hard to prove it made the theatres, but seing it will be a very interesting step in the right direction.
It is next to impossible to prove it was shown some theatres. Hopefully, this gang can accept the truth once they see the scene (IF it's on JayDee's DVD) but I doubt the doubters will believe.

I don't want to be stuck in an eternal state of Matt deMille syndrome forever.