Has/will Lucas produce historical docs for the next film box set

Adamwankenobi

I'm sure you are all well aware of the 94 historical documentaries that Lucas-McCallum produced for the YIJC DVD sets. It makes me wonder if they went or will go the extra mile and have docs made about topics of historical significance seen in the feature films. This could include:

for ROTLA:
-doc on the Ark of the Covenant
-doc on the rise and reign of the Nazis

for TOD:
-doc on Chinese culture
-doc on Hindu culture and religion

for LC:
-doc on the Holy Grail myth
-doc on Hitler's rise to power and his right hand man Himmler

for KOTCS:
-doc on the crystal skulls and the mythology surrounding them
-doc on the Soviet Union, the Cold War, and the rise and fall of communism

Professor Jones

I don't think they'll make such documentaries. Besides, Indy saga it's not historical-based as the YIJC serie. And it's not such an "educative-oriented" show.

Adamwankenobi

Professor Jones said:
I don't think they'll make such documentaries. Besides, Indy saga it's not historical-based as the YIJC serie. And it's not such an "educative-oriented" show.

That's what I was thinking. But the history is still there, and I think the films deserve to have fact separated from fiction for the kids and the ignorant folks out there. :whip:

oki9Sedo

Unlikely. The TV show explores real historical events to a far, far, far greater degree than the films.

Last edited:

Ignatius Stone

I'd just be happy for any future boxset releases to include the original making of documentaries (Making of Raiders & Great Movie Stunts).
My VHS copies of those classic docs are getting pretty worn out.